Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Learn How To Download A Copy Of Everything Instagram Knows About You - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Learn How To Download A Copy Of Everything Instagram Knows About You (353 Views)

How Do I Download A Photo From Instagram? / Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Download A Copy Of Everything Instagram Knows About You by MICIBAMA(m): 12:25am On May 13, 2018
Facebook's Instagram keeps a copy of everything you've ever shared. It's easy to download an archive of that information, so I'm going to show you how.

There are two primary reasons you might want to do this: first, it's worth seeing what sort of private information is stored on Instagram's servers.

http://techusnaija..com.ng/2018/05/download-a-copy-of-Instagram-data.html

Second, it's convenient if you want to take all of your data and move to another service.

How to download your data
You can download your own archive and discover what Instagram still knows about you. Here's how: - Navigate to Instagram.com and select your profile.
- Click the gear next to your name and select "Privacy and Security."
- Scroll down to "Data Download" and click "Request Download."
- Then enter the email you'd like to receive the download link too and verify the request by entering your Instagram password.

While Instagram says it can take up to 48 hours, I received my download link in under thirty minutes. The data comes through as a zip file with folders for photos, stories, and videos.

Anything that isn't a photo or video -- messages, profile, searches, and settings -- are saved in text format that you can open with notepad on a computer.

How to delete your Instagram data:
If you don't want Instagram to have this data, you can delete it all. (Instagram confirms in its FAQ that it's actually deleted.) Doing so requires you to delete your entire account permanently, however. If you don't want to do that, you can temporarily disable your account, too.

Here's how:
- Visit Instagram's "delete your account page."
- Select a reason for why you want to delete your data.
- Click "Permanently delete my account."

http://techusnaija..com.ng/2018/05/download-a-copy-of-Instagram-data.html

(1) (Reply)

Special Invitation For Discounted Solar Energy Products - Open Now!!! / ATTN Companies: Need Power Monitoring\auditing Solutions / $100 Amazon Promotional Code For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.