Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG (11271 Views)

Bet9ja’s Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group, LASG Responds / N264bn Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - Lagos / Nigeria Exported Goods Worth $463 Million To Argentina In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Temple1288(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2018
flexyrule:
when the governors of other states have sworn to Loot their state treasury dry and their population are here defending them online... How would they progress? Akwa Ibom received approximately 51billion naira in 3 months. Is there no sea port project lying fallow in that state The governor is only good at buying T-shirts and face cap for his people to commission projects Yobe and Gombe states should be commissioning.

The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is a federal government agency that governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. The major ports controlled by the NPA include: the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos; Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne Port. Operations of the NPA are carried out in affiliation with the Ministry of Transport and the Nigerian Shippers' Council. It's not the Job of the States government tho what you said is true in the area of embezzlement of funds.... They only load containers of Crude oil and gas in those seaports in Rivers, Cross River, Delta States..

When I wanted to ship a car to Nigeria, I asked them to go thru Porthacourt (it'd be easier for me) but I found out those seaports don't work.. And the one in Lagos gives lots of privilege to Dangote Aliko.
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Funnystatus(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2018
GavelSlam:

Gerrout.

You were fishing for likes with your childish memes and cynicism.

Every time your likes hear of progress all you do is bad mouth it.

Chop the likes while the real men are chopping forex.
Calm down... The sense you lost will soon come back
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Funnystatus(m): 7:06am On May 15, 2018
chuksanambra:

Of course, you're hardworking.
You are very focused, serious and determined in typing nonsense.

As for the bolded, wake up your elders at home and ask them.
I gat you.. Zombie syndrome is really more potent than AIDS
Keep up with your slavery, you will be paid your peanut
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Jazzlite: 7:06am On May 15, 2018
chuksanambra:

Why don't you leave your mother's kitchen where you're licking moin-moin leaf and go there to see things for yourself?

See wicked comment. Even me sef laff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by chuksanambra: 7:06am On May 15, 2018
Funnystatus:

My friend, stop disgracing yourself here. If you have nothing sensible to contribute, shut up and stop polluting the cybersphere with the your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by GavelSlam: 7:07am On May 15, 2018
Funnystatus:

You are still yapping about.

Anyway, I know some comments have taught you some small sense as difficult as it may be.

1 Like

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by chuksanambra: 7:09am On May 15, 2018
Funnystatus:
I gat you.. Zombie syndrome is really more potent than AIDS
Keep up with your slavery, you will be paid your peanut

Is that all?

1 Like

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Funnystatus(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2018
chuksanambra:

My friend, stop disgracing yourself here. If you have nothing sensible to contribute, shut up and stop polluting the cybersphere with the your ignorance.
and I see what your comments has contributed to the cyberspace
Sorry for the pain inflicted on you by my comment, I didn't know my comment could have turn to three mouthed koboko on u.. And please don't pass the aggression to others especially your family
I wish ya quick recovery. Good day.
I have work to attend to, I can't be jobless like you
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Temple1288(m): 7:35am On May 15, 2018
chuksanambra:

Which strength are they giving to Lagos? Did you use chewing gum to gum your eyelids such that you can't see that the Lekki Deep Seaport is a Lagos State project?

We have the Calabar Port in Cross River State, Delta Port in Delta State, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne Ports both in Rivers State, what have they done with it? What supporting infrastructure has the State Governments put in place to boost activities at these ports?

Apart from Ports, what have the states achieved with the resources at their disposal? Tell these states that you want to commence work on a seaport there and watch the useless youths show up to begin a daily show of extortion.

You people just like to type out of ignorance and blame others for your misfortune.

Whenever I talk, I say things with facts not just ranting.. Go to Porthacourt seaports, Nigeria use those places as exporting seaports for Crude Oil. Go ahead and confirm!!
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by farem: 8:15am On May 15, 2018
Funnystatus:
Please what was exported sef?

I can smell a serious lie.. Wait let me run a test on the nature of the lie

I think your [mental ] status is the problem

1 Like

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2018
Nice one from Lagos State Government, this is the region I've been encouraging potential investors to come and get landed properties before is too late, congratulations to as many that has keyed into the opportunities over there.
You can currently get a plot from: #600,00, #700,00, #1.5m, #2.5m, #4.2m up to #12m.
For enquiries and inspection booking.
My contact is on my signature.
Ibeju-Lekki top real estate investment destination.
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2018
Funnystatus:
Please what was exported sef?

