Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Self - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Self (278 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self by gbobele: 10:45pm On May 16, 2018
SELF is the dearest amongst the things that matter most. It would do to say It is a raw magic in itself, and commands powerful sensation that lives out with time. I treat it fairly at the expense of my neighbors' happiness. I need not to be told that such an act often times appear treacherous, and that its dire consequence dwarfs that of a vicious blow directed to the jaw. Yet I am quick to justify it with facts that are so feebly constructed, and weak if presented before a judge.

One thing is wrong about this act: it has quickly stamped on me the mark of a scum, as I sneeze under the choking ooze from my neighbors malediction. I am moved by the agonizing sentiment they share but more so, I can be somersaulted to the ground by the force exerted on me by SELF.

Under the influence SELF I am held captive, and like a puppet I rise to duty hearing the bells of its command. While it is disquieting that it makes me transgress on the sacred court yard of my neighbors, it becomes preeminent in the phenomenon of making one aware of the fierce competition existing between humans, the painful truth that we re unmercifully selfish and un-repentantly ignorant.

This is an inherent character of man no doubt. An impurity of the clay from which he was made. It is inevitably muddled into the air he breathes. And not even those who are consecrated in the chapel of doom are exempted. Christianity can strive with its ideology of love, charity and egalitarianism but men would still remain selfish even after accepting this faith. This has been an established order since time immemorial.

However, there is nothing fiendish in falling in love with thyself. But it becomes a felony against humanity when the feeling is worshiped, deified or foolishly mismanaged. A head as clear as a field free from weed would establish an entirely new theory from this verbiage, Know his boundaries and restrain himself from the daily show of excesses in every intercourse with his neighbors.

Our neighbors are like to us as the left hand is to the right. While they are a significant part of our life, we can not avoid the wrath of their envy or grief, that worsen the stern competition amongst humans, and turns the world into a pandemonium, or a savage arena for prize fighting.

This raises a question on how one should live in peace. And if we should dig out the skull of Plato for an answer, we are certain to get something as profound as this:

live by natural laws and principles; and reverence the Omega of the metaphysical.

Good morning..........

(1) (Reply)

Foolishness Get Lifespan O / Registered Toyota Camry 2008 @1.850m / Silenced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.