Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) (798 Views)

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Plantain Farming – How To Start A Plantain Plantation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) by COTHEBEST(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2018
One of the mistakes I made as a young farmer is that I didn't set aside money or didn't have budget for the maintenance of my over ten thousand (10,000) plantain suckers plantation.

So after planting I have to raise over four hundred thousand Naria (₦400,000) to maintain my farm till harvest.

The experience is only better imagined. I learnt the hard way.

I am currently seeing people make this same mistake.

In my humble opinion, the major work begins immediately after planting.
That's why you need a professional to handle your farm from the set up to the maintenance, till harvest.

In as much as plantain farming and other crops are profitable, it requires a lot of work.

And just a little reminder, the growth of your farm; the yield it will produce and the life span of your farm is absolutely dependent on how you manage and maintain your farm from the day you plant that seed.

Here are some questions I want to ask;

Do you have a budget for the maintenance of your new farm?

What are the strategies you have mapped out for the maintenance of your farm?

My name is Okorode Christian and I am the founder of Millionaire Farms Ltd, an agricultural company fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.

I can help you set up a profitable plantain farm for you and maintain it till harvest.
You can email me on Okorodechristian@gmail.com

call or WhatsApp me on 07039882313 for business only.

Follow me on Instagram @okorodechristian

#MillionaireFarmer #CoTheBestInternational #Strive

Re: Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) by abescom: 1:14pm On May 22, 2018
So you made such a basic mistake and you are teaching people how to set up farms and even maintain it for them. What will you be teaching them then? Why do Nigerians like teaching things they actually need to learn about themselves?

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) by COTHEBEST(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2018
I do wish you reread this post and think before you make this comment. The world has too much of angry people, I don't want to believe you are one of them.
abescom:
So you made such a basic mistake and you are teaching people how to set up farms and even maintain it for them. What will you be teaching them then? Why do Nigerians like teaching things they actually need to learn about themselves?
Re: Lessons Learnt From My Plantain Plantation (farming) by abescom: 1:28pm On May 22, 2018
COTHEBEST:
I do wish you reread this post and think before you make this comment. The world has too much of angry people, I don't want to believe you are one of them.
This has nothing to do with hate. This is a fact. It is exactly what happens in our beautiful country. People who have not traded Cryptocurrency, forex and the likes are busy teaching others using materials they sourced from the Internet.

And I read your post again, it is your grammar. You said "young farmer" could imply many things. You should simply have said mistakes you made when you were starting out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Green Carnival 2019 / Meet Tardigrades, The Only Animals That Don't Get Killed Even In Boiling Water / Retirement Plan...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.