I can smell a serious lie.. Wait let me run a test on the nature of the lie

You've never been to that region and reason for perceiving lies from afar. Another $20m (LONGRISH BIOSCIENCE) plant was lunched on the 8th of this month (May) within that same region.
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
grin make my lands for ibeju dey appreciate dey go. 500k land now worth 2m cheesy

Great, you told me you're buying more sometimes ago. I'm at your service as soon as you're ready.
Accept my congratulations in areas.
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:13am On May 15, 2018
BecomeALandLord:

There you go again sir!!!
Totally 100% on point.
Great mind spotted here!!
who go start am wat are the politicians dsts governors and others doing to drive development to their side.... It's d same southern senators dst ll not talk about restructuring cos d present system suits them
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by dosht(f): 9:40am On May 15, 2018
That place is a modern day slavery. Paying people working from 7am to 5:30 pm as low as 13k monthly. No employment letter,sacking people unjustly.
Let me just stop here for now
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by steve6: 11:54am On May 15, 2018
Ok
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by obailala(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2018
Temple1288:
If they can transfer some of the strength they're giving to Lagos to Rivers State, Cross River State and the rest of other States with seaports, I think the Nigeria economy ll be bigger...
#my thoughts tho
I keep seeing several of these same kind of comments whenever there's any report of any development in Lagos and it's hard to tell these days whether people genuinely do not know that most of these are state government initiatives or if it could just be something else (e.g. politics) driving these comments.

Most of these are state government initiatives and whilst it remains a fact that Lagos has an advantage over others by being a former FCT, something else which hs made Lagos thrive is that it keeps getting visionary leaders. Lagos is like a country within a country whose economy is powered by all Nigerians and due to this dynamism, it becomes difficult for the state to have clueless leaders. The real reason why it has been difficult to have meaningful development outside Lagos is because most of those other areas you talk of (specifically the Niger Delta) keep promoting and worshipping clueless rogues as leaders; for example, a multitude of political and religious leaders, Archbishops, senators, governors etc. all stood at the airport to worship Ibori when he returned from prison. Just imagine if Liyek Imoke continued with the drive and vision of Duke in cross rivers?

2 Likes

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Temple1288(m): 12:13pm On May 15, 2018
obailala:
I keep seeing several of these same kind of comments whenever there's any report of any development in Lagos and it's hard to tell these days whether people genuinely do not know that most of these are state government initiatives or if it could just be something else (e.g. politics) driving these comments.

Most of these are state government initiatives and whilst it remains a fact that Lagos has an advantage over others by being a former FCT, something else which hs made Lagos thrive is that it keeps getting visionary leaders. Lagos is like a country within a country whose economy is powered by all Nigerians and due to this dynamism, it becomes difficult for the state to have clueless leaders. The real reason why it has been difficult to have meaningful development outside Lagos is because most of those other areas you talk of (specifically the Niger Delta) keep promoting clueless rogues as leaders. just imagine if Liyek Imoke continued with the drive and vision of Duke in cross rivers?

Yes they produce rogues, just the same way Lagos does produce rogues. NPA is handled by the Federal Government and not the State... Go to those seaports in Rivers State alone and see that the only thing they do there is export Crude Oil with heavily armed military men guarding the Oil tanks.. What if they make the seaports work, will Ifeanyi Patrick Uba leave Porthacourt and Onee that's close to Nnewi to Lagos seaport? Will Chukwuma Innocent leave Asaba to Lagos seaport?

I'm not hating Lagos after all I've no property there, but is it only the Lagos Seaport that works in Nigeria for importation?
Nigeria Ports Authority leave out those places?

The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is a federal government agency that owns, governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. The major ports controlled by the NPA include: the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos; Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne Port. Operations of the NPA are carried out in affiliation with the Ministry of Transport and the Nigerian Shippers' Council
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2018
Many people have lost golden opportunities by not taking crazy action.

Few decades ago, the entire area of Victoria Island were forest. We were told then, it was a thing of shame to tell people you live in Victoria Island.

The prestigious locations then used to be Surulere and Yaba area. However, some people took the bold, stupid and crazy action to buy land there. We all know what land is worth in Victoria Island today.

Opportunities do repeat itself. You may have missed the Victoria Island of today, but look and target the Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Lekki of tomorrow.

Remember, it is the forest of today that gives birth to the cities of tomorrow.

Get bold to take crazy steps and actions. Let help you get started with our basket of options within our gated and secure estate. Feel free to pick which one work best within your budget.

