Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,286 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

My Daughter Raps Better Than MI Abaga – Jesse Jagz - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Daughter Raps Better Than MI Abaga – Jesse Jagz (774 Views)

M.I Vs Vector: Jesse Jagz Tweets For The First Time In Months / Young Lady Who Raps Like Phyno And Zoro, Don Jazzy Reacts / Jesse Jagz: I Don’t Listen To Other People’s Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Daughter Raps Better Than MI Abaga – Jesse Jagz by Otunbalarry: 3:16pm On May 15, 2018
NEWS DIGEST – Jesse Garba Abaga popularly known as Jesse Jagz is a singer, songwriter and producer who has been active in the Nigerian music industry for over a decade. The 33 year old rapper who grew up in Jos, Plateau state has been described as Nigeria ’s Kanye West because of his flirtatious experimentation with different genres of music from R&B to roots, reggae to pop all built on a predominantly hip hop foundation. In an interview with The News Digest’s Dapo Okri, Jesse Jagz spoke on issues regarding his music, life and family. Read excerpts below:
News Digest: How have you impacted youths with your music?
Jesse Jagz: well I have been able to encourage the youth to keep building. Just to keep dping what you believe in. Grooming your brand, you know. How you can come from nothing to something. I have been able to do all these with my music.
News digest: what plans do you have on growing bigger in the industry?
Jesse Jagz: I am already big.
News Digest: (cuts in) But there is never a limit.
Jesse Jagz: okay. Well am working on an album presently. I have been in the studio all day.
News Digest: what is the title of the album?
Jesse Jagz: J-Town Legacy. You know, all about J-Town
News Digest: What artistes would you have on the album?
Jesse Jagz: Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Harry Song, MI Abaga, Ice prince…
News Digest: When should we expect the release?
Jesse Jagz: Two months
News Digest: Where are you based full time?
Jesse Jagz: Jos full time. This is my home. This is where i grew up. J-town in home. I have a daughter who schools here.
News Digest: What class is she?
Jesse Jagz: she is in JSS3. Oh! I forgot to tell you she raps also. She is on my album. Infact she is the first name on my album.
News Digest: surprising!
Jesse Jagz: I am serious. She raps well. She raps better than MI. News Digest: Tell us more about this?
Jesse Jagz: Yes, she raps better than MI. You can ask him. (Laughs)
News Digest: So what are the challenges you have faced in the industry?
Jesse Jagz: I would say no proper structure. Everything is scattered you know. Also the difficulty in getting songs on radio. I would just say the challenges are the “collective f*ck up” of everyone in the industry.
News Digest: What other rappers do you respect in the industry?
Jesse Jagz: I would give you a list of my top five rappers. 1) Jesse Jagz 2) My brother MI Abaga 3) Ice Prince Zamani 4) Mode nine 5) ruggedman
News Digest: What are your thoughts on the way rappers switched from music oriented to commercialized rap in Nigeria
Jesse Jagz: Mention names now. At least give me one name.
News Digest: Okay, Olamide.
Jesse Jagz: Well, I will just say it is their time. Olamide is enjoying his time you know.
News Digest: What are your thoughts on shows?
Jesse Jagz: So many shows. But i don’t really do shows. I do my thing my way.
News Digest: Thanks for your time
Jesse Jagz: You are welcome
Share your views in the comments section below.

https://newsdigest.ng/entertainment/2018/05/15/mi-abaga-jesse-jagz/
Re: My Daughter Raps Better Than MI Abaga – Jesse Jagz by Elnino4ladies: 3:30pm On May 15, 2018
Jesse jagz is on weed again SMH

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious!! President’s Son Steals Phone And Exchanges It For Drugs / Timaya Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday In Beautiful Pictures / This Is Nigeria: Ric Hassani's Hilarious Reaction Over Falz & MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.