Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,345 members, 7,954,401 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man (9651 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henry007(m): 12:35am On May 14, 2018
great67:
More, lalasticlala, seun

The phone alone isn't proof that he bought it from Jumia, he should check his orders and share screenshots from there.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by giftedben: 5:39am On May 14, 2018
kstyle2:
Little help needed here. Recently got a Samsung phone (galaxy grand prime plus) but having challenges with storage. Apps can't be moved to my sd card and the internal memory of the phone is awfully small. Any solution to this please?

If it's on android 6.0 you can use your SD as internal memory, but the SD card must remain in your device. Just follow this link https://fossbytes.com/android-sd-card-internal-storage-adoptable-storage/
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by nenergy(m): 6:20am On May 14, 2018
kstyle2:
Little help needed here. Recently got a Samsung phone (galaxy grand prime plus) but having challenges with storage. Apps can't be moved to my sd card and the internal memory of the phone is awfully small. Any solution to this please?
Samsung are stingy with ram and storage. I personal dissuaded a customer from buying the Grand Prime Plus and getting redmi Note 5A instead. Samsung GPP is android 6.0, apps can't moved to SD card. Root the phone (risky) or sell it and ugrade. Gionee x1s (3gb, 32gb) available at 36k.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by nenergy(m): 6:24am On May 14, 2018
The phone might not be fake, its might simply not meant for the Nigerian market. Might be a Chinese or Asian version but original, hence doesn't qualify for warranty. It is important to verify samsung models you're buying to be sure it has local warranty.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Pearl05(f): 6:41am On May 14, 2018
Jumia are classified coded scams. I once ordered for infinix hot 4 lite phone from them when the people came, I discovered that I can't open SMS nor type one. I returned the phone and after about a week my money was refunded. That made me to trust them.
I ordered for a jacket, which they categorize as overseas goods, I was shocked when goods got to me. cry A proper inferior fake was sent to me. Silk material was used to make the rubbish they sent to me.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henrixx(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2018
That phone isnt a fake Samsung. It may be it's a version not meant for Africa, maybe meant for India turkey etc. Samsung Nigeria will only have warranty for the international versions.

Secondly there has to be more proofs that this phone was gotten from Jumia. There's not enough evidence. Show us the receipt.

Thirdly never order from Jumia through agents. Order by yourself.

Lastly. I be confirm customer on Jumia. I have bought items countless times from shoes to clothes to watches to accessories to phones etc.

I never had any issues with them except once that a shirt and jean didn't size me despite I chose XXL on the website. But it was explained that the XXL on China different to the British one which we use here in naija

So OP bring out the real truth of the matter
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Suntimeray2: 8:06am On May 14, 2018
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Nobody: 11:45am On May 14, 2018
busybrain123:
If we ask them to try shopping on GearBest or any other online dealer outlets, they will be shouting scam, scam as if they have tried them before as they have been trying Jumia all this while. Most of this phones you buy is from a third party dealer on Jumia and some of this dealer are hardened criminal that will look for any slightest mistake to scam you and that's is why Jumia introduce Jumia Express where all products are been tasted, kept on their warehouse. So guys, beware and always order from Jumia Express instead of this third party you see on Jumia website.
Why do jumia allowed a third party to post goods on it website if they are not partners in crime?
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Nobody: 11:53am On May 14, 2018
kstyle2:
If you enable auto update on your phone,it is the reason why your internal memory got full.Auto update takes up internal storage because new apps decreases phone memory.Maybe your internal memory is small.Try disable auto update and"factory reset your device.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 14, 2018
authority2006:

My man, Jumia prices are sometimes higher than the shops' prices. The cheapest infinix hot 5 on Jumia is costlier than the one I bought from a shop.
If i want to buy a phone I first visit Jumia online website before walking to an accredited dealer at computer village.If the price in jumia online states ₦25k,shops at ikeja will sell at ₦15k.Jumia prices are outrageous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 14, 2018
CallMeNerd:
Well I buy stuffs a lot from jumia and they have been good. I bought a blender recently and after the 3rd time, it got spoilt. I sent jumia an email and they replied with the company contact no, so I can take it there. I have a 1 yr warranty on the product. I got to the company and told them I bought it from jumia and showed them the receipt. My blender was repaired for free. They didn't take a dime from me. I don't see anything wrong with jumia.
jumia PR busted!
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by nenergy(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2018
ednut1:
Slot dey every where u no go buy. They prefer online cheap ones. Jumia shud be shut down. The business model is crap , selling fake things mean u cant retain customers
Like slot doesn't have bad raps too. grin Check nairaland to see sob stories

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 14, 2018
comshots:
jumia PR busted!
what's PR dude?
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henry007(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2018
comshots:
If i want to buy a phone I first visit Jumia online website before walking to an accredited dealer at computer village.If the price in jumia online states ₦25k,shops at ikeja will sell at ₦15k.Jumia prices are outrageous.

