Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin (22944 Views)

Ebony Life TV CEO, Mo Abudu Celebrates Her 55th Birthday / OluTimehin Adegbeye: "Pretty Mike Raped Me At 16, Andre Blaze Assaulted Me" / #bbnaija: Kudos To 'andre Blaze', The Voice Behind Big Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by ViaGist: 6:31am On May 15, 2018
GistMore.com

Ebony Life TV has issued a statement addressing the sexual assault allegations leveled against one of its staff, Andre Blaze Henshaw.

Andre Blaze, who is one of the hosts of Men's Corner on Ebony Life TV, was accused of sexual assault by a woman named Olutimehin Adegbeye. Olutimehin took to social media to allege that Pretty Mike raped her in Lagos when she was only 16 years old. Then, two years ago, Andre Blaze sexually assaulted her.

Olutimehin wrote:

Andre Blaze Henshaw sexually assaulted me two years ago. The BBC (unwittingly) interviewed both of us for a recent program about (toxic/evolving) masculinity and its impacts. I informed the BBC about the assault and asked them to delete/edit that program. They refused.

The BBC has assured me that they are very sorry about the distress they unwittingly caused, and also that they will not be doing anything to mitigate it. Andre Blaze Henshaw, as far as I know, continues to deny that he assaulted me despite there being witnesses of the assault.

It is hypocritical and callous to expect survivors of sexual violence to navigate their trauma AND do the work to eliminate sexual violence alone and unsupported. As long as powerful people & institutions do nothing in the face of allegations, abuse will continue with impunity.

I am disappointed but not surprised by the BBC’s actions, in much the same way that I expect to be disappointed but not surprised by the responses I will receive to my words. But I am not afraid. I am not alone. And I am certainly not powerless. #MeToo indeed.

https://www.nairaland.com/4489320/olutimehin-adegbeye-pretty-mike-raped

After the allegations came to light, Andre Blaze, who was widely speculated to be the voice of Big Brother in the just concluded Big Brother Naija reality TV show, took to his Twitter and Instagram accounts to deny the allegations.

Andre Blaze tweeted:

"I'm issuing a brief statement in light of the allegations made against my person. The things being said about me, those that know me can attest are not the actions of the person they know as a friend, son, brother and father."

Another tweet from him reads:

"I will address the matter in full using the appropriate channels. I would like to sincerely thank those who support and believe in me."

Ebony Life TV has now addressed the allegations. In a statement released today, Monday, May 14, 2018, Ebony Life CEO Mo Abudu says she is concerned about the allegations and is determined to find out the truth. The statement adds that an investigation is being carried out to determine "whether there is any merit to these claims". A statement will be released after the investigation is concluded.

Allegations against Andre Blaze

Lagos, May 14 – EbonyLife TV has been made aware in the last few days of allegations against Andre Blaze Henshaw, one of the hosts of its programme, Men’s Corner. Mr. Henshaw has refuted the allegations on social media.

Mo Abudu, CEO of EbonyLife TV, stated, “I am very concerned about these allegations and I am determined to find out the truth. Naturally, we do not condone sexual assault against or unwanted advances towards women, therefore we are investigating whether there is any merit to these claims. We will issue a further statement as soon as we have more information.”

BY GISTMORE https://www.gistmore.com/ebony-life-tv-responds-host-andre-blaze-accused-sexual-assault

1 Share

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by ViaGist: 6:31am On May 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by goldbim(f): 11:33am On May 15, 2018
Sexual assault stories everywhere in the world. What's going on??it is well !!

4 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 15, 2018
Who is this one? undecided
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by NwaAmaikpe: 12:21pm On May 15, 2018
shocked

Women are perpetually confused.
A woman who visits you will call you either gay or a "jewman" because you didn't make an attempt on her.

That same woman will still call you a rapist if you make an attempt on her.

How then can a man please a woman?

I've said it before, I'd say it again,
Men and women are like oil and water; they don't mix.
So only carry yourself to a man's house, if you know you have nothing to lose.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Landforce1: 12:24pm On May 15, 2018
In as much as I don't want to believe this, I have an inner voice telling me the guy may be guilty as accused undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Pavore9: 12:24pm On May 15, 2018
Should it be ascertained that he did that, he is losing his name and the shame associated with such despicable act.

