Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Man Na Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Na Man (695 Views)

Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Na Man by gbobele: 11:01pm On May 16, 2018
I squirm at the sight of my imaginings which only appeal to me. I love the veneer and upholstery upon which it is constituted. Profoundly beautiful is the word at the moment. Perhaps, I (the man of today) am far privileged than the men who tread the earth generations before me, and the usage of electric burners in this age reassert this enormous difference.

Can I say my foot is quite imperial and noble that it rests majestically on leather sandals? Or should I understand that the travel hours from Egypt to Israel had shrunken to a day by flight unlike years past when it seem impossible? Surely, wearisome men of long ago would become, or in a worst case, flinch if they behold the spectacles of this times----the cars, skyscrapers, jets etc.

Civilization is the veil that demarcates me from those of my kind whose carcass had long been forgotten in the cave. To this my sense and instinct are incarnated, and remaining here only shoots up my pride, and exalt the feelings that accompany such advantage. This is personal, many of the tramp's family think, but of course what is humanly inclined that doesn't owe its existence to PERSONAL? PERSONAL represents the absolute configuration of the human soul, and symbolizes two things: first, that i am fleshy and carnal, and secondly, to the soil from which I became product of a divine craft and aesthetic wonder, I shall breathlessly return in the end of my stay on earth.

I am human, I think; sometimes sordidly, often times peevishly. I love meat today yet awaken to despise it in dawn---an unmerciful confusion. I am insatiable, nothing can be done about it. Had it not been so, I am no human: a terrible specie so awkwardly created that the human race would fear for its overthrow. To the raining season I throw curses; and cry for its return after departure. I am too vast and complex a subject to be considered. This is the mystery upon which my trepidation is built but you become blindfolded by misconception when you dare think otherwise. I am a man!

Well, there are numerous perceptions on this subject--MAN-NA-MAN---for as all are not equal, there is also a huge disparity between our shapes and sizes----some tall and some short---an obvious distinction even in the way we think. This makes me, reconsider what I said earlier that "I am in many ways different from the caveman." This statement is not true however; it is only a propaganda to steer me beyond the slope of reality.

The only existing differences between me and the version forgotten in the cave are established by mere routines, illusions, protocols and high dependency tendencies introduced by civilization. These traits to me are too secondary to determine the true nature of a thing. They are far too separated from the organic reality of human formation, and its inherent characteristics----locomotion, feelings, reasoning, breathing and much more.

A toad is a toad even when garbed into a silky clothing. Under the magic of a costume he is still the same creature, although perceptible changes could be noticed in slight detail. And such toad has only managed to mask itself in a wonted confusion of life time loss of identity, a kind that spitefully threatens the originality of a thing. This is as hopeless as the drunken reality of man who had spread wide open thy arms for a cold embrace from civilization. To his past he shows so much contempt; and absurdly demand that history wipe it off its record.

If truth be told, he is a wild as his comrade cast deep into the forest, ready to gnaw fleshes and brutalize. But this fact he fancy not hearing, believing his escape from the cave makes him different from his ancestors. He trades with lies and convince himself of the impossible by sporadically inventing new ways of doing things. And in this adventure of which he thinks necessary, he has finally buried himself underneath. Yet, he is still an exact model of the man in the cave; they both eat, kill, haunt, sleep, sick, mate, cry etc.

Man is man! Man in the African sahara forest is the same with the one in recent time. They both are foolishly dumb that they learn nothing from history. The only difference is one is more deceptive than the other. The man today is a plague in the world in which he lives----his tricks are cunning----his smiles are vicious; he is conceited and greedy. Tell him his fault and he finds you an enemy. At the expense of his fellow he earns a noble living and finds no injustice in such preposterous deeds.

What an hypocrite he is! His animalistic tendencies are obvious even till date. Deprive him of his meal and find a beast plunging to rip life out you. He is more staid yet he is who he is: the most pretentious animal the world would ever know. You would so much despise the part of him that is blasphemous, which appears filthy in the sight of his Maker. He knows too much than he should; sees beyond where he should, and bustles through the path of violation, thinking he has succeeded in his expedition to cheat nature.

Woe on to him! Man na man!

By Corporal Mark

(1) (Reply)

Story-faceless / My Woman, My Everything - Episode 7 / Intensed Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.