Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) (833 Views)

Salient Innovations In The New Companies And Allied Matters Act, 2020 / What Did The New 2018 CAMA (corporate And Allied Matters Act) Bill Lack? / 7 Benefits Of The Senate's New Companies And Allied Matters Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by Tracypacy(f): 5:06pm On May 15, 2018
You can - Open Up companies by yourself(unlike before that you needed two or more people)

You don't need AGMs and Company secretaries(unnecessary regulations removed).

Minimum share capital for Companies and start ups reduced. It creates a limited liability partnership which is a new form of legal identity for Nigerian businesses. Allows for the registration of companies from anywhere via the e-registration system

With CAMA, you need only you to open and run a company. This is good for start-ups and young entrepreneurs. #CAMA

everytime argument, sometimes learn something that is created to make life easier for us.
With CAMA, you need only you to open and run a company.
This is good for start-ups and young entrepreneurs. #CAMA

- CAMA promotes the use of technology in the registration of businesses.
- One Person can now open and run a company unlike two or three people/ directros
- CAMA removes all the unnecessary regulatory provisions for small companies.
- It reduces the minimum share capital for companies and start-up in Nigeria (for people like my humble self wey no too hold).
- CAMA creates another new category of legal identity for Nigerian businesses.
- It ensures that Nigerians can now register their businesses from anywhere in the country through the e-registration system.
- Promotes the use of technology in the registration of businesses.
- Removes all the unnecessary regulatory provisions for small companies.
- reduces the minimum share capital for companies and start-up in Nigeria
https://medium.com/@NGRSenate/7-benefits-of-the-senates-new-cama-act-bbfddc197f30
Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by barristerzinny(f): 7:46pm On May 15, 2018
[quote author=Tracypacy post=67588080][/quote] it has always been an e-registration. You have to be an accredited user of the website.
Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by royalads: 7:49pm On May 15, 2018
Nice one. NLS students be like... Oh my World. After I've covered my Corporate law notes and CAMA.
Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by Tracypacy(f): 7:23am On May 16, 2018
How can one be an accredited user of the site?
barristerzinny:
it has always been an e-registration. You have to be an accredited user of the website.
Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by barristerzinny(f): 12:45pm On May 17, 2018
Tracypacy:
How can one be an accredited user of the site?
for you to be an accredited user, you have to be a lawyer or an accountant or chartered secretary. You have to pay and register for accreditation, which is 5k to the commission.

1 Like

Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by barristerzinny(f): 12:47pm On May 17, 2018
royalads:
Nice one. NLS students be like... Oh my World. After I've covered my Corporate law notes and CAMA.
in practice we use corporate affairs regulation act.
Re: Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) by Tracypacy(f): 12:53pm On May 17, 2018
ok
barristerzinny:
for you to be an accredited user, you have to be a lawyer or an accountant or chartered secretary. You have to pay and register for accreditation, which is 5k to the commission.

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Facebook Ads Is Not Getting Result.... And How To Make It Work / AUTOMOTIVE GAS OIL (DIESEL) AVAILABLE! / Digital Freight Forwarders : Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.