Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,871 members, 7,821,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? (783 Views)

UAE Creates Rain Using Drone Technology That Gives Cloud Electric Shock / Man Constructs Local Car With Condemned Parts He Picked From Trash / Almost New Apple Macbook Core Two Duo With 8hrs Battery Life For Just 65k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by bongolistik(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2018
Wonders shall never end in science and electricity! And last night around 11:40PM NEPA restored our light and feeew I switched on my dvd player cos I wanted to charge my power bank with the DVD USB outlet like I have always done for months, and the USB cord was already connected to the DVD but in the process of trying to fix the USB micro head cord to the power bank, I received a serious shock, which got me trembled.

OK, I wondered! What could be the problem? I asked myself; firstly I powered off the DVD player, still unable to risk any further electric shock at that moment, I headed straight for my tester, and I used it touch the micro USB end of the cord and the tester was lit, meaning there is still electric current there.

Next I quickly unplugged the DVD from the main power supply and retest the micro USB head with the tester and to my amazement, the tester was still lit, again signifying electric current that can still shock.

I now used the tester to touch on other visible metallic components on the dvd player like the AV inlet and out connector and they still lit the tester, and again I used the tester to touch the unplugged plug Pins, to my amazement, the tester was also lit and which is still an indication of capable of shocking parts.

I said I will leave the whole thing and go to bed so I can continue my observation in the morning.

To my 2nd greatest surprise, I still use my tester to touch all those parts this morning that have been unplugged since yesterday, including the plug pins and they still lit my tester.

At this point, I am a bit confused and still wondering what the hell could still be causing all those dvd parts and plug to be lightening up my tester. And not even that I am trying to uncouple any component of the dvd o!

With my knowledge of science and electronics, I know for sure that components that can store electric charges are the inside capacitor, and the dvd player does not even have big capacitors as such that can store high voltage of electricity and storing it for long period of time for the that matter. And not even the capacitors that are lightening up my tester but other visible and surprising components.

Now I am calling on the experts in the house to come and have their say and tell me on what next to do cos I am still looking at the dvd in bewilderment! And in fact I am looking on whether I can even tap on the electric current still been produced by the unplugged dvd to generate voltage that I will be using when NEPA strikes, since the dvd does not want to stop producing electric current.. Lol.

Updated!! Issue and mystery resolved.

The cause was actually from the AV connector on the TV to DVD
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 22, 2018
Test the ground u standin on...

Guess ur body must be a good conductor of electricity
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by Nobody: 8:33am On May 22, 2018
bongolistik:
Wonders shall never end in science and electricity! And last night around 11:40PM NEPA restored our light and feeew I switched on my dvd player cos I wanted to charge my power bank with the DVD USB outlet like I have always done for months, and the USB cord was already connected to the DVD but in the process of trying to fix the USB micro head cord to the power bank, I received a serious shock, which got me trembled.

OK, I wondered! What could be the problem? I asked myself; firstly I powered off the DVD player, still unable to risk any further electric shock at that moment, I headed straight for my tester, and I used it touch the micro USB end of the cord and the tester was lit, meaning there is still electric current there.

Next I quickly unplugged the DVD from the main power supply and retest the micro USB head with the tester and to my amazement, the tester was still lit, again signifying electric current that can still shock.

I now used the tester to touch on other visible metallic components on the dvd player like the AV inlet and out connector and they still lit the tester, and again I used the tester to touch the unplugged plug Pins, to my amazement, the tester was also lit and which is still an indication of capable of shocking parts.

I said I will leave the whole thing and go to bed so I can continue my observation in the morning.

To my 2nd greatest surprise, I still use my tester to touch all those parts this morning that have been unplugged since yesterday, including the plug pins and they still lit my tester.

At this point, I am a bit confused and still wondering what the hell could still be causing all those dvd parts and plug to be lightening up my tester. And not even that I am trying to uncouple any component of the dvd o!

With my knowledge of science and electronics, I know for sure that components that can store electric charges are the inside capacitor, and the dvd player does not even have big capacitors as such that can store high voltage of electricity and storing it for long period of time for the that matter. And not even the capacitors that are lightening up my tester but other visible and surprising components.

Now I am calling on the experts in the house to come and have their say and tell me on what next to do cos I am still looking at the dvd in bewilderment! And in fact I am looking on whether I can even tap on the electric current still been produced by the unplugged dvd to generate voltage that I will be using when NEPA strikes, since the dvd does want to stop producing electric current.. Lol.

Below are images of me testing it out this morning
lalasticlacla, leave honey moon and cum fast! E be like say na tokumbo dvd u buy grin
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by bongolistik(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2018
grayht:
lalasticlacla, leave honey moon and cum fast! E be like say na tokumbo dvd u buy grin
lol, it is not Tokunbo, it was a brand new dvd player I bought from authentic LG Fouani shop last year
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by bongolistik(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2018
grayht:
Test the ground u standin on...

Guess ur body must be a good conductor of electricity
I just did as you said but no any sign of electricity on the ground
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 22, 2018
bongolistik:
I just did as you said but no any sign of electricity on the ground
Check well again grin dont breathe while checking
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by bongolistik(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2018
grayht:
Check well again grin dont breathe while checking
I have checked well and I have ceased my breath, and still no sign of electricity on the ground

1 Like

Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by Nobody: 9:24am On May 22, 2018
bongolistik:
I have checked well and I have ceased my breath, and still no sign of electricity on the ground
lets wait to hear from the elders
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by bongolistik(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2018
grayht:
lets wait to hear from the elders
This one that the elders are taking time to arrive, or are they not having any idea on the matter?
Re: How Come My 8hrs Unplugged Dvd Plug Pin And Dvd Parts Still Shock? by elldeb101(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2018
if the DVD is still connected to your TV through any of connector port like the hdmi ..the current might be coming from from TV set or other connected appliances

(1) (Reply)

Help! My 13year Old Facebook Account Has Been Hacked / Web Application And Microsoft Sharepoint / Call Us For Your Laptop ,desktop Computer Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.