Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Radio Waves Killer. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Radio Waves Killer. (359 Views)

Waves(a Touching Story) / The Radio Waves Killer. / The Radio Waves Killer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Radio Waves Killer. by Evaysays(f): 8:59am On May 15, 2018
Chapter One.

The studio was low lighted and time read 11:00pm.
Evay, donned in loose fitting slacks and a big black hoodie sat with her legs propped on the table twirling with a ball point pen in her hands as she began handling the airways. Her soft almost bedroom like voice was what made her win anchoring this segment of the show.
She was level-headed, as was what one of the interviewers had called her.
"Good evening lagos my name is Evay and you're welcome to Night waves on your Number One talk show on matters of the heart and on your heart all on your favorite station 97.5 Vavy fm.
So hit me up and lets talk,lets talk about your day, what's bothering you, lets talk about everything and nothing. Today's the song request show and the numbers to call are; 07065870975 or 08148694975.
I'd like kick off todays show with a little something from Labrinth titled Jealous, enjoy.
(Soft music filters through the airways)

Evay: Hello, what's your name and where are you calling from?
Caller: Good evening Evay. My name is Kevin and I'm calling from Ikeja.
Evay: Good evening Kevin how was your day?
Kevin: My day....my day was perfect.
Evay: Oh really that's great. So what made it perfect cause some of us are looking for a bit o perfection?
Kevin: It's my wife o, she decided to cook my favorite meal.
Evay: (Taken are you?) And what meal was that?
Kevin: Pounded yam and Egusi. I'd like you to play me shape of you by Ed Sheeran.
(Dear me...Evay thought to herself as her tongue began to salivate, she was on the slimmer side and contrary to what people thought she loved eating....alot.)
Evay:That really nice, Kevin. I sure will
(call ends)
Evay: Hello what's your name and where are you calling from?
2nd caller: I can't believe this. She picked, she finally picked my call.
Evay: (chuckles) Yes I did.
2nd caller: My name's Dipo, calling from Akoka.
Evay: Good evening Dipo, how was your day?
Dipo: My day was stressful, work was hectic and my only free day is Saturday and sunday. I really love listening to this show, especially your voice it lulls me to bed easy.
Evay: Awwn pele dear. Maybe you should try to get a massage appointment one of these days.
Dipo: I think I'll do just that so I'd like you to play me something from Tjan to you.
Evay: Thank you Dipo it's been a while someone has dedicated any song to me.
Dipo: Happy to make a beautiful woman happy. Goodnight Evay.
Evay: Goodnight Dipo thanks for calling.
(call ends)
Let's take this last call before we go down to twitter.
3rd caller: Hello Evay.
Evay: Hello to you too.
3rd caller: Bola calling from Akute.
Evay: Hey Bola been a while since you last called
Bola: I know right, how have you been Evay?
Evay: Good good, you?
Bola: I'm not fine o.
Evay: What happened?
Bola: No light since morning and now that they've brought it the tv is refusing to turn on. I'm going to miss BBNaija.
Evay: A die hard BBNaija fan. Welcome welcome, so what's your take on the house mates?
Bola: I like Efe, he's so cute. I so so don't like that Gifty.
Evay: (chuckles) Why, what has she done to you?
Bola: She just has this two faced character I don't like.
Evay: Oh...well (I'm not about to indulge a full blown war tonight on my twitter feed) so what would you like me to play for you?
Bola: Let me see....Keith Urban, Blue ain't your colour.
Evay: Okay ma Bola, big fan of BBNaija I would, have a great night.
Bole: You too Evay.
"So down to twitter we have Daddyslittegirl asking for Bambi by Jidenna
Kvngpaula; I bruise easily by Natasha Beddington.
Norex: Beautiful by Mylie Music.
Tintin asking for Castle by Ed Sheeran.

I got an email today I'd like to share after the song break. And I'd really love to hear from you all, what your take is on the matter.

(Whilst the requested songs are playing. Evay twirls in her spinning chair as she chats with the Dj in the house while chomping on a snicker bar in one hand and sipping from a big bottle filled with an orange colored liquid in the other hand.)

So dear listeners that are still awake it's time for the Heart to Heart segment and I remember saying before the song break about how I got an email recently from a man who complained about his partner here goes;
An unmarried couple have been living together for the past two years blessed with a child. The man complained his partner had been acting out without speaking and sending bad vibes his way. He got home one day and discovered yet again, his partner was not at home bringing to light this had occurred before. Further search caused him to find her in her parents house again.
The man was so confused he asked them, her father specifically as to why they readily accepted their daughter back home. The question was met with a pointed look.
And the man in question said he offered to marry their daughter only on the count she changes her haughty behaviour.
The man said he works away from home 6 days a week to the exception of sundays when he comes home to his family. The man has complained that her whole character changed towards him after she gave birth to their first child who at that time further revelation from the man said the wife told him she did not want to have a child at that moment and she tried every possible thing to flush out the baby.
The man is so confused and does not know what to do again. He's really fed up of not meeting his wife at home and her aloofness towards him and even when he tries to talk to her she just shuts him out.
So Lagosians, Nigerians what is your take on the matter?

4th caller: Good evening Evay it's Dupe calling from Ipaja.
Evay: Good evening to you Dupe so what do you think?
Dupe: Honestly all this talk sounds one sided to me. If the man can try to call in and lets hear from both sides I'll have a better judgement and besides the man admitted to leaving his unmarried fiancee for Six days out of Seven in a rented apartment with their child expecting her that when he comes home she performs her wifely duties to the T.
I don't blame her parents for accepting her back home without a problem. He said he has the intention of marrying her but it's been two years and you can't expect her to continue being his baby mama.
Evay: Well that's a good point you drive Dupe. I really hope the man is listening and can try to call in.
Dupe: You're wel(call abruptly ends)
Evay: Oh we lost her. Okay someone else is calling. Hello what's your name and where are you calling from?
5th caller: Hello my nam(call ends)
Evay: Okay please try to call back. Hello what's your name and where are you calling from?
6th caller: H (call ends again)
Evay: Seems like its a network thingy lets try one more caller and go on a short commercial break.
7th caller: Evay Evay....Do you know what you do to me? (the hair on Evay's arms begin to rise as the distinct male voice filters in). With your little chuckles and body movements anytime you are live on facebook I know you're waiting for me. I am for you too. And when I do get you I'm going to have my sweet time with you before I peel your skin right from your body and watch you rise like a phoenix in a new flesh to live with me forever.
(that was it, someone's pulling a prank on me)
Evay:I must commend you on the prank you just pulled. You actually got me in the beginning.
Really you should go into writing specifically horror novels.
7thcaller: (chuckles darkly) Till we meet Evay, he drawled out.
(At that moment even if I tried to douse my fears physically I knew it was no prank. It was real. I was being watched and I'd been singled out.)
Evay: So hotshot what's your name and where are you calling from?
7th Caller abruptly ends the call. And the dial tone is heard audibly.
Listeners at home and beyond I think that's a sinister way to end the show tonight Goodbye.

Whilst writing this part the OAP(On Air Personality) I had in mind was Joyce on 96.9 cool fm.
Drop your comments about the little one sided story I put in it and the opening chapter itself.
#Evaysays

Re: The Radio Waves Killer. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 15, 2018
Why repeat this post again ?
Re: The Radio Waves Killer. by QueTeddy: 9:59am On May 15, 2018
wink nice one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Story Of All Time / Love In A Time Of Secession / Drop Your Instagram Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.