Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) (924 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / Men Who Spent Longest Decades In Prison For Crimes They Didn't Commit(Pic) / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:15pm On May 18, 2018
A man who has spent 18 years behind bars for a rape and murder he did not commit is acquitted of his crimes, Metro News report.

Tomasz Komenda cried tears of relief and buried his face in his hands as a panel of judges declared him innocent.

Review of previous evidence using new forensic tests proved he could not have committed the crimes for which he was accused on New Years Eve in Poland in 1997.

Mr Komenda, now 42, was released from prison in March after prosecutors reviewed his case when the parents of the 15-year-old victim expressed doubts about his guilt.

Upon his release, he said:

‘For the last 18 years I have been asking myself: What have I done wrong to have my life turned into hell?

‘All that time, I was treated like filth.’

The teenage victim in the case was raped and murdered during a 1997 New Year party in south-western Poland.

Court documents showed she died from blood loss and freezing temperatures.

When police found her body, they initially predicted there were multiple suspects who left behind a large amount of evidence, including a woolly hat containing hairs and bite marks on the girl’s body.

In explaining the verdict, the court said advanced forensic techniques had shed new light on the evidence collected at the time and excluded Mr Komenda as the killer.

It also pointed to mistakes in the process of gathering evidence and to a negligent approach to testimony from the defence witnesses.

Mr Komenda was jailed seven years after the crime, despite 12 people confirming his alibi that he was over two miles away from the scene at the time.

When he was arrested he complied fully with police, but says he was beaten and threatened and said: ‘They beat me so much that I would have even admitted to shooting the Pope.’

Mr Komenda’s lawyer, Zbigniew Cwiakalski, said he will seek more than 10 million zlotys (£2 million) in damages for Mr Komenda for the wrongful conviction and his years in prison.

An investigation into the failings has been launched.

See His Photo Below:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/man-cries-out-after-being-jail-for-18-year-for-rape-he-didnt-commit/

Lalasticlala
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:15pm On May 18, 2018
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by forreelinc(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2018
grin lol I bet he aint never gonna have sex again

1 Like

Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by Kxngstein(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2018
forreelinc:

If he would, the lady will have to sign series of consent documents grin

1 Like

Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by Nobody: 8:04am On May 19, 2018
Kxngstein:

If he would, the lady will have to sign series of consent documents grin
and in addition it'll all be sextapes... evidence things grin
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by Favor99(m): 9:05am On May 19, 2018
forreelinc:
Lol you wrong, he hasn’t had sex with a woman in 18 years, he’s going to find him some ashawo grin
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by uboma(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2018
I pray he gets compensated but no amount can really take back the wasted years in prison and inhumane treatment meted on him.
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by Blackfire(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2018
Deliver us from evil....
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by KingSango(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

See His Photo Below:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/man-cries-out-after-being-jail-for-18-year-for-rape-he-didnt-commit/

Lalasticlala

Framed. Those are not police they are devil worshiping Freemason police, prosecutors, clerks, jailers, judges, religious leaders and politicans. This scientific method they used to free him existed 18 years ago especially in America. grin They scape goated him because of public outcry due to the horrific nature of the crime someone had to pay! Organized evil is the true crime and criminal psychopaths that hide behind institution.

www.theriseofsodom..com

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Freed Man Cries Out After Being Jail For 18-year For Rape He Didn’t Commit (pic) by rifasenate11(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2018
this is the kind of wickedness people go through, wrongly accused persons.. and to think this man has to spend 18 years of his lifetime behind bars for something he didn't do.. to think of women these days easily lay false allegations of rape anyhow is another thing to be mindful of

(1) (Reply)

Young Girl Murdered After Being Defiled In Anambra State. / / Community Policing Is Worldwide Criminal Network Now Comes A.I Pre-crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.