*1.)* *The Summit Homes Sangotedo.*
*Location* Behind Novare Lekki Mall Shoprite Sangotedo

*Title:* CofO
*Price:* NGN13,000,000
*Size:* 600sqm

*2.)* *East Amber Estate Abijo GRA.*
*Location* Abijo GRA off Lekki Epe Expressway.

*Title:* Gov Consent
*Price:* NGN10,500,000

*3.)* *Urban Base Bogije.*
*Location* Bogije off Lekki Epe Expressway.

*Title:* Gov Consent
*Price:* NGN7,600,000

*4.)* *Beachfront Courts Ibeju Lekki.*
*Location* opposite Eko Tourist Resort & sharing boundary with the Lekki Free Trade Zone Ibeju Lekki.

*Title:* Excision
*Price:* NGN4,200,000

*5.)* *Lakewood Manor.*
*Location* 2 mins drive from Dangote Refinery along The LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Title:* CofO
*Price:* NGN6,000,000

*6.)* *Hopewell Park Estate.*
*Location* 10 mins drive from Dangote Refinery along The LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Title:* Excision
*Price:* NGN2,000,000

*7.)* *Bricks Courts 2.*
*Location* 2 mins drive from La Campagne Tropicana resort off the LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Title:* Excision in process
*Price:* NGN700,000
*Promo Offer* *Buy 5 PLOTS Get 1 PLOT FREE*

*8.)* *Peninsula Homes 2.*
*Location* 2 mins drive from La Campagne Tropicana resort off the LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Price:* NGN600,000
*Promo Offer* *Buy 6 PLOTS Get 1 PLOT FREE*

*9.)* *Star City Garden 2.*
*Location* 6 mins drive from La Campagne Tropicana resort off the LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Price:* NGN550,000

*10.)* *Greenfield Courts 2.*
*Location* 7 mins drive from La Campagne Tropicana resort off the LFTZ Road Ibeju Lekki.

*Price:* NGN500,000

We guarantee you maximum returns on your investments within the shortest period of time.

For site visit and Payment details contact: 08062342001
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by obailala(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2018
Temple1288:

Yes they produce rogues, just the same way Lagos does produce rogues. NPA is handled by the Federal Government and not the State... Go to those seaports in Rivers State alone and see that the only thing they do there is export Crude Oil with heavily armed military men guarding the Oil tanks.. What if they make the seaports work, will Ifeanyi Patrick Uba leave Porthacourt and Onee that's close to Nnewi to Lagos seaport? Will Chukwuma Innocent leave Asaba to Lagos seaport?

I'm not hating Lagos after all I've no property there, but is it only the Lagos Seaport that works in Nigeria for importation?
Nigeria Ports Authority leave out those places?

The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is a federal government agency that owns, governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. The major ports controlled by the NPA include: the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos; Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne Port. Operations of the NPA are carried out in affiliation with the Ministry of Transport and the Nigerian Shippers' Council
"What if they make the seaports work?"

The first question that should be asked really is, what is stopping the seaports from being viable... It's strange that no one asks these type of questions but we just jump into political conclusions.

Do a little research and find out for yourself the real reason why businessmen like Ifeanyi Uba who would originally have used any seaport in the 80s/early 90s, began to ditch seaports in the Niger Delta in favour of the ones in Lagos. Contrary to the political story/conspiracy theories you've been fed with in recent times, the problem did not start with any government passing any order to importers to use only Lagos ports; insecurity was/is the principal reason the Niger Delta seaports became unattractive to importers, and the low patronage of those seaports is what is killing them. Up till date, that insecurity is still on the increase in the region and people who are ignorant of what's going on still cook all sorts of excuses to defend the madness.

Insecurity forced shipping and insurance companies to charge higher fees and premiums for those opting to have their goods delivered to the Niger Delta seaports. Consequently, importers chose to rather pay cheaper shipping costs to Lagos (with peace of mind) and then transported their goods to wherever they needed via road. The reason only the richer oil corporations are the ones using the Niger delta seaports is because that are the only ones who can afford the army of security which you mentioned above. I hear there's nothing stopping individual businessmen from using those ports down south, but they simply cost more so everyone still looks to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by Temple1288(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2018
obailala:
"What if they make the seaports work?"

The first question that should be asked really is, what is stopping the seaports from being viable... It's strange that no one asks these type of questions but we just jump into political conclusions.

Do a little research and find out for yourself the real reason why businessmen like Ifeanyi Uba who would originally have used any seaport in the 80s/early 90s, began to ditch seaports in the Niger Delta in favour of the ones in Lagos. Contrary to the political story/conspiracy theories you've been fed with in recent times, the problem did not start with any government passing any order to importers to use only Lagos ports; insecurity was/is the principal reason the Niger Delta seaports became unattractive to importers, and the low patronage of those seaports is what is killing them. Up till date, that insecurity is still on the increase in the region and people who are ignorant of what's going on still cook all sorts of excuses to defend the madness.

