Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force (3813 Views)

Cab Driver Confronts Soldier Who Smashed His Car Windscreen In Lagos (video) / See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by unilagfreshest(m): 8:50am On May 21, 2018
Good day all, my friend's Honda halla rear wind screen (wind shield), got broken early this morning like 4.30am, claims from those who witnessed it says no external force touched it. Someone was even ready to swear. My question to the house is how possible? Note, it caved in and all was shattered.
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by adonisgold: 8:52am On May 21, 2018
Yeah, it happens. The windshield is expired. Excessive heat contributes.
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by Mikkylounge: 9:41am On May 21, 2018
adonisgold:
True

1 Like

Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by Nobody: 10:01am On May 21, 2018
Have you checked for spiritual problems? ??

They might be following you secretly.
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by Mikkylounge: 3:45pm On May 21, 2018
bonarhyme:
Have you checked for spiritual problems? ??

They might be following you secretly.

that too! grin grin
Are you speaking from experience? grin

2 Likes

Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2018
Mikkylounge:

that too! grin grin
Are you speaking from experience? grin
[quote author=CofOLandOfPeace post=67710044]Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by unilagfreshest(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2018
Thanks all, we have replaced it owode for roughly 10k.

1 Like

Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by kingreign(m): 12:38am On May 22, 2018
adonisgold:

False windshield do not expire.
The following are the reasons for sudden breakages:

1. Windshield and glasses are part of the formwork of a car which aid it's rigidity. damaged bent chassis will ultimately shatter the windshield.

2. Improperly installed windshield may not sit properly and undergo stress which may cause it to break.

3. If you do not park properly it can cause your vehicle to develop stress along and across its body rigidity and this will break chassis. It's very common in older cars with weakened chassis.

4. Uneven temperature inside the vehicle and outside the vehicle can cause the glass to expand unevenly and break it.

2 Likes

Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by TPound(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2018
unilagfreshest:
Thanks all, we have replaced it owode for roughly 10k.

10k?!

Honda halla rear windshield??

Owode??!!!!!

Funkeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! cry
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by unilagfreshest(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2018
TPound:

10k?!
Honda halla rear windshield??

Owode??!!!!!

Funkeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! cry
Yes bro. R u saying it's too much.
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by TPound(m): 5:06pm On May 25, 2018
unilagfreshest:

Yes bro.
R u saying it's too much.

Way too much brah...

Remember...

I'm an owode market guru
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by unilagfreshest(m): 6:25am On May 26, 2018
TPound:

Way too much brah...

Remember...

I'm an owode market guru
Lemme break it down, they sold it for 6k, the gum was 1200, we bought 2,, the fixing guy collected 1500,. That's all, finally he wants to sell the car for 200k, then another golf 2, for 200k.
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by TPound(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2018
unilagfreshest:

Lemme break it down, they sold it for 6k, the gum was 1200, we bought 2,, the fixing guy collected 1500,. That's all, finally he wants to sell the car for 200k, then another golf 2, for 200k.

Manual or automatic? Whatsapp me on my number written in my signature
Re: Windscreen Got Shattered Without External Force by johngoodluck: 5:25pm On May 31, 2019
TPound:

Way too much brah...

Remember...

I'm an owode market guru

Some days ago, I parked my car (a toyota avensis 2011) while my guys and I were having some drinks just behind it.
In about 2 hours after (around 10pm), we went back to the car to drive home and discovered that the rear windshield had shattered.
Since we weren't far away from the car at all, we couldn't just recall anything hitting the glass.

The next day, I googled what could have caused the damages and came across this thread with a similar case.
As I was as poor as church rat at the moment, all I could do is to search for the most affordable replacement price.
Coupled with the fact that I have very little exposure in spare-parts trading, I reached out to the #Auto Expert cum #Owode market guru - @TPound whom I have found on this thread.

@T-Pound does not only have an amiable personality, he is exceptionally experienced/knowledgeable about autos generally as well as spare-parts purchases at the best possible price.

Ultimately, I am very satisfied with his effort in getting the best replacement price. Good thing is that I didn't exceed the budget he had earlier advised with.

Thank you for your time Bro!. God blesses you from Zion!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla For Sale / Brazilian Cyclists In Unclad Protest Against Reckless Driving(Photos) / Infinity Fx35 Error Code -B1134

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.