Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet (31102 Views)

Dry Cleaner Returns Money He Found In A Client's Pocket (Photo) / Nigerians Donate Over N1.4m To Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Millions / Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by sharpwriter(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2018
Malakh:
that's not honesty that is foolishness...when fate gives you something you dont give it back, the money was lost for a reason and she finding it means she didn't steal it, what she should have done is hold it until the owner comes looking for and it not turning it in, if they come fine if they dont come it belongs to her..

Really? try find or download an American movie titled: Ca$h
Come back and quote me. grin grin
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by SkinnyNigga: 3:28pm On May 23, 2018
braimeddy:
I guessed she returned it because she's aware of the cctv cameras everywhere. Wise decision she made otherwise she could have find herself in kirikiri prison.
CCTV for inside toilet? Oboy use your brain
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by 9isguy(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2018
Sarang:

Go to travel to Canada in travel section and READ!

Thanks sir
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by bigtt76(f): 4:12pm On May 23, 2018
Nice one but shouldn't the authorities be interested in who is 'forgetting' these monies than rewarding the person finding it? There may be some criminal intent involved and resulting in the monies being forgotten .....buh what do I know undecided

Rachelsblog:

Coming at a time Nigeria’s international image is not too good with the incessant cases of corruption in the country, a cleaner at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos State, Charity Bassey, recently did the unexpected when she found a nylon containing $6,000 valued at over N2 million, and turned it in to security officials at the terminal.

The cleaner, an employee of Lakewood Development Company, which is into janitorial services, was on duty at the departure wing of the airport when she picked up the item from the floor. According to her, she was standing in front of the toilet when a passenger drew her attention to something inside the toilet.

“I went in and saw the small black nylon on the floor. It looked dirty and rough, you won’t know it is money that was inside it. I picked it, felt some notes inside and took it to the customer care. I was given a glove to bring out the contents and I counted 60 pieces of $100 dollar bills.”

When asked what was the reward for her honesty, she said nothing.

“Nobody gave me anything, the manager, company or even the owner who later came back looking for the money. I am however, not discouraged as I do my best to do a good job with clear conscience. This is not the first time I am picking up forgotten items like wallets, phones, small bags and even money. I have always returned them to the frontline desk or customer care desk,” she said.

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/female-airport-cleaner-praised-after.html

Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by cocoboss(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2018
e be like u don thief person moni grin grin
9isguy:
Please someone should brief me about Canada visa and how much.. Minimum of 2years stay..... Thanks
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Gracespecial101(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2018
Did somebody excrete the money and forget to flush it. $6000 inside toilet.Nigeria why Na, lies upon lies anyway what do I know
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by 9gerian: 4:25pm On May 23, 2018
I always make an impression on non-Nigerian friends and associates that contrary to the ugly reports about Nigeria, most Nigerians are actually very honest people who find themselves struggling in an environment where morals are being debased and scorned at. Hence, a lot of people do good things under cover for fear of criticism by the few bad eggs who unfortunately have proven the loudest with their ill-gotten wealth!

If her account of always returning valuables for owners to retrieve is accurate, then Charity Bassey (and others like her) should be encouraged as a role model with a scholarship, financial aid and all necessary to become a(n) (accounting) professional, with a deployment to the suitable (financial) unit for training even as she studies. She has earned the right to manage a government or company's treasury if she qualifies as a professional accountant, and continues with that level of integrity.

Qualifications (though of paramount importance) have proven to be inadequate for determining the right leader or manager of resources. A high level of Integrity is just as crucial!!!

Rachelsblog:

Coming at a time Nigeria’s international image is not too good with the incessant cases of corruption in the country, a cleaner at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos State, Charity Bassey, recently did the unexpected when she found a nylon containing $6,000 valued at over N2 million, and turned it in to security officials at the terminal.

The cleaner, an employee of Lakewood Development Company, which is into janitorial services, was on duty at the departure wing of the airport when she picked up the item from the floor. According to her, she was standing in front of the toilet when a passenger drew her attention to something inside the toilet.

“I went in and saw the small black nylon on the floor. It looked dirty and rough, you won’t know it is money that was inside it. I picked it, felt some notes inside and took it to the customer care. I was given a glove to bring out the contents and I counted 60 pieces of $100 dollar bills.”

