Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi (48419 Views)

Chuba Akpom Dumps England For Nigeria / Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Dearlord(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2018
This boy too dey talk.
Play good ball and leave us to judge the rest.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Asuokaa: 10:30am On May 20, 2018
Affordablerent:
Correct man

Houses for rent in Lagos. Satellite axis

Share it on http://cotenant.com.ng
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 10:31am On May 20, 2018
Maroghene:

U all seem to forget Iwobi chose Nigeria at his prime not when he had lost form. Southgate even compained about it then but as usual we all seem to be suffering from complexity issues. As good as Ikoku was then for Wimbledon, he chose Nigeria and sat on our bench. So be grateful
Bros form is besides the point. He chose Nigeria at the point he got to a cross road in his international career, knowing fully well that if he played at the U23 level, he has to commit to the 3 Lions. If he was that patriotic why didn't he chose Nigeria in the age grade competition, those were even the times when his cousin's praise was still sung by many.
This has nothing to do with complexity, its more about being smart and putting 2 and 2 together.
If you know, Kindly furnish us with any player of Nigerian parents who has excelled with a European nation asides playing pointless friendlies.
Let's call a spade by its name, Iwobi deserves no praise for choosing Nigeria, he was only being clever by half and without him we would do just fine. Needless to say that the talent pool in Nigeria is deeper than that of England, so what are you going on about?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by nedu2000(m): 10:41am On May 20, 2018
Lomprico2:

Is lingard a nigerian too?
if Iwobi were English,i doubt he would make the English squad due to players such as LINGARD and Alli. Since they place in just about the same position.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 11:16am On May 20, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

NwaAmaikpe no get job na

I have said it in another thread.

They must have mixed the water used to bath him when he was born with Wyppo bleach.
grin

He is a great blessing to Nairaland Nonsense talkers.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by AndreUweh(m): 11:30am On May 20, 2018
He was born in Nigeria but came to England at the age of 6.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 20, 2018
cana882:
in offa grin
lol now that IGP is not smiling. He will use him to settle his Transmission brouhaha
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:26pm On May 20, 2018
No amount is too small for business, with 7k, 10k, 20k, 30k, 60k, and 150k and 700k, you can do alot with poultry, broilers and turkey production business, to include fishery, piggery, etc. for your livestock stocking and practical orientations or lectures, call 09099176956
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Geesaintagape: 12:32pm On May 20, 2018
Linus iwobi.when will Nigerian learn to say the truth..?
I stayed in England for 2yrs there's nothing on earth that would iwobi play in England senior team.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Kswainthriller: 12:40pm On May 20, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Iwobi knows he doesn't have a chance in Hell to make the England team.

Don't know why people can not be honest or just keep quiet.....

He should ask Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, John Barnes, Darren Bent...Black guys who played so well but were only used for rare friendlies.

Darren Bent was the highest scoring English man in EPL but he was passed up for the World Cup for a then untested 18 year old Theo Walcott

Well... Walcott is a black too grin
you Somehow Wrong Tho,john Barnes Is A Star\legend In Liverpool,the Most Capped Black Player,before It Was Broken By Rio Ferdinand,he Had 80caps For England.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by handsomeyinka(m): 12:57pm On May 20, 2018
massinola:

Do you actually rush to comment on every topic because you have something reasonable to say or because of likes. To me you sound unreasonable each time you post these shits you post here. So singing the national anthem is now the criteria for measuring one's love for his/her country abi? Then why are we in this mess we are in this country? Because our leaders know this anthem and sing it in every gathering. If it is not love for Nigeria but for easy shirt as you claimed, why didn't Tami Abraham do the same, Agbolaho nko? Because these guys knew they wouldn't be able to break into England squard but still they chose them over us. Not everyone is like you OK
Thanks for lashing back at this idiots..i was gonna go get a doctor for him to do a mental evaluation on him but you just saved my trip..Thanks.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Olumaeme: 1:23pm On May 20, 2018
Bro, England no go give you play
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by YoungKeem(m): 1:37pm On May 20, 2018
He was born in Lagos, Nigeria... Jay Jay Okocha took him to England. Get your facts right
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Elparaiso(m): 2:01pm On May 20, 2018
With the nonsense he displays at Arsenal, he's only fit for Nigerian friendlies.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by shibanbo(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I pity those who believe him.
So he loves Nigeria more yet he can sing the English anthem but not the Nigerian.
Who is deceiving who?

The truth is;
He couldn't get into the English Senior National team but getting a shirt in the Nigerian senior team even as a minor was a piece of cake courtesy of his uncle JayJay.

These folks should learn to say the truth.
.and you learn to shut your mouth and grow up
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Eldee54321(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2018
cana882:
Good 1 lad

Meanwhile Tammy Abraham right now..
TAMMY Bleep up....n I warn him buh he's jst being adamant...

1 Like

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Debbieaaire: 2:45pm On May 20, 2018
@massinola ...of course it's a criteria for measuring or of measuring (anyone that works for you g) ones love for their country how can you not know your national anthem fam like how?!...that's the smallest thing you should know bout your country g.. And yeah btw it's spelt "Squad" and not "Squard" Okay?!

