Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision (2101 Views)

Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It / Coronavirus: Italy Worst Hit In Europe As New Cases Emerge / Man Brings His Generator For Child’s Treatment At UCTH - photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision by Deebabsalabi(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2018
The Europe Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday reported that the circumcision n procedure is not common in many hospitals ; therefore , parents patronise clinics, with cost ranging between €467. 85 ( N 200, 000) and €1, 169. 62 ( N 500, 000) .
This varies from country to country, however.yes
Speaking on the issue , Uche Erebuna , a member of the Nigerian In Diaspora Organisation, Switzerland, said that the cost of circumcision depended on the weight of the child.
“ Baby circumcision is not a common practice here ; so , immigrants who have this culture have to look for clinics where doctors can perform it.
“ I have twin boys and they were circumcised at the age of one. I paid €1, 637. 15 ( about N 700, 000) for both of them .
“ This is considered cheap, as it could have been about a million Naira, ” Erebuna said .
Similarly , Gloria Edema, a housewife with two male children aged four and two said that her kids were circumcised at two months old respectively .
“ On both occasions, I paid 500 Swiss franc ( N 170, 000) per child to a clinic in Zurich.
“ I can not start traveling to Nigeria for this purpose , it will cost me more. ”
Some others who spoke to NAN from Italy , France and Germany also expressed the same concern .
They opined that the high cost was due to the specialty of the process , which is a regular practice among immigrants.
NAN gathered that in the UK, the cost for such procedure is a lot cheaper , given the big immigrant and Jewish communities – with affordable and easy access to medical practitioners .

Read More here

https://lailasnews.com/nigerians-in-europe-pay-half-a-million-naira-for-child-circumcision/

(1) (Reply)

Man With Half A Head! / Cucumber Benefits For Men: Importance Of Cucumber Sexually / I Can't Wait To Reach Menopause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.