Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites (2498 Views)

German police arrest 11 Nigerians over dating scam / Nigerian Yahoo Boy Arrested In Kenya Cries (Photos) / 2 Nigerians In Vietnam Jailed For 28 Years Over Dating Scam Of About $130,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 18, 2018
Recently, I signed up for a dating website called Swandate and was shocked due to the messages I received about two minutes after I completed the registration process. Five women from the U.S requested for my friendship which I accepted and then went offline for a few hours. When I came online, I received two messages from two of the accounts and they seemed legit cos their spellings and usage of words were perfect. The first one expressed her desire in me and asked that I reply her urgently cos she was in a dire situation which needed my advice and help. I then replied her and told her I was also interested in knowing her. She then replied after some minutes; she told me she was a U.S soldier who was in Libya due to the chaos there and that I should consistently keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She told me that while they were on a rescue mission, they found a safe box in a bunker which had the sum of 24 million U.S dollars in it and they all agreed to share the money and was given 6 million dollars as her share. She begged that I stand in as a foreign partner for her in order to have the funds wired to my account for safekeeping because she would surely be prosecuted if she should have such funds wired to her account due to the fact that she was in the U.S military. It dawned on me at that point that yahoo boys were at work but I wasn't sure if it was a Nigerian. I decided to follow up in order to know his/her endgame. I agreed thereafter and she thanked me so much and then gave me an English (England) email address and telephone number which I was to write to and call respectively in order for the funds to be wired immediately cos she was in desperate need of funds; she promised to give me 30% of the money and urged me to inform her as soon as I send the email. I wanted to be sure of the source of the phone number, so I downloaded true caller application and then dialled the phone number and to my utmost surprise, It was a spammed Nigerian phone number of one Mr. Adeyemi Davies. I burst into laughter as soon as I saw this cos I was surprised as to the high level of evil and deadly intelligence the person portrayed and also the fact that the phone number had a foreign code. I sent the email to the address he/she provided but decided not to call the phone number and then informed him/her that I had sent the email. After awhile, I received an email from the email address accepting my request to stand in as a foreign partner for her and also to provide my account details so that the money could be transferred in a short time. Guys, at the end of the email, this human being told me to pay the sum of 500 dollars into a western union account he/she provided which would serve as transfer fee. I found myself rolling on the floor in laughter as soon as I read that particular line of the email. I then replied the email assuring him/her that I'd send 1500 dollars in order for the transfer process to be smooth. After 5 days of not hearing from me, this human being sent an email telling me that they have decided to give me a discount of 50% which meant that I was now supposed to pay 250 dollars. I sent an email assuring him/her that he/she should be patient cos I'll surely pay the sum of 1500 dollars as transfer fee. He/She never contacted me after that day till date. Out of the other four requests, three are fraudsters cos they used the same tactics but different strategies; one of them claimed to be a refugee in Libya, claiming that her late father who was the Minister of Finance left her with an inheritance of 6 million dollars but the money was in a Swiss Bank account and needed me to stand in as a foreign partner. At the end, she requested for 2,000 dollars as transportation fee in order for her to come meet me in Nigeria while I wait for the transfer to be completed. I used true caller to trace the source of the phone number he/she was using and found it to be Nigeria. The rate at which Internet fraud is taking over Nigerians is alarming. I urge people to be careful on social networks and dating websites cos no one can be trusted.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Astonmartin(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2018
ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Obainoneandonly(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2018
bro,I also meet them online too.same tactics, but different strategies. the funniest part is DAT some people do fall for it,especially foreigners. Dats why they are still in d game
Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Donemmy(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2018
i am happy you didn't fall for them.
Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 18, 2018
He is an armature scammer.
Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Shugarlord213: 10:09am On May 20, 2018
Abeg which ID card i fit use to tell police say na the work i day do because e don reach one stage way them day slap me collect 172k oo because of muscle Camry
Re: Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites by Artistree: 11:06am On May 20, 2018
jusRadical:
He is an armature scammer.
Amateur...

(1) (Reply)

Thief Tries To Run Away After He Was Caught (pics/video) / BREAKING NEWS: Most Dangerous Snake Discovered (graphic Pics) / Gay Baboon Terrorises Villagers In South Africa, Rapes 5 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.