Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (92005 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 11:41am On May 13, 2018
If you've never heard of Carquest, google them. They have expanded to Nigeria. They sell original parts that all come with warranties of anywhere from 6 months to lifetime. They also sell all the CORRECT oils for each vehicle. They are located in Lekki right after the second toll gate. There is also a repair shop for an American franchise called Milex and Mr. Transmission. Again, google if you don't know who they are. If you lived in the colder states in the US, you've probably heard of them. They warranty their work with the same warranties Carquest offers. If you are tired of street mechanics F'ing up your car or dealers charging exhorbitant prices for work they didn't do, you should probably check them out.

They will be opening a total of 10 stores across Nigeria and warranties will be good at any of the stores. They will provide for ALL major car brands not just american cars. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, etc.

*update customer service can be reached at support@radautoworks.com, 0803 419 7461 and 0908 306 4719 M-F 9-5, Sat 9-2

On instagram @radautoworks
on Facebook, @CarquestMilexNG
on YouTube Rad Auto Works presents Mr Transmission-Milex

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com

Blog with useful car information https://milexcompleteautocare.com/blog

For directions, enter Mr Transmission, Milex or Rad Auto Works into Google maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50iK3pcKvh4

DISCLAIMER: I am on the board of directors for these stores and this is a passion project for me because the state of auto repair in this country is ridiculous. Having returned home, we are merely trying to bring the minimum level of service we are used to from the USA to Nigeria. I hope this post doesn't violate Nairaland rules.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by sholatech(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2018
@radautoworks,

1. Can we pick up some urgent needed spare parts tomorrow from you?

2. Do you provide franchising opportunity if - need to operate some of your outlets in cities outside Lagos?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 12:12pm On May 13, 2018
WE HEARD YOUR COMPLAINTS AND MADE SOME IMPROVEMENTS!

By far the largest complaints we ever had were about our lack of communication. With our new system, all information about your repair is at your fingertips 24/7 LIVE as it happens. Still have additional questions? You can reach your auto advisor without having to make a phone call. The message goes directly to YOUR service advisor, is logged and monitored and if they are not immediately available they will respond as soon as they are free!

BUT HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you come in, you will receive a welcome email like the one below with a link were you can monitor all aspects of your repair.

The link will take you a webpage like the one below.

From this page you can MESSAGE YOUR ADVISOR...

View the different recommended repairs and their estimated costs (broken down into parts and labor per service as well as in total)...If you scroll down the page, you can also see any findings and notes to and from your auto advisor...

And approve all or part of the estimate without ever having to come into the shop or make a phone call! Pertinent pictures will even be available to view of your vehicle repair!!! No more being placed on hold, no more waiting for a callback cool

We continue to try to improve our services and feel that this will address communication issues and help us be more green by reducing paper waste. More improvements are in the works and will communicate them to you as they come.

We thank you for your loyalty and hope this helps continue to build "customer experiences that result in loyalty".

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 12:29pm On May 13, 2018
When will you get to Ibadan. Where's your website address.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by mayor2013: 12:42pm On May 13, 2018
radautoworks:
If you've never heard of Carquest, google them. They have expanded to Nigeria. They sell original parts that all come with warranties of anywhere from 3 months to 1 year. They also sell all the CORRECT oils for each vehicle. They are located in Lekki right after the second toll gate. There is also a repair shop for an American franchise called Milex and Mr. Transmission. Again, google if you don't know who they are. If you lived in the colder states in the US, you've probably heard of them. They warranty their work with the same warranties Carquest offers. If you are tired of street mechanics F'ing up your car or dealers charging exhorbitant prices for work they didn't do, you should probably check them out.

They will be opening a total of 10 stores across Nigeria and warranties will be good at any of the stores. They will provide for ALL car brands not just american cars. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, etc.

DISCLAIMER: I am on the board of directors for these stores and this is a passion project for me because the state of auto repair in this country is ridiculous. Having returned home, we are merely trying to bring the minimum level of service we are used to from the USA to Nigeria. I hope this post doesn't violate Nairaland rules.

Explain the bolded

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by sholatech(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2018
radautoworks:
Hi,
What parts would you need? We actually don't officially start selling until June. We are still doing initial inventory.
Yes, we will be franchising to qualified candidates. We have taken care of the biggest barrier which is parts distribution.

Current need: 1. Power Steering pump for Lexus Gx 470. Year 2004 & 2. Set of Front & Back Break Pads for Benz E350 2011.

Please provide email/phone contact to request franchise application.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by SpaceAngel: 1:46pm On May 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Explain the bolded

For someone that has lived abroad the state of Auto repair here is nothing to write home about. Almost no training, certification, substandard parts and very few Auto repair equipments. Imagine some people owning what is supposed to be standard Auto repair equipment and they will be feeling on top of the world.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 1:52pm On May 13, 2018
SpaceAngel:

For someone that has lived abroad the state of Auto repair here is nothing to write home about. Almost no training, certification, substandard parts and very few Auto repair equipments. Imagine some people owning what is supposed to be standard Auto repair equipment and they will be feeling on top of the world.
If he comes with that jaundiced view he's gonna have problems.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by SpaceAngel: 1:55pm On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

If he comes with that jaundiced view he's gonna have problems.
Who looses?