Insecurity forced shipping and insurance companies to charge higher fees and premiums for those opting to have their goods delivered to the Niger Delta seaports. Consequently, importers chose to rather pay cheaper shipping costs to Lagos (with peace of mind) and then transported their goods to wherever they needed via road. The reason only the richer oil corporations are the ones using the Niger delta seaports is because that are the only ones who can afford the army of security which you mentioned above. I hear there's nothing stopping individual businessmen from using those ports down south, but they simply cost more so everyone still looks to Lagos.

Mark my words and it'll be OK.

I said NPA owns and manage this ports but they left it for just transportation of Oil..

With regards to what you said concerning the seaports in Lagos and people ditching the ones in other parts. My grandfather together with used Porthacourt seaport to export and import goods but the issue of concentrating on Lagos is just from the Federal Government.. If they can transport Crude Oil with heavy Security presence, they should do so towards others that are not Oil.
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by googi: 3:45pm On May 15, 2018
So what is wrong with asking what finished products were exported?

Sensible questions can not be asked anymore without using ethnic jargons as answers.

The place was named tax free zone. Is that for foreigners or Nigerian exporters or both. If that is the case, the locals are losing the main reason for it's Establishment.

People, especially Africans must stop looking at our economy or translating from foreigners perspective. This is 2018 for God's sake!
Re: N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG by obailala(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2018
Temple1288:

Mark my words and it'll be OK.

I said NPA owns and manage this ports but they left it for just transportation of Oil..

With regards to what you said concerning the seaports in Lagos and people ditching the ones in other parts. My grandfather together with used Porthacourt seaport to export and import goods but the issue of concentrating on Lagos is just from the Federal Government.. If they can transport Crude Oil with heavy Security presence, they should do so towards others that are not Oil.
The needless insecurity in the region is what's killing and chasing businesses. But somehow, Nigerians have a way of always blaming everything on the FG, even potholes on a trunk-C road would be blamed on FG.

I give an example, the common Shoprite which has successfully opened retail outlets across Nigeria decided to launch a branch in Warri. Of course they would have had to settle jobless (or rather, unwilling to work) miscreant masquerading as youths in the area before being 'allowed' to start business. That notwithstanding, within 6 months, another set of youthsmiscreants invaded the complex, vandalized the place and looted valuables. I can assure you that has never been heard in any other part of Nigeria, but then again, there are many people who see nothing wrong and still find a way to vehemently defend such bizarre acts.

And then let's take a look at River state, with a focus on the security situation since 2015. The number of people who died or were injured in election related violence in Rivers state alone is over ten times the national figure from the rest 35 states put together. That same River state which has the highest number of heavily armed cultists has still not stopped experiencing same pockets of violence daily since 2015 till date. Now tell me which businessman would really want to invest in such a location?... If you are a businessman, would you take your business to Maiduguri?

Then this again brings me to the East-West road; a 100km section was handed over to Nigeria's favourite construction giant, Julius Berger. But after spending hundreds of millions monthly on just security of their staff alone and still having different sets of youths/miscreants/militants etc coming on the regular basis to disturb work, Julius Berger had to eventually pull out of that project after some of their foreign staff were shot and killed amidst the security crisis.

Bro, this is really common sense, next time you wonder why businesses, both foreign and local, oil and non-oil, government and private are running away from the ND areas to Lagos despite the massive congestion in Lagos, you need to look no further. Businesses would rather spend time in traffic and get to their destination peacefully than risk losing their resources, both human and physical, to senseless unchecked miscreants.

And lest I forget, you keep saying "they left it for only transportation of oil" but I thought I corrected you on that earlier?... The only reason why those ports are used only by oil companies is because only oil companies have the financial chest to provide for their personnel security and settle the settle-ables in these creek locations; and the oil companies again even do that because they mostly don't even have a choice, they ship in some massive equipment which cant be ferried through roads. Remember again, it is not easy to secure inland seaports like the PH and Warri ports; shippers have to navigate through 30-50km of meandering insecure mangrove swamps from the high sea before getting to the ports. Lagos ports on the other hand open directly to the sea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Assures Nigerians, Investors of Exchange Rate Stability / How To Make Decent Income Buying And Selling Goats In Nigeria / Nigerians Hoarding 94 Percent Cash, Says CBN Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.