Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria (488 Views)

NCC Releases Short Code For Ending Unsolicited Messages By Network Providers / 7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Data Plans For Different Network Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by Josh1920: 5:35pm On May 12, 2018
The invention of phones in general by Graham Bell, did not actually include unwanted calls from network providers who have gone beyond boundaries to make sure that their adverts gets to the ears of all their subscribers, as they no longer see radio, television and internet ads as sufficient enough to pass their adverts.

This act of impunity has become a menace in the society of smartphone users. People on a daily basis get unwanted calls with advert contents.

In this article I am going to be discussing 3 possible ways to blocking such phone calls from getting to your smartphone
learn more...
Re: How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by Josh1920: 5:51pm On May 12, 2018
2. USING THE SPAM CALL BLOCKING FEATURE AVAILABLE TO SAMSUNG AND GOOGLE PIXEL USERS

Samsung Galaxy s9 spam call feature

Okay this method isn’t for everyone and shouldn’t be on the list.
I included it because it’s very cool, I really a appreciate the manner these features work.

It should have probably been the last option, but i couldn’t just wait to share it.

For SAMSUNG SMARTPHONES, spam calls are automatically flagged in the phone app immediately the call comes in.

For GOOGLE PIXEL, when spam call hit your device, the phone app immediately turned red, giving you a very easy way to identify spam calls learn more
Re: How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by Ejadike(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2018
Just Samsung and Google devices?? I thought its gonna work for all android devices because Airtel wan finish me with calls
Re: How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by yeman1(m): 10:06am On May 13, 2018
same here ... Airtel and mtn.
They will use normal number as if someone is calling. though initially they used something like 5322 and so on. I did block them. now they've changed to real numbers that u wont know if it's real or not.
nonsense!
Re: How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by Josh1920: 11:08am On May 13, 2018
yeman1:
same here ... Airtel and mtn.
They will use normal number as if someone is calling. though initially they used something like 5322 and so on. I did block them. now they've changed to real numbers that u wont know if it's real or not.
nonsense!

Am going to post the general one now
Re: How To Block Advert Phone Calls From Network Providers In Nigeria by Josh1920: 11:13am On May 13, 2018
1. INSTALLING AN ADVANCED CALL BLOCKING APP ON YOUR ANDROID AND IOS SMARTPHONES.
Nomorobo, RoboKiller, Hiya, true caller e.t.c have been designed to carry out such tasks.

These apps give the ability to maintain a personal blacklist of numbers that might be bothering you and whitelist those you want to call you. Some work by downloading a dedicated contacts list which are seperate from your regular contacts to your phone. Before you can make use of such apps, you will need to grant them permission in your smartphone settings, whether you downloaded the app on Android or on iOS learn more...

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry KEY 2 With Dual Cameras Launching On June 7 / Frustrated With Glo / How To Stop Instagram Videos From Auto-loading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.