Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Software Community In Anambra:some Things You Should Know About Learning To Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software Community In Anambra:some Things You Should Know About Learning To Code (784 Views)

Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Software Community In Anambra:some Things You Should Know About Learning To Code by Tribenigeria: 12:16pm On May 21, 2018
Software Community in Anambra: Some things you should know about learning to code before #TA2018

The Tribe Nigeria 2018 Accelerator program is 10days away, and we’re excited about it, wawooh!! It would see many dreams — especially those of young people in Anambra state and surrounding — about becoming a world-class software developer come true. So far we have had very good responses, with a good number registering, and some having come by TribeHQ for more inquiries and even payments. It all shows the extent to which the software community in Anambra has grown, and how we’re coming to appreciate the possible impact of technology on our future!

Back to TA2018; as registration winds down and the talent accelerator becomes more and more a reality, here are some things we feel aspiring developers should know about learning to code:

1. Anybody can be a software developer, irrespective of age, gender, or status. We’ve had people ask questions like: Nna are you sure I can learn this thing, I’m a civil servant, please tell me the truth?! Some others were like I am not a very young person, are you really sure I can learn it? My simple answer is — Yes you can! Learning how to code is about passion, determination, and commitment. It is about drive, how much effort you put into it, and consistency.

2. Software development is like fire. The more fuel you put into it, the more it burns. If you’re not ready to practise, practise and practise on your own, it is likely you’re not ready to learn. If you’re not ready to sacrifice time and more money, it is likely you cannot be helped. The truth is that there are times you may need to sleep out, go to a restaurant or hotel, just to find power and strong Internet service, when they are not available at home. So get ready. Put on your boots and gloves, because we’ve prepared a lot of tasks for you!

3. Confidence is necessary to do extremely well, but overconfidence will deny you many learning opportunities. Pride will completely destroy your chances of learning. When coming for the program or going to any other learning program, if you think you already have some skill(s), do well to drop them at home — it will do you a lot of good. On the other hand, if you by any chance feel like it may be impossible to learn. It’s time to change your mindset — it all starts here!

4. Collaboration is the key. During the program, you’d meet many persons like yourself. Your ability to interact and co-work will either make you stronger or restrict your learning process. There are a lot of things someone else will understand better than you, and there are others you’d be king at, and that’s why sharing to achieve a goal would be extremely important!

5. Coding is not easy, and cannot be learned in a day. It is just like every other thing — hard at the beginning. In order to stay on top of your game, you’d need a lot of patience and self-motivation. Nobody can give you that. You must find a part of you to pull out some strength when the going gets though. You must always remind yourself why — why in the first place you wanted to become a software developer!

That said, Tribe Nigeria is ready to give every participant her best. We are currently reviewing the curriculum and processes once again, and adding some more fun stuff to ensure nobody goes crazy with work **lol**, and that motivation is high.

Yea that’s it! If you have registered, great. If you have not, kindly visit www.tribenigeria.com/accelerator . Furthermore, if you have confirmed your slot by making payments, great! if you have not, payments are still on until next Monday, 21st May, 2018. Remember limited slots are available!

If you have question(s), Call 090–7407–4047

Well the ball is in your court now!

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Interact With Phone Features / Learn Programming And Coding Languages Yourself / Software Developers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.