Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police (19353 Views)

Armed Robbery At Remo Majestic Hotel, Sagamu: Police Kill 2, Arrest 2 / CCTV Footage Of A Robbery At A Salon In Lagos Island (Video) / Meat Sellers & Police Clash In Ibadan, Police Station Set On Fire This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by KrystosCJ(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2018
If the news turns out to be false [because, quite frankly, a good number of senior officers of the Nigerian Police do not know how to process information purposefully and use it effectively to stop crime] then we should assume that the police authorities at Ilorin are utterly incompetent.

#transmission_error

Nigerian police have been in the headlines for the wrong reasons most of the time. The so-called wannabe-24-style series they want to air on pay-per-view television won't do much to change the poor perception the public have about them. Even when they get it right, it feels like they either got lucky or the bandits involved were unfortunate.

If I recall correctly, one of the robbers involved in the dastardly robbery attack at Offa was once a registered egunje collector.

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by onyxo76(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2018
but today is 18th, the report is dated 19th ! or is the robbery taking place tomorrow, i'd better avoid Ilorin this weekend o.
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 18, 2018
ireke:
What a police force. They are always confused. Or how else do you explain the fact that the "fake news" was released today (18th May) and the response from police is dated 19th May (tomorrow)?
Bros

Its an obvious mistake
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by goldtube(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2018
19/5/2018
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by kabawa(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2018
Mobsync:
Are we really sure that it's false? You know the Nigerian Police issues a lot of false denials and outright lies these days.

Well! The truth will soon be revealed.

By the way, I have iPhone 6s for sale.
https://www.nairaland.com/4496506/very-neat-iphone-6s-sale

Shove the dead refurbished iPhone in your smelly an*s grin

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by omobabaonimalu(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2018
post=67665396:
Dear Nigerian Police,
How far have we gone with the last robbery operation in this same town?

Update please, THANKS!
The Ring Leader is my neighborhood can't still believe, he was arrested some weeks ago and five people have been arrested also... Trust nobody his name is Michael Adikwu

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:13pm On May 18, 2018
omobabaonimalu:
The Ring Leader is my neighborhood can't still believe, he was arrested some weeks ago and five people have been arrested also... Trust nobody his name is Michael Adikwu
Do you stay at Ilorin?
Thanks for the update.
Hoping they are brought to book soon.
It was just too bloody!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by DeOTR: 1:24pm On May 18, 2018
TIDDOLL:
People can carry rumour sha.... undecided

Some said Unity, Some challenge, Tanke....

How dem go rob for Unity and challenge, when A division is just a stone throw undecided undecided
There was a robbery in post office some years back. The culprits escaped through challenge-unity-new yidi road axis, unchallenged.
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by annydora1(f): 1:28pm On May 18, 2018
The information is not being straight,tanke,challenge etc.

Have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
You get guaranteed delivery,
delivery reports or sms refunds
[your money back]if your messages aren’t
Delivered.www.smsmarketingportal.com
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Kylekent59: 1:53pm On May 18, 2018
ShenTeh:
Robbery in Tanke Junction, Avoid Unity Road. Haba!

I don't understand. It's like saying there's robbery in Ogba, avoid taking Ikorodu Road!

Some people don't even knw the diff between IN/AT.

Someone said in a junction shocked
We use at for junctions and for specific location.

In ogba, in tanko junction smiley smiley make una dey transmitted transmission transfer . Very wrong I must say

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by federal9: 2:00pm On May 18, 2018
Kylekent59:

In ogba, in tanko junction smiley smiley make una dey transmitted transmission transfer . Very wrong I must say

Me I tire for them ooo.

IN nå for enclosed area,city,country,state,capital.

AT nå for junction,area,places,for specific

On na for surface,streets....

Omo the transmitted transmission transferred I mean, ur money nå 100 naira jor grin grin
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by goodnews4me(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2018
If the news is false how come almost all the banks in Ilorin are on lockdown with heavy security presence until now?
What is the Kwara state CP and DSS Boss doing at GTBank taiwo with heavy security presence?
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by bimbim75: 2:27pm On May 18, 2018
Germandude:
Maybe d robbery is tomorrow. They are transmitting transmitted ammunitions
from reliable source they only wrote letter to the bank's that they are coming to rob.

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by bimbim75: 2:37pm On May 18, 2018
Mynd44:
PRESS RELEASE

19/5/2018

FALSE ROBBERY ALARM IN ILORIN.

