Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Woman At The Well - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman At The Well (194 Views)

Una Religion No Rate Woman At All / Reverend Esther Ajayi And A Cleavage-Baring Woman At Ovation Christmas Carol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman At The Well by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2018
Woman at the well
www.livingwaters.com

In our foundational teaching called "Hell's Best Kept Secret" I speak about the error of using life-enhancement benefits of the Christian faith as a draw-card for a sinner's salvation—the promised happiness if a sinner comes to the Saviour.

In response to that someone asked, "but what about the woman at the well? Jesus told her that He can give her living water and she will never THIRST again. Could you please explain that?"

As human beings we extoll "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Each of us strive for happiness. However, there is something more important than our happiness. Jesus said "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness." The Bible says, "Riches profit not on the day of Wrath but righteousness delivers from death."

Before I was born again I had about as much desire for righteousness as a four year-old boy has for the word "bath." I didn't even know the meaning of the word let alone have a thirst for it. However, when I discovered that God saw lust as adultery, I knew that I was heading for Hell. That was the moment I began to whisper "How can I be made right?" I began to thirst for righteousness.

It's been said that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. That's true. But you can put salt in his oats.

That's what the Law of God does. It puts salt in our oats and makes us thirst for the righteousness that's in Christ alone and I believe that it was that to which Jesus was speaking as He spoke to the woman at the well.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 22 May 2014 at 18:00 ·

(1) (Reply)

Let God! Not Man / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/05/18 / Lady Who Endured 16 Years Infection Says She's Healed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.