SMH..
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Affordablerent: 3:24pm On May 20, 2018
Asuokaa:

Share it on http://cotenant.com.ng
Thank you sir
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by enonche85(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I pity those who believe him.
So he loves Nigeria more yet he can sing the English anthem but not the Nigerian.
Who is deceiving who?

The truth is;
He couldn't get into the English Senior National team but getting a shirt in the Nigerian senior team even as a minor was a piece of cake courtesy of his uncle JayJay.

These folks should learn to say the truth.

He choose not to make the same mistake the likes of Agbolanhor who was hoping to play for England but was never called, Tammy Abraham who was never called back after playing just one friendly match for England and also Sydney Sam who rejected Nigeria to play for Germany in a friendly match b4 2014 world cup and has never been called back to play for Germany.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by cana882(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2018
Eldee54321:
I swear the guy is just being either naive or plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by cana882(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2018
Lilisticlili:
lol now that IGP is not smiling. He will use him to settle his Transmission brouhaha
lol.. And transmit him to life after death.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by kachimoore94: 5:00pm On May 20, 2018
nedu2000:
If he had chosen England he won't ever make it to a worldcup. Dele Alli,Lingard are all better.

He is better than lingard
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by kachimoore94: 5:04pm On May 20, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Bros form is besides the point. He chose Nigeria at the point he got to a cross road in his international career, knowing fully well that if he played at the U23 level, he has to commit to the 3 Lions. If he was that patriotic why didn't he chose Nigeria in the age grade competition, those were even the times when his cousin's praise was still sung by many.
This has nothing to do with complexity, its more about being smart and putting 2 and 2 together.
If you know, Kindly furnish us with any player of Nigerian parents who has excelled with a European nation asides playing pointless friendlies.
Let's call a spade by its name, Iwobi deserves no praise for choosing Nigeria, he was only being clever by half and without him we would do just fine. Needless to say that the talent pool in Nigeria is deeper than that of England, so what are you going on about?
then if you are him knowing fully well that you won't make it to the 3lions national no matter how good u are cos u are black,u will still go there and root come on bro he choose Nigeria becos he has to nothing more...we need him after all he was the one who scored the goal that sent us to world cup
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by kachimoore94: 5:07pm On May 20, 2018
Elparaiso:
With the nonsense he displays at Arsenal, he's only fit for Nigerian friendlies.
TRANSMISSION fall on you
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by shadrach77: 5:38pm On May 20, 2018
Thanks
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Iwobi knows he doesn't have a chance in Hell to make the England team.

Don't know why people can not be honest or just keep quiet.....

He should ask Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, John Barnes, Darren Bent...Black guys who played so well but were only used for rare friendlies.

Darren Bent was the highest scoring English man in EPL but he was passed up for the World Cup for a then untested 18 year old Theo Walcott

Well... Walcott is a black too grin

You goofed by adding Ferdinand to the list. He is a former England captain
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Elparaiso(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2018
kachimoore94:
TRANSMISSION fall on you

Omission omit you!
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:46pm On May 20, 2018
shadrach77:
Thanks

You goofed by adding Ferdinand to the list. He is a former England captain

Not Rio Ferdinand the defender.... Les Ferdinand the striker. Google and check
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by antyokya: 6:00pm On May 20, 2018
Beehshorp:

Atleast he chose Nigeria, but some people would rather pack sh1t in England than come back

England de cry for losing iwobi till tomorrow o.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by sharpwriter(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2018
Eldee54321:

Can't he still make it to the Super eagles squad if he shows interest?
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 20, 2018
kachimoore94:
then if you are him knowing fully well that you won't make it to the 3lions national no matter how good u are cos u are black,u will still go there and root come on bro he choose Nigeria becos he has to nothing more...we need him after all he was the one who scored the goal that sent us to world cup
Yes boss, that was my point ab initio till the guy who mentioned me tried to point otherwise.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 20, 2018
sharpwriter:

Can't he still make it to the Super eagles squad if he shows interest?
No he can't. Once capped by the a senior team, he can't be capped by any other nation.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Hades2016(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2018
massinola:

Do you actually rush to comment on every topic because you have something reasonable to say or because of likes. To me you sound unreasonable each time you post these shits you post here. So singing the national anthem is now the criteria for measuring one's love for his/her country abi? Then why are we in this mess we are in this country? Because our leaders know this anthem and sing it in every gathering. If it is not love for Nigeria but for easy shirt as you claimed, why didn't Tami Abraham do the same, Agbolaho nko? Because these guys knew they wouldn't be able to break into England squad but still they chose them over us. Not everyone is like you OK
that guy is an idiot, rushing to post nonsense... We love our boy iwobi ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Win 2022 World Cup, Beating France In Penalty Shootout (Pictures) / Nigeria Super Eagles Jerseys All Sold Out – What's Really Happening / Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.