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by ShenTeh(m): 12:25pm On May 15, 2018
This a very reasonable decision.
BTW why rape when there are too many willing adults. Worst case, self-service.
ps Not saying Blaze did it. just thinking aloud.
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by EmmyDJourno: 12:27pm On May 15, 2018
The only problem I have is that cases like this never reach a logical conclusion

They would disappear in the same way they appear

And the man would forever have the stigma of a rapist an the woman the stigma of Celebrity smearer

Ikegwuru n'obodo anyi Nigeria embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 15, 2018
H
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by ziggyzee: 12:28pm On May 15, 2018
Raped @ 16, then on 16th May 2016.
Mark of the what?... Am I seeing "6" three times or is it "16" three times?
Sexual assault is doper than codeine nowadays

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Ramos16(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2018
Against women
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by miceroms: 12:28pm On May 15, 2018
ViaGist:
GistMore.com

Ebony Life TV has issued a statement addressing the sexual assault allegations leveled against one of its staff, Andre Blaze Henshaw.

Andre Blaze, who is one of the hosts of Men's Corner on Ebony Life TV, was accused of sexual assault by a woman named Olutimehin Adegbeye. Olutimehin took to social media to allege that Pretty Mike raped her in Lagos when she was only 16 years old. Then, two years ago, Andre Blaze sexually assaulted her.

Olutimehin wrote:

https://www.nairaland.com/4489320/olutimehin-adegbeye-pretty-mike-raped

After the allegations came to light, Andre Blaze, who was widely speculated to be the voice of Big Brother in the just concluded Big Brother Naija reality TV show, took to his Twitter and Instagram accounts to deny the allegations.

Andre Blaze tweeted:

Another tweet from him reads:

Ebony Life TV has now addressed the allegations. In a statement released today, Monday, May 14, 2018, Ebony Life CEO Mo Abudu says she is concerned about the allegations and is determined to find out the truth. The statement adds that an investigation is being carried out to determine "whether there is any merit to these claims". A statement will be released after the investigation is concluded.

Allegations against Andre Blaze

Lagos, May 14 – EbonyLife TV has been made aware in the last few days of allegations against Andre Blaze Henshaw, one of the hosts of its programme, Men’s Corner. Mr. Henshaw has refuted the allegations on social media.

Mo Abudu, CEO of EbonyLife TV, stated, “I am very concerned about these allegations and I am determined to find out the truth. Naturally, we do not condone sexual assault against or unwanted advances towards women, therefore we are investigating whether there is any merit to these claims. We will issue a further statement as soon as we have more information.”

BY GISTMORE https://www.gistmore.com/ebony-life-tv-responds-host-andre-blaze-accused-sexual-assault

It’s commendable for Ebony tv to investigate. Secondly the guy’s response is shallow. Nobody can 100% vouch for any other adult human. The things that humans do when nobody is around, even their eyes would be shocked when it is revealed. The heart of man is truly wicked, no man can know it except the Almighty.

12 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by maryjan8(f): 12:32pm On May 15, 2018
God help us

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by olowobaba10: 12:34pm On May 15, 2018
THEIR PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 15, 2018
80% of rape allegations in Nigeria are fake and blackmail.

since the lady claims there's /there are witness(es) why hasn't she sued him??

Nigeria needs a false rape accusation law now!!

upcoming lawyer @AmazonTopaz what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 15, 2018
Landforce1:
In as much as I don't want to believe this, I have an inner voice telling me the guy may be guilty as accused undecided undecided

yes that's what we'll say when a lady falsely accuse you of rape or sexual harassment.

5 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 15, 2018
THE BBN VOICE GUY IS A RAPIST shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by RandyLewis(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2018
Terminator1234g:
It saddens me to see people mainly who are IPOB supporters, some igbos and some Christians say terrible and sickening things about Palestine. IPOB and IGBOS claimed to be marginalized and are treated badly and yet they still come to social media to lambast the people of Palestine. Truth be told their issues is very more alike and the same things they claim they are a victim of by the NIGERIAN governmant is the same thing the Palestinians face with Israeli government.
Furthermore I saw threads yesterday about the killings of protesters and I saw a lot of sad a hateful comments coming from the people I listed above.
If there's indeed Justice in this world the Israeli government will be charged and prosecuted by the ICJ.
Some airheads support Israel because they feel they are more similar to them that the Palestinian Muslims, is that life?
The only way the world can take IPOB and IGBOS who claim to be a victim of the Nigerian government is when they themselves stand up to what's just and what's what!