Flat out lie. Give an example. Let's check it rn.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by bamac(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2018
henrixx:
That phone isnt a fake Samsung. It may be it's a version not meant for Africa, maybe meant for India turkey etc. Samsung Nigeria will only have warranty for the international versions.

Secondly there has to be more proofs that this phone was gotten from Jumia. There's not enough evidence. Show us the receipt.

Thirdly never order from Jumia through agents. Order by yourself.

Lastly. I be confirm customer on Jumia. I have bought items countless times from shoes to clothes to watches to accessories to phones etc.

I never had any issues with them except once that a shirt and jean didn't size me despite I chose XXL on the website. But it was explained that the XXL on China different to the British one which we use here in naija

So OP bring out the real truth of the matter
You made good points but got it wrong where you said they should not order through agent.

I know there are many agents, but few knows what they are doing as they are not concerned only about just making orders but making their customers loyal to them through quality service.

I as one of Jimia sales consultants here have made several orders of not just phones alone on behalf of many nairalanders including on pay on delivery and prepaid method eithout issue; reason is because i seldct items for my customers. Reason i select items for my customer is because there are many bad vendors under Jumia, these bad vendors are the ones giving Jumia the bad name. When Jumia go to their store for quality check they do all they can to display good items to the accessors, this is not just vendor thing, it is what many people do here in Nigeria when they know those at the top are coming for inspection.

If you meet a Jumia sales consultant that knows his/her job you will have no issue with whatever such person orders for you, i even advice many to use agents when dealing with online stores as these people knows the in and out of the online store they represent and can solve issue as fast as possible.

The complainant said he called the delivery agent who told him to take the phone to Samsung store. Mind you, not all Samsung products on Jumia have warranty, that phone might be one of them. Many people don't go deep through the information of whatever they are buying before making orders, an agent who knows what he or she is doing will always go into details.

Jumia sales consultant are trusted Jumia agents set to help people get the best experience of Jumia, and this is why no Jimia agent will charge you for any service they offer you because we are paid by Jumia.

Like i said earlier, i have made several orders for nairalanders, i only had issue with one person in Warri who gave Warri Sapele road as location while i chose sapele warri road as i thought they were same, but the issue would have been resolved if it was prepaid as the item was automatically canceled due to wrong location.

You might have come across many Jumia agents, but trust me, if you come across those sales consultants who really know why they are an agent you will never regret dealing with them. Not that issue will not occur ones in a while but will be resolved, no organization around the world can claim to be perfect completely.

I have neen a Jumia sales consultant for more than 2 years doing B2C and B2B for individuals, organizations, institutions and groups without anyone that i have rendered my service to through Jumia regretting ever dealing with Jumia nor myself.

Please when you want to castigate anything i will advice you reconsider as their are few of Jumia sales consultants you know as Jumia agent who knows what they are doing and who are fullvtime agents. Even if you can do it yourself it doesn't mean others can and who says you cannot even delegate the responsibility of making that orders yourself to an agent since you are not paying anything extra for it?

Remember one thing, if we all venture into the profession of someone else because we can do it and in the name of being smart, you might not have gotten that thing you are doing that is puting food on your table as someone else too can do it without being thought, it is not been smart but selfishness. I think so far it will not cost you elanything extra then you should just feed those it put food on their table.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henrixx(m): 6:15pm On May 14, 2018
bamac:
You made good points but got it wrong where you said they should not order through agent.

I know there are many agents, but few knows what they are doing as they are not concerned only about just making orders but making their customers loyal to them through quality service.

I as one of Jimia sales consultants here have made several orders of not just phones alone on behalf of many nairalanders including on pay on delivery and prepaid method eithout issue; reason is because i seldct items for my customers. Reason i select items for my customer is because there are many bad vendors under Jumia, these bad vendors are the ones giving Jumia the bad name. When Jumia go to their store for quality check they do all they can to display good items to the accessors, this is not just vendor thing, it is what many people do here in Nigeria when they know those at the top are coming for inspection.

