Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,859 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Thirsty Roots! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Thirsty Roots! (416 Views)

Timeless Elegance Of Murray Clan Tartan: Embrace Your Scottish Roots! / Deep Roots 14kt Gold Emerald & Diamond Australian Opal Ring / Roots Vacuum Pump With Relief Valve Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thirsty Roots! by Jaawpreneur(f): 12:24pm On May 18, 2018
My relaxed hair never seemed to want to grow out past a certain length but one interesting observation was that for every time that I decided to leave in a braid, weave or faux locks for a long period of time, I would see good length added and this from the undergrowth that had accumulated as a result.

This was an important lesson because, it simply meant that the relaxer free part of my hair grew out faster than my relaxed ends. With this theory in mind, I concluded that my hair would grow out much longer if I just stopped the relaxer. It also showed to me that relaxer may be stunting my hair growth. This may not be far from the truth judging from the fact that a lot of black girls' hair ceases to grow beyond a certain point while they still were on relaxers. I used to imagine that I probably would have hit tail bone length a long time ago if I had stayed away from the relaxer earlier or not have used the relaxer at all. I say this because in about three years, my hair that seems to be slow growing had been able to reach well past my shoulder blades when lightly stretched. A feat that I had concluded almost impossible with my relaxed hair of over 20 years and more. The longest my hair had ever reached relaxed was on top of my shoulders for all those years! I am quite positive that my hair length goal of tail bone is attainable now. Such a goal I would never have dreamt achieving with relaxed hair. Yes I have always favored long hair. I am positive that you would have guessed by now anyway.

Though I have never expected too much speedy growth for my hair in particular, with the length I now have, I am expecting to have attained bra length by the time my natural hair is five years old. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Read more ...[https://jaawpreneur..com.ng/2017/11/thirsty-roots.html]

Don't forget to leave your comments on my blog.

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Training / Women Clothing Online Shopping / Sewing Not Tight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.