Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin (52749 Views)

COVID19: Them Say Na China Chop Meat, The Rest Of The World Dey Wash Hand / Nigerians React As Lady Uses Champagne To Wash Her Private Parts (VIDEO) / How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 1:41am On May 13, 2018
I only hear or see on whatsapp broadcast messages about snake being inside the water closet and several precautions to take to avoid such. But this happen live yesterday 12/05/2018.

In my toilet, I have a wash hand basin immediately you enter the toilet to your right before getting to the water closet. So while using the water closet, I was pressing and attending to some stuffs on my phone when my eyes got glued to one hole in the wash hand basin, I saw something brownish inside and I was like, could this be rag, and if it's a rag, what was it doing there?, was it used to cover or block something?, so put on the touch light of my phone and moved closer but what I saw a shinning brown snake.

I dash out of the toilet without cleaning up, entered the bathroom to clean up and put on some cloth. Couldn't think straight and I was like, how can a snake be inside that place, the same wash hand basin where I wash my hand and brush my teeth everyday. I took a picture of it because I knew many would not believe me.

Didn't know what to do for a while before I later decide to pour petrol inside the whole and light it up. Immediately I pour the petrol, the snake ran for cover before I could light it up. I eventually did so but not where I expected, the fire was just burning inside the basin but not inside the hole. While doing that, I pharmacist friend of mine called, I narrated everything to him he told me to make sure I see the snake and kill it. So he advise I called a plumber to take out the basin and trace where ever the snake might be and make sure I kill it.

So I called my landlord, he wasn't picking, so I went to his apartment and met his younger brother, he said the Landlord is not at home. I narrated everything to him. He followed me to my apartment, removed the basin and took it out of the toiled into the compound.

The basin has several outlet and compartment, so we decided to sniff out the snake. So we put grounded pepper on a paper and applied matches to burn it up which was inserted in one of the hole so that the smoke can move within the compartment hence forcing the snake out but nothing happened. We applied petrol and light it up, still nothing happen. I brought out like 3 different insecticides and flit through the hole and still nothing comes out.

The guy started asking questions like, sir are u sure u see anything, I showed him the pictures I took and zoom it. He was like, we have tried everything possible but nothing is coming out. So i started questioning myself if I truly saw anything. I kept on insisting that, the snake is there. Since we don't have any hole on the wall where the basin was fixed and the only outlet we have is the water passage from the basin through the channel and into the soak away.

He held the basin and start shaking it for sometime and drop it on the floor again. He now peep through one of the hole and said, it's true oo. U said? I asked, he affirmed that he has seen it. So am not hallucinating? I ask myself. Was relieved to hear the snake is there indeed.

He asked me to boil a water and we pour it inside one of the hole and he shook it severally, mind u, I was a bit far away from him ooo. After dropping it again, he ask me to come closer where I could see it clearly. I told him am not coming that am OK where I was. He said, the snake is dead that I should come closer. On seeing it, I took another pictures through the hole and zoom it. He later used a copper wire to pull out the dead snake.

Hmmmmm. If I was told that it is possible to see a snake in that kind of place, I would never have believed such, even those I see on whatsapp broadcast messages but now, seeing is believing.

Attached are some pictures taken through the whole drama.

Sorry for the long epistle.

Please don't mind the typographical error or the English blunder but mind the messages.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 1:44am On May 13, 2018
More pictures

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 1:45am On May 13, 2018
More pictures

1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 1:49am On May 13, 2018
More pix

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by holuwamosey(m): 1:50am On May 13, 2018
Dis one hook me ooooo

1 Like

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 2:00am On May 13, 2018
Can't post the remaining pictures. Don't know what's happening. Not loading. Giving a error message.

Thanks all
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 2:10am On May 13, 2018
Pix

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by KevMitnick: 3:59am On May 13, 2018
Lord have mercy...

8 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by jonaboy: 6:36am On May 13, 2018
May God continue to protect us daily.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Ligxy(f): 7:29am On May 13, 2018
Lalasticlala see snake �

4 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by pj3400(m): 8:10am On May 13, 2018
Hmmmmmm. God knows for how long the snake might have been there. Lala please help put the post in appropriate section. We all need to be careful. And my house is not close to the busy area. This is a house inside an estate. So it can happen anywhere but God forbid bad thing. (in my life)

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Iykecollins(m): 10:18am On May 13, 2018
Lalasticlala another snake matter ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by mjbaba: 2:25pm On May 13, 2018
Nigerians, take care of your bathrooms, keep the environment clean, keep everywhere tidy

you sef see how your bathroom be na, very condusive for snakes.

maintenance culture is very poor in naija. The most painful ones are some hotels that actually have this kind of bathrooms. ewwww. you lodge or visit someone, you cant sleep, you dont even want your body to touch anything

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by BiggerbossAmani(m): 2:27pm On May 13, 2018
grin

chaii ! Nigeria self, Just take a look what this op said

" In my toilet, I have a wash hand basin immediately you enter the toilet to your right before getting to the water closet".

Pj3400 why describing your house or abi toilet like this
Do we tell you we are going to pay you a visit to see if what you showed us is true.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by dbynonetwork: 2:28pm On May 13, 2018
CHAI!!
Sweet meat for peppersoup Don set..

1 Like

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Bossontop(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2018
undecided
Dis wan too small for oga lala wedding na

5 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by shamecurls(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2018
So snake cannot live with you in peace again?

Sigh...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by swiz123(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2018
Such a waste of good meat. I am sure lala agrees
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by carpmam: 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
So u wrote all those things for us to read bcoz of a baby snake, ur mate have upgraded to killing bush babies

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by tegamarro(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
Shii when last did you wash that basine shocked

3 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by HeyCorleone(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
Ain't nowhere we haven't seen snake in my house back then.

In my sister's room, the kitchen, on the roof, balcony.

God keeps saying his children.

3 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by busky101(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
Why won't snake be there, when was the last time your landlord renovate his house..... Thank God for your life

2 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by CLASSMAN: 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
Lalala ho lalala
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
Na your village person be that.
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Jayslyder: 2:30pm On May 13, 2018
is it just me or does this guy narrates like a 5 year old

4 Likes

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by nigeriafilm(m): 2:30pm On May 13, 2018
Op, you or your landlord brother, that barter no be here o
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by hotspec(m): 2:31pm On May 13, 2018
So after killing d snake with hot water, u come pull out the whole basin and also waste 50liters of fuel to burn d carcass cool
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by stefanweeks: 2:32pm On May 13, 2018
Dangerous

Thats why i dont like living downstairs

all this creeping and crawling stuffs go just dey get unlimited access

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2018
grin

Your dead uncle has been living with you guys all this while.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Heltinking(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
Damn
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by Anijay1212(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
shocked
Re: Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin by wunmi590(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
All this long epistle just because of Lala snake?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman's Huge Fibroid Surgically Removed In Lagos. Graphic Photos / Indonesians Who Don't Wear Face-Masks Are Made To Lie In Coffins By Police (Pix) / George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.