Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (65023 Views)

Truck Crushes Man To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by hot1sauce(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2018
all these people talking about ear piece blah this and that.... how can u conclude that's what lead to this man's demise? were u there? and even if he was wearing an earpiece there's nothing to say that whatever he may or may not have been distracted by would have obstructed he awareness to make him to point where he would have failed to be alerted by the presence of a moving train.... I think the bigger issue here is why is it(and I know this train track at Ikeja) that this train track should even be exposed with no barrier in the first place. Is this what needs to happen before the government can implement structures like we have in developed countries to prevent people from getting caught on the railway in the first place- in fact this kind of thing not just for the fact that the pictures r too graphic to be uncensored OP, makes u ashamed to be a Nigerian- I've been in a bus at Yaba/Jibowu side some years back now whilst lodged in non-moving traffic and an oncoming train approaching- I've never seen that kind of panic/hysteria in my life- and it is uncalled for..... that same track I just witnessed a while back has an attendant who comes to clear people away from the site when there is a train in motion at the scene and furthermore there is bell like alarm which is sounded and I'm sure loud enough to alert someone who is virtually deaf talk less of wearing an earpiece. Looking at this is pathetically sad, just seeing people circling the dead body I mean enough is enough- when r we going to get it right

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by teeboy99: 4:18pm On May 17, 2018
no single drop of blood! he was packaged onto the tracks
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 17, 2018
Afonjas food is ready
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Ojochegbe1(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2018
The guy work in Access bank computer village ikeja, he fell from the train while hanging on it. If u have seen this train the way people hung on it u will knw that any slight shake this can happen. i would have upload the pix i took a while ago u will believe that this is possible but i don't have it here now.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 17, 2018
He probably fell off from the train and into the tracks, and you can see, his cloth got stuck around the tracks, he struggled to take them off but he was being tossed around and under the rails, where he met his demise.
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Akporhono4u(m): 4:41pm On May 17, 2018
The man was not putting on ear piece.he was trying to climb the train,when it slowed down at the train terminal in ikeja along.but he slipt and fell backward into the train track

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by crownson(m): 4:48pm On May 17, 2018
Lord, have mercy. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Rozaytee: 6:35pm On May 17, 2018
Nwodosis:
It is also possible that the man was brought there dead and the train crushing used as a cover-up.

On the way round, this how the religious suicide bombers wish their cassava to be intact after the blast for their dreamed 72 virgins!
wetin dis drunkard dey yan sef

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by hotdealz(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2018
teeboy99:
no single drop of blood! he was packaged onto the tracks
If he was packaged onto the tracks, Was he invisible to passers-by before the train sliced him?

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by hotdealz(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2018
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Ameekas(f): 8:06pm On May 17, 2018
Subhanallah....haaa too bad
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by STORM2(f): 8:15pm On May 17, 2018
I'm surprised nobody has accused this man of wearing headsets to walk on the road.
There is obviously something wrong somewhere. Maybe more signs need to be put up or something. These freak accidents can happen to anyone. RIP to the dead

Edit: just realized some clowns have already played the "he must have been wearing earpiece card" grin Nigerians...we will never learn. Something is wrong and it has nothing to do with earpiece.
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by STORM2(f): 8:19pm On May 17, 2018
hot1sauce:
all these people talking about ear piece blah this and that.... how can u conclude that's what lead to this man's demise? were u there? and even if he was wearing an earpiece there's nothing to say that whatever he may or may not have been distracted by would have obstructed he awareness to make him to point where he would have failed to be alerted by the presence of a moving train.... I think the bigger issue here is why is it(and I know this train track at Ikeja) that this train track should even be exposed with no barrier in the first place. Is this what needs to happen before the government can implement structures like we have in developed countries to prevent people from getting caught on the railway in the first place- in fact this kind of thing not just for the fact that the pictures r too graphic to be uncensored OP, makes u ashamed to be a Nigerian- I've been in a bus at Yaba/Jibowu side some years back now whilst lodged in non-moving traffic and an oncoming train approaching- I've never seen that kind of panic/hysteria in my life- and it is uncalled for..... that same track I just witnessed a while back has an attendant who comes to clear people away from the site when there is a train in motion at the scene and furthermore there is bell like alarm which is sounded and I'm sure loud enough to alert someone who is virtually deaf talk less of wearing an earpiece. Looking at this is pathetically sad, just seeing people circling the dead body I mean enough is enough- when r we going to get it right
God bless you for this
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by vienne56(f): 8:47pm On May 17, 2018
D guy was trying to hang on d train, he tried d first time and fell off, he tried again and then fell d wrong way and d train ran him over.