The Command is shocked to recieve an avanlanche of calls from panic stricken individuals, arising from a false alarm to the effect that Robbers are operating in some banks along Unity and Taiwo Areas, the alarm is false, fake and a ploy to cause unnecessary panic in the minds of the people.The command wishes to assure members of the public of their safety, and its preparedness to provide needed security cover for all the banks in particular and people of Kwara in general. Members of the public are advised to be vigilant and make information of untoward movements to the police please.

Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Police Public Relations Officer
For : Commissioner of Police
Kwara State Command.
letter only written to Gtbank unity that they are coming to rob
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by oluwadeeboi(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2018
"The command wishes to assure members of the public of their safety, and its preparedness to provide needed security cover "
hehehehe I laff in Spanish

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by big7: 3:14pm On May 18, 2018
Police will denial every bit of it... In fact I ran for safety today at tanke old sawmill to be precise when some women raised an alerm of some armed men following them every where scatter... Vehicles stop... Road dry up once ...ilorin is unsafe currently... Armed robbery every day... Three days ago some armed men robbed a fuel station before tanke junction... It crazy no police showed up after the whole massive gun shot dropped by this armed men...stay at alert in ilorin it currently an hot zone

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by LZAA: 3:15pm On May 18, 2018
Mynd44:
PRESS RELEASE

19/5/2018

The Command is shocked to recieve an avanlanche of calls from panic stricken individuals, arising from a false alarm to the effect that Robbers are operating in some banks along Unity and Taiwo Areas, the alarm is false, fake and a ploy to cause unnecessary panic in the minds of the people.The command wishes to assure members of the public of their safety, and its preparedness to provide needed security cover for all the banks in particular and people of Kwara in general. Members of the public are advised to be vigilanjt and make information of untoward movements to the police please.

Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Kwara State Command.
A dilligent police force will increase security in the areas mentioned
These ones will be more concerned about roger
Smh
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by ewehh1: 3:18pm On May 18, 2018
people should becareful with what they pass
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by gabbie77: 3:31pm On May 18, 2018
See gobe
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Airoflaw(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2018
most banks closed because of dis rumour chai!!
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Garffy: 4:40pm On May 18, 2018
Germandude:
Maybe d robbery is tomorrow. They are transmitting transmitted ammunitions

Very funny!!

1 Like

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Garffy: 4:43pm On May 18, 2018
omobabaonimalu:

Do u mean the one that happened in Offa?
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by ShenTeh(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2018
Kylekent59:

Thank you.
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by AlanSugar(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2018
TIDDOLL:
People can carry rumour sha.... undecided

Some said Unity, Some challenge, Tanke....

How dem go rob for Unity and challenge, when A division is just a stone throw undecided undecided

What "division" is that? I'm sure this is your first time of hearing of the word Nigeria, first time too knowing its a robbery infested nation! Division kor, barracks nii, those ones will be the first to take to their heels.
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by aonenews(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2018
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Nobody: 5:39am On May 21, 2018
Mynd44:
PRESS RELEASE

19/5/2018

The Command is shocked to recieve an avanlanche of calls from panic stricken individuals, arising from a false alarm to the effect that Robbers are operating in some banks along Unity and Taiwo Areas, the alarm is false, fake and a ploy to cause unnecessary panic in the minds of the people.The command wishes to assure members of the public of their safety, and its preparedness to provide needed security cover for all the banks in particular and people of Kwara in general. Members of the public are advised to be vigilant and make information of untoward movements to the police please.

Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Kwara State Command.

Someone is lying. I have advised my parents who live in ilorin to keep their bank transactions to the minimum as it seems banks are the new targets of militants /disenfranchised BH thugs.

I called my mother on Friday, and she confirmed that there was shooting going on in that axis. She had been driving in that direction. So I have to wonder at our police. Unless they want to suppress panic
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by Ayobami7(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2018
Okay
Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by adiyemama(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2018
FOR GOOD QUALITY CCTV CAMERA, FOR CLEAN AND CLEAR CCTV INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE PLEASE CALL ON TRIPLE-G GLOBAL SOLUTIONS ON 08079876039 OR 07069586800

Re: Robbery At A Bank In Ilorin This Afternoon Is False - Police by alimohammedibn(m): 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
dafeyankee:
Noted.

But what about the steady Robberies by Policemen for N50 to N100 at Checkpoints?false alarm too?
grin
dafeyankee:
Noted.

But what about the steady Robberies by Policemen for N50 to N100 at Checkpoints?false alarm too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Residents Blast A Policeman For Getting Drunk Again In Ikorodu, Lagos / Okada Rider, 7 Others Defile 21-year-old Orphan In Abia Community / ₦2 Billion Tramadol: Ukatu Afamefuna Mallinson Sues NDLEA, Demands ₦200m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.