6 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 1:58pm On May 13, 2018
SpaceAngel:

Who looses?
He does. Ignorance is bliss bro.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Explain the bolded
Gladly.

When we were considering coming back home three years ago, we paid a one month visit. In that month, i discovered that everyone from my parents to friends and family had cards parked that had not been driven because they could not be repaired. One of my mom's cars was parked for the whole visit for a simple alternator! When they did buy parts, it was a gamble if they were counterfeit. If the part failed, they were on their own and simply had to purchase new parts. There was no warranty or return.
Then they bought name brand tires from a name brand distributor to discover that they were expired tires that had been restamped with new dates!

My father used to take his vehicle to the dealer and kept up with maintenance. Imagine my surprise when I found out they had replaced the wheel sensors on his one year old vehicle to the tune of 240k in parts only! This along with things like spark plugs, etc on a car that still has under 30,000 miles three years later. Imagine my further surprise when we took apart the car and found out that most of the work that supposedly been done on that car was never done!

Then we found out that the dealerships charge for dealer parts and frequently go to Ladipo to source the parts! And even then, still no warranty on the work done. Then we find out that a lot of people with premium cars would actually rather containerize their cars and ship them over to Europe for repair and then have them returned here!

Needless to say, any of this issues would lead to a massive lawsuit elsewhere and we were stunned. We decided that we could at least provide the bare minimum that we were used to having owned a shop in the US for over 15 years and my husband being a Master Tech with 35+ years experience.

Basic test, look under your vehicle and look at your oil or fuel line. Chances are it has been cut and spliced since even a Mercedes dealership did not have the $2 tool required to simply unlock the line and instead splice the lines to drain. We found this out when my husband went to mercedes to purchase the tool to do work on his car and they had no idea what his was talking about. A tech then pulled him to the side and informed him that was standard practice.

Long winded but I hope that answers your question.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by SpaceAngel: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

He does. Ignorance is bliss bro.

We loose on the long run. Truth is bitter. Someone like me is forced to drive cars I don't enjoy driving because some parts and expertise for various cars are not easily accessible.

18 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 2:03pm On May 13, 2018
radautoworks:

Gladly.

When we were considering coming back home three years ago, we paid a one month visit. In that month, i discovered that everyone from my parents to friends and family had cards parked that had not been driven because they could not be repaired. One of my mom's cars was parked for the whole visit for a simple alternator! When they did buy parts, it was a gamble if they were counterfeit. If the part failed, they were on their own and simply had to purchase new parts. There was no warranty or return.
Then they bought name brand tires from a name brand distributor to discover that they were expired tires that had been restamped with new dates!

My father used to take his vehicle to the dealer and kept up with maintenance. Imagine my surprise when I found out they had replaced the wheel sensors on his one year old vehicle to the tune of 240k in parts only! This along with things like spark plugs, etc on a car that still has under 30,000 miles three years later. Imagine my further surprise when we took apart the car and found out that most of the work that supposedly been done on that car was never done!

Then we found out that the dealerships charge for dealer parts and frequently go to Ladipo to source the parts! And even then, still no warranty on the work done. Then we find out that a lot of people with premium cars would actually rather containerize their cars and ship them over to Europe for repair and then have them returned here!

Needless to say, any of this issues would lead to a massive lawsuit elsewhere and we were stunned. We decided that we could at least provide the bare minimum that we were used to having owned a shop in the US for over 15 years and my husband being a Master Tech with 35+ years experience.

Long winded but I hope that answers your question.
Nice research.... But how can we order parts remotely without visiting your place physically?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 2:05pm On May 13, 2018
SpaceAngel:

We loose on the long run. Truth is bitter. Someone like me is forced to drive cars I don't enjoy driving because some parts and expertise for various cars are not easily accessible.
Bro majority of car owners in Nigeria are perfectly ignorant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:07pm On May 13, 2018
sholatech:

Current need: 1. Power Steering pump for Lexus Gx 470. Year 2004 & 2. Set of Front & Back Break Pads for Benz E350 2011.

Please provide email/phone contact to request franchise application.

We will be taking franchise applications in a few months. Requests for follow up can be sent to support@radautoworks.com after July 31st, 2018.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by SpaceAngel: 2:09pm On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

Bro majority of car owners in Nigeria are perfectly ignorant.

That's why we have to encourage someone that will sell OEM parts and if possible setup repair centres. I feel comfortable when likes of our car experts here work on peoples vehicles and I make sure I refer people to them

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:10pm On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:

Nice research.... But how can we order parts remotely without visiting your place physically?