pls let's stop hanging on trains but pls go in and sit down
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by FASASI1(m): 9:14pm On May 17, 2018
It happened last three days I was there not up to 5mins after it happened the guys work at access bank opposite an aviation centre he was trying to hang on a train that was transporting stones but his hand mistakenly slipped off and it was too late to rethink his routine
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Acehart: 9:15pm On May 17, 2018
hot1sauce:

This morning along Ikeja along same place where this man died, a lady was 2 steps away fron being hit by a train. She didn't know the train was coming - she was making a phone call, her receiving hand hindered her vision and the ear which she could have heard the train (it didn't blare its horn as it was slowing down to the Ikeja terminal) and she was wearing shades under the thick cloudy morning. How was she saved? Some one made a run for her, she was distracted and stopped. She could have been lynched by some people. Need I say more? Where this guy died is where some people try to board the train on the roof. Some days ago a guy died I guess, cos he slipped from the roof. Maybe he was sleeping. It happens every week.
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by Misslynx(f): 10:10pm On May 17, 2018
edrys:
SEUN and your MOD. How long will you continue to put gory pictures of people on your site. Is it all about the traffic?
Must you people always complain about everything?
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by akigbemaru: 6:09am On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Why Africa especially Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity.

Those fools that circle there, is it that they have not see accident cause by train or they are just ignorant because they don't know the kind of hazards facing them or what.

Like hushpuppi said
is high time I return una Citizenship card to una.

RIP man next time don't use headphone again
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by hot1sauce(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2018
Acehart:

This morning along Ikeja along same place where this man died, a lady was 2 steps away fron being hit by a train. She didn't know the train was coming - she was making a phone call, her receiving hand hindered her vision and the ear which she could have heard the train (it didn't blare its horn as it was slowing down to the Ikeja terminal) and she was wearing shades under the thick cloudy morning. How was she saved? Some one made a run for her, she was distracted and stopped. She could have been lynched by some people. Need I say more? Where this guy died is where some people try to board the train on the roof. Some days ago a guy died I guess, cos he slipped from the roof. Maybe he was sleeping. It happens every week.
my good fellow u just highlighted a major aspect of all this- where is our sense of safety in this bleeped up country? this is a country with a culture that doesn't, either does not know how to, does not value it or is just plain ignorant i.e. does not care; why for heavens sake should someone even be jumping onto or off a train to board/get off it in the first place especially where it is not stationery, its fatal enough with even the way okada move about and I know because I've seen lots of accidents that are just due to plain lack of care been applied .... if u talk now they will say u are speaking English, what stops the authority running the trains doing the necessary to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen every week as u so put it yourself. lets call a spade a spade we just don't like ourselves or value human life for that matter in this country in spite of the sanctimonious horseshit spiritually many live by. Seeing stuff like this is very irritating, annoying and just plain upsetting- I think ppl just need to wake up... even that lady u mentioned yes of course she's at fault for putting herself in a situation like that but furthermore that doesn't mean that some should not use a phone or whatever in a train park, its still a public place and most u should have there are display signs to draw people's attention of their need to be alert for their own safety-simple
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by hot1sauce(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2018
STORM2:

God bless you for this
Amen. I pray god help is in this country
Re: Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) by TheCongo2: 4:59pm On May 18, 2018
Nwodosis:
It is also possible that the man was brought there dead and the train crushing used as a cover-up.

On the other way round, this how the religious suicide bombers wish their cassava to be intact after the blast for their dreamed 72 virgins!

Yeah, this is why we do have forensic science.
What you say is very possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 StatesĀ US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria / This Is Oba, Anambra State (Pictures, Video) / 30 Northern Youths Hiding Behind Baskets Of Pepper Inside Trailer Caught In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.