“Nobody gave me anything, the manager, company or even the owner who later came back looking for the money. I am however, not discouraged as I do my best to do a good job with clear conscience. This is not the first time I am picking up forgotten items like wallets, phones, small bags and even money. I have always returned them to the frontline desk or customer care desk,” she said.

Gossip From Ebiwali--

Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by madgoat(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2018
Chai... That woman is destined to be poor forever. I mean who in his/her right senses will return such undocumented money shocked
Money that even the owner cannot report to the police thats missing.
If na me, i go just stylishly sweep the bag into my wastebin and then zoom off with it after closing hours.
I can never be as senseless as the woman.
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by jaytime(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2018
This is history repeating itself. There was an incidence like this before.
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Kenswitch(m): 4:46pm On May 23, 2018
braimeddy:
I guessed she returned it because she's aware of the cctv cameras everywhere. Wise decision she made otherwise she could have find herself in kirikiri prison.
I dont think there is CCTV in toilet
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2018
Why are airport toilet cleaners always finding huge sums of money in the toilet?
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by 9isguy(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2018
cocoboss:
e be like u don thief person moni grin grin

God 4bid
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Celense(m): 5:47pm On May 23, 2018
nice concept
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by 3moses: 5:54pm On May 23, 2018
braimeddy:

That's not true....is there any cctv camera in d toilet?
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:34pm On May 23, 2018
lilfreezy:
She try sha. Make i no lie, if na me see money for toilet ehn, I go just tell the owner...

Nairalanders grin
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:35pm On May 23, 2018
opeolu202:
Money wey she for take process amelica visa go dey do her cleaner job there... Her generation for get assurance nw...

Oh no! grin
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 23, 2018
Divay22:

Which accolade undecided
She deserves it cos if I'm the one just forget about the money
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by FunctionX(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2018
handsomeyinka:

Lol..My nigga.....are you related to the jamb snake that swallowed the #36million?

Haha
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Divay22(f): 7:01pm On May 23, 2018
YoungFr:

She deserves it cos if I'm the one just forget about the money
Ole! tongue
And if am the owner of the money and i catch you, i won't spare you angry
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 23, 2018
Divay22:

Ole! tongue
And if am the owner of the money and i catch you, i won't spare you angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy
If only you find out that I saw the money
grin grin grin
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by tectonotimes: 8:14pm On May 23, 2018
NnamdiEducamia:

How much have you made from this?
Wow!!! Nnamdi, how are you doing? It has been a very long time. Are you still in Enugu?
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Divay22(f): 8:22pm On May 23, 2018
YoungFr:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
If only you find out that I saw the money
grin grin grin
You can't always run but can't hide..
Hey, jokes apart honesty still pays.

Shebi you read "The fruit of honesty " back in those days
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Sarang(f): 8:59pm On May 23, 2018
9isguy:

Thanks sir

Ma. smiley
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 23, 2018
Rachelsblog:

Gossip From Ebiwali--

What is 6000 dollars doing inside a toilet?

This is money laundery; D.
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2018
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 23, 2018
Divay22:

You can't always run but can't hide..
Hey, jokes apart honesty still pays.

Shebi you read "The fruit of honesty " back in those days
You're right, anyway I would have done the same cos this is the beginning of her success wink wink wink
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Divay22(f): 9:50pm On May 23, 2018
YoungFr:

You're right, anyway I would have done the same cos this is the beginning of her success wink wink wink
I like that.. Kudos smiley

1 Like

Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by 9isguy(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2018
Sarang:

Ma. smiley

Tor...thanks ma
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by sparkle6(m): 11:19pm On May 23, 2018
Fools.
Praises? That is always what the layman gets. While some pot bellied hegoats are diverting the remains of the Abacha loot into their pockets.
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by Morayo1306: 1:19pm On May 24, 2018
Okay
Re: Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet by NnamdiEducamia(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2018
tectonotimes:

Wow!!! Nnamdi, how are you doing? It has been a very long time. Are you still in Enugu?

Hi, it's appears you know me. How are you doing? And who are YOU?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / Accountant Susan Asakpa Who Drives A Cab In Abuja Tells Her Touching Story / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.