Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,407 members, 7,839,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Yobo And Shittu No World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo And Shittu No World Cup (745 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Joseph Yobo And Son Share Adorable Moment / DANNY SHITTU: No Regrets Turning Down Nigeria's Afcon Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by 12large: 1:29pm On May 26, 2010
serious after yesterday game i was not even mad at the strikers, why because i know that their problem yesterday was the pitch. but the most dissapointing yesterday for me was yobo and shittu. this is no more joke we are playing messi milito and co, we need to find a way to injure these 2 defenders they are plain rubbish expecially yobo. the guy is a disgrace to all nigeria captains in past, did you see how uncomfortable he was anytime he is not the ball, i cannot imagine how my heart will beat if we play yobo against argentina
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by hollandis(f): 1:35pm On May 26, 2010
Is your brain in your pant?What do you mean by ''injuring the two defenders''?
Yeye fowl wey refuse to lay egg. angry
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by BIGJOHN2: 1:38pm On May 26, 2010
It is better to go to the World cup with Fit Home based defenders than unfit Pro
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by candylips(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2010
those guys were piss poor yesterday angry
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by honeric01(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2010
He was obviously lacking concentration yesterday, poor back pass, poor man to man tackle, poor everything.
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by medjai(m): 2:02pm On May 26, 2010
Its funny how people are judging from yesterdays game. There was nothing at stake so you dont expect to see the players at their best. Any way, i have always been anti Shittu. Shittu in my opinion is not a footballer. He just kicks the ball about. Yobo can still be considered but Shittu, hell no
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2010
Aahhh grin (in heavy yoruba accent). u don't know the Supah [b]H[/b]eagles? They [b]H[/b]ar just hiding their game and strategy, by the time they get to south [b]H[/b]africa and lose the first 2 games, we will bounce back with awaa slow and unpredictable style. Aaaaah! U have forgotten we womblled and fumbled into qualification. Miracle of Daman and Atlanta. U guys have not seen [b]H[/b]enithing
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by candylips(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2010
exactly
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by honeric01(m): 2:28pm On May 26, 2010
medjai:

Its funny how people are judging from yesterdays game. There was nothing at stake so you dont expect to see the players at their best. Any way, i have always been anti Shittu. Shittu in my opinion is not a footballer. He just kicks the ball about. Yobo can still be considered but Shittu, hell no

Something bigger was at stake, to TIE down a worldcup shirt, what else is bigger than that to a player? undecided
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by Iyineda(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2010
Thank you, honeric01. You just owned the thread.

It amuses me when I read that there was nothing at stake in that match against Saudi. The Super Eagles group is still composed of a preliminary squad of 30 players. 7 are going home.

There's a difference between a friendly that is a preparation for a major tournament and a friendly that we also call exhibition match. Plenty was at stake! And some players didn't show purpose.
As I said, Lars isn't the one to blame for yesterday's appalling spectacle. It's a fringe of uninvolved players that made it such a forgettable 90 minutes.
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by deb(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2010
YOBO MUST GO?!  -  I SAY YES

SHITTU?!               -  MAYBE, BUT I'LL SAY LETS WATCH HIM ONE MORE TIME. AT LEAST HE SAVED OUR A[i]S[/i]S AFTER YOBO'S MISTIMED HEADER
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by johndavid1(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2010
SHittu very heavy body cant even run.Yobo useless old age has come oh!
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by Kgdavid(m): 9:28pm On May 27, 2010
well i was surprised to see yobo and shittu start as all the other players on the pitch were there to prove themselves and i was thinkin yobo and shittu were definite names for the plane. however as the match started i began to have second thoughts. Yobo is simply past it. as for shittu i can understand that due to the fact that he has not played much this season maybe he is not too match fit or physically fit. Lagerback has already said he is going to work on him specially which is probably why he played. the fact that all nigeria's really key players either came on as subs or did not play at all should be worrying signs for Ayila and Yobo especially as it would appear that they are now relegated to the category of those having to prove themselves. i think Apam and Adeleye are good enough to start for us and Afolabi is a decent player as well. Yobo has to go though Shittu might be worth taking a gamble on.
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by medjai(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2010
I watched the game again early this morning and truthfully, both of them dont deserve a place in the team. The Saudi strikers were just having their day against them
Re: Yobo And Shittu No World Cup by candylips(m): 9:58am On May 28, 2010
shittu is shitt cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles, Are We 419ers ? / England, Brazil To Play Eagles In Nigeria / Is Federer The Greatest Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.