Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It (988 Views)

Any Help Recovering My External Drive / I Formatted The Wrong SD Card, How Can I Recover The Files Back? / Diskpart Isnt Working In My External Hdd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It by CEO1(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2018
Hi everyone! Please i need someone to recommend a solution to my hard drive problem, i am a photographer and i saved over 3 years job on my external hard drive, i was about the copy out some jobs in it 2 days ago and the message it was showing was 'Format Disk' , i removed it and re-inserted the USB cord several times but it's still showing that message and don't know the solution to it because it will be very risky for me to format it and start recovering it back because come images might get corrupt...

What can i do? Pls recommend a solution to this ...

Admin! Pls help to push to front page
Re: My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It by Shadrackmadu(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2018
Do Me A FAVOUR PLS... TRANSMIT IT TO THE OTHER ROOM
Re: My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It by elldeb101(m): 5:13pm On May 19, 2018
Try Another usb cable and port. When i had the same issue with my ext drive, that was what solved it.
Re: My External Hard Drive Shows 'format Disk' Instead Of Showing Up The Files In It by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2018
You may have to format it and then use a software such as easeus to retrieve your files.

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Modern Games Can This System Carry / How Is Good Is Spectranet At Ogudu Ojota Area / Uk Laptop Prì‡ce Splash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.