If you meet a Jumia sales consultant that knows his/her job you will have no issue with whatever such person orders for you, i even advice many to use agents when dealing with online stores as these people knows the in and out of the online store they represent and can solve issue as fast as possible.

The complainant said he called the delivery agent who told him to take the phone to Samsung store. Mind you, not all Samsung products on Jumia have warranty, that phone might be one of them. Many people don't go deep through the information of whatever they are buying before making orders, an agent who knows what he or she is doing will always go into details.

Jumia sales consultant are trusted Jumia agents set to help people get the best experience of Jumia, and this is why no Jimia agent will charge you for any service they offer you because we are paid by Jumia.

Like i said earlier, i have made several orders for nairalanders, i only had issue with one person in Warri who gave Warri Sapele road as location while i chose sapele warri road as i thought they were same, but the issue would have been resolved if it was prepaid as the item was automatically canceled due to wrong location.

You might have come across many Jumia agents, but trust me, if you come across those sales consultants who really know why they are an agent you will never regret dealing with them. Not that issue will not occur ones in a while but will be resolved, no organization around the world can claim to be perfect completely.

I have neen a Jumia sales consultant for more than 2 years doing B2C and B2B for individuals, organizations, institutions and groups without anyone that i have rendered my service to through Jumia regretting ever dealing with Jumia nor myself.

Please when you want to castigate anything i will advice you reconsider as their are few of Jumia sales consultants you know as Jumia agent who knows what they are doing and who are fullvtime agents. Even if you can do it yourself it doesn't mean others can and who says you cannot even delegate the responsibility of making that orders yourself to an agent since you are not paying anything extra for it?

Remember one thing, if we all venture into the profession of someone else because we can do it and in the name of being smart, you might not have gotten that thing you are doing that is puting food on your table as someone else too can do it without being thought, it is not been smart but selfishness. I think so far it will not cost you elanything extra then you should just feed those it put food on their table.
lol I know you are one but I'm not trying to spoil market

I'm only sceptical that the agent may have played him

My first order on Jumia was through an agent anyway.... Then I learnt how to do it maself
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by harunasuyababa: 6:25pm On May 14, 2018
Lol. You have to return it and get ur money back fam

1 Like

Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by bamac(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2018
henrixx:
lol I know you are one but I'm not trying to spoil market

I'm only sceptical that the agent may have played him

My first order on Jumia was through an agent anyway.... Then I learnt how to do it maself
The complainant didn't make the otder through any agent, the only middle mam mentioned was delivery agent. The way the write up sounds even shows the complainant did not know much about what he ordered and about online purchase. Anyone who sees what ypu also said might get the whole scenario wrong.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henrixx(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2018
bamac:
The complainant didn't make the otder through any agent, the only middle mam mentioned was delivery agent. The way the write up sounds even shows the complainant did not know much about what he ordered and about online purchase. Anyone who sees what ypu also said might get the whole scenario wrong.
ok bro.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by henrixx(m): 7:24pm On May 14, 2018
CallMeNerd:

what's PR dude?
public relation
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by yeman1(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2018
my first power bank that I bought from jumia was my last
.it was a beautiful fake powerbank. 10,000 mha that can't charge my infinix hot phone fully despite d fact that I switched off d phone for fast charging.
I was really angry . I stopped patronizing then and even I won't advice anyone to buy anything from there unless if u know u r buying 50/50
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by conductorl8: 9:40pm On May 14, 2018
I can see Jumia BMCs jumping up and down in this thread. Lalasticlala move this to fp
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by great67: 2:32pm On May 18, 2018
conductorl8:
I can see Jumia BMCs jumping up and down in this thread. Lalasticlala move this to fp
don't worry. I think lalasticlala is compromised on this issue.
Re: Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2018
busybrain123:

Bro not all products you will see on store near you nah, but hey, let me say the truth I have not order anything from Jumia before because of the bad experience my guy had with them. All my products is straight from GearBest and they have not disappointed before. They always deliver within 7-10 days straight to my doorstep.
This must be a big lie, my order has lasted 30 days today, yet no show.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Data Cheat – How To Get Glo 2.4GB For N500 Valid For 21 Days / My Power Bank Fell Inside Water. What Can I Do / Invalid Imei On My Galaxy S4 Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.