For the first couple of months, orders can be called in but will have to be picked up physically. By January 2019 (hopefully sooner), we intend to expand our options.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by mayor2013: 2:17pm On May 13, 2018
I advice you do not jump into conclusions. This is naija. Understand the field experience here and draw out your conclusions. There are just too many to deal with here. Welcome to Naija wink. You have only one experience with a car on the Naija soil. Wait till you meet others then you can confidently rewrite your conclusions grin

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
mayor2013:
I advice you do not jump into conclusions. This is naija. Understand the field experience here and draw out your conclusions. There are just too many to deal with here. Welcome to Naija wink. You have only one experience with a car on the Naija soil. Wait till you meet others then you can confidently rewrite your conclusions grin

I'm not sure if this was meant for me but it was a lot more than that. No matter which was you cut it, we just don't have the same service here we are used to and there is not reason not to. We are aware this has been tried a couple of times before but hey, no risk no reward lol.
We are Nigeria for crying out loud. We should be running this continent. We are too blessed a country for this. Thanks for the welcome. It has been an interesting adjustment cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by J0hnTrevolt(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2018
mayor2013:
Ur advice doesn't matter here. The input of auto guru's does which I'm here to read up. Not from a kazeem like u undecided

16 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 3:05pm On May 13, 2018
Fixing cars right today requires enormous
1.financial investment;
2. intellectual investment,
3. investment in time,
4. investment in highly skilled labor,
5. investment in tools,
6. investment in education
7. investment in continuing ed.

These investments quickly become obsolete as the march of technology progresses.

The problem is the vast majority of Nigerians do not invest in new vehicles but used vehicles, if the majority can only afford used vehicles, can they afford to pay for the new tech required to fix new vehicles, and for those investing in new vehicles are they willing to stop looking down on techies and realize that the modern day techie is as much as professional as other highly regarded professionals in Nigeria?

Many of our techies need to face the truth...if things are done properly...many of us should not be in business.

Let me give an example...which kazeem knows what to do if an oxygen sensor, or rather air fuel ratio sensor with 5 or 6 wires is faulty?

That diagnosis of oxygen sensors can only be properly done with the use of scan tools and oscilloscopes, and that technology is implemented so differently across models not to talk of across brands and that what applies to one vehicle cannot apply across board? to illustrate that what is rich in Honda is lean in Toyota?

Do many techies agree that each car problem should become a research project involving some time with the FSM, scan tools and maybe even conferring with other techies or even the factory?

Based on the above, I heartily welcome the OP to Nigeria and wish him the best in what is generally acknowledged to be one of the most hostile business environments in Africa for a variety of reasons.

14 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 13, 2018
radautoworks:
If you've never heard of Carquest, google them. They have expanded to Nigeria. They sell original parts that all come with warranties of anywhere from 3 months to 1 year. They also sell all the CORRECT oils for each vehicle. They are located in Lekki right after the second toll gate. There is also a repair shop for an American franchise called Milex and Mr. Transmission. Again, google if you don't know who they are. If you lived in the colder states in the US, you've probably heard of them. They warranty their work with the same warranties Carquest offers. If you are tired of street mechanics F'ing up your car or dealers charging exhorbitant prices for work they didn't do, you should probably check them out.

They will be opening a total of 10 stores across Nigeria and warranties will be good at any of the stores. They will provide for ALL car brands not just american cars. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, etc.

You’re welcome.

Please let me know when you start operation fully.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by captainking(m): 4:38pm On May 13, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by fishing: 7:09pm On May 13, 2018
Op will you be selling batteries.We are tired of purchasing substandard ones from china with an average life span of 1 year.

5 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 8:51pm On May 13, 2018
fishing:
Op will you be selling batteries.We are tired of purchasing substandard ones from china with an average life span of 1 year.

Buy the big internationally recognized names like Trane.

Be willing to spend 45,000 for 500 CCA (approximately 70ah)

5 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Shalomc(f): 8:52pm On May 13, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Buy the big internationally recognized names like Trane.

Be willing to spend 45,000 for 500 CCA (approximately 70ah)
Where?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kashif(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2018
Nice Move OP.

Many cars are parked because owners have given up. Some people are willing to pay, but the expertise is not available. Most parts are fake, down to oils!

I have seen quack mechanics abroad too though.

Will you sell auto transmission parts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kashif(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2018
fishing:

Gazzuzz thought me something on batteries recently..... cheesy
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 13, 2018
fishing:

The good batteries are available. The issue is cost.

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by SalesTobiMotors: 10:26pm On May 13, 2018
If this is true then this is a very interesting development.

One of our prime logistical issue have just been resolved, at least in the short term.

Will you be offering commercial accounts like we enjoy now at the Irwindale, California Store?

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Cosplay: 10:36pm On May 13, 2018
Cautiously optimistic.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Toyota Camry From 2007 Model And Newer At Low Prices / IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / NEED Spare Parts For Your CARs and SUVs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.