What is life?
What is this world?
How long will we be here?
What's next?
What's what?
Who is a Muslim?
Who is a Christian?
Who is igbo?
Who is Yoruba?
Who is Hausa/Fulani?
At end of the day we only find out we are humans and what make us truly humans is something called human feelings for one another.
Have a nice day!

Your mother is a prostitute ur father is a bastard all of u in ur family are bastards u dey mad which IGBOS support killing of Palestine guy talk well ooh wetin be that
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by LifestyleTonite: 12:44pm On May 15, 2018
Terminator1234g:
It saddens me to see people mainly who are IPOB supporters, some igbos and some Christians say terrible and sickening things about Palestine. IPOB and IGBOS claimed to be marginalized and are treated badly and yet they still come to social media to lambast the people of Palestine. Truth be told their issues is very more alike and the same things they claim they are a victim of by the NIGERIAN governmant is the same thing the Palestinians face with Israeli government.
Furthermore I saw threads yesterday about the killings of protesters and I saw a lot of sad a hateful comments coming from the people I listed above.
If there's indeed Justice in this world the Israeli government will be charged and prosecuted by the ICJ.
Some airheads support Israel because they feel they are more similar to them that the Palestinian Muslims, is that life?
The only way the world can take IPOB and IGBOS who claim to be a victim of the Nigerian government is when they themselves stand up to what's just and what's what!

What is life?
What is this world?
What's next?
What's what?
Who is a Muslim?
Who is a Christian?
Who is igbo?
Who is Yoruba?
Who is Hausa/Fulani?
At end of the day we only find out we are humans and what make us truly humans is something called human feelings for one another.
Have a nice day!

So, it's now you know that we are all humans. But when your Muslim brothers are killing Christians, you kepp quiet and celebrate it in your rooms. Now you want us all to support terrorists in Palestine who are trying to steal what doesn't belong to them.

6 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by ajl: 12:49pm On May 15, 2018
Terminator1234g:

What is life?
What is this world?
What's next?
What's what?
Who is a Muslim?
Who is a Christian?
Who is igbo?
Who is Yoruba?
Who is Hausa/Fulani?
Have a nice day!

Good points. Thought the same. God has made a point of what will become of people who are hypocrites. Funny part is the people they are supporting are simply living a lie. It is said that "they left Black and came back to the holy land as White". Meanwhile the true Hebrews are scattered all over the world, most especially Africa. Search the internet for the story of the Lemba people in southern Africa. In fact their ancient priestly Cohen DNA is more than most that reside in present day Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by MrBONE2(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2018
grin
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Terminator1234g: 12:55pm On May 15, 2018
LifestyleTonite:
So, it's now you know that we are all humans. But when your Muslim brothers are killing Christians, you kepp quiet and celebrate it in your rooms. Now you want us all to support terrorists in Palestine who are trying to steal what doesn't belong to them.

"Muslim brothers" Una no dey learn sha
Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by Terminator1234g: 12:58pm On May 15, 2018
RandyLewis:
Your mother is a prostitute ur father is a bastard all of u in ur family are bastards u dey mad which IGBOS support killing of Palestine guy talk well ooh wetin be that

I no blame you. Na the person way let you komot your cage Bleep up...

Re: Ebony Life TV Responds To Andre Blaze's Sexual Assault Accusation By Olutimehin by tishbite41(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2018
Terminator1234g:

What is life?
What is this world?
What's next?
What's what?
Who is a Muslim?
Who is a Christian?
Who is igbo?
Who is Yoruba?
Who is Hausa/Fulani?
Have a nice day!

shut up, hypocrite!!! ur buhari sent a delegation to d embassy yesterday, attack him not Igbos. wen buhari was killing ipob youths , wat was ur take on it?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Julius Agwu With Chimamanda Adichie At A Cocktail Party In Lagos / Irene Onwuka Shares Food In Villages For Ending Street Hunger Campaign / Samuel Obulu Is Dead! Miss FCT Organizer Dies Of Kidney Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.