Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

#WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) (506 Views)

Aston Villa Appoints Unai Emery As New Head Coach / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As PSG Coach On A Two Years Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2018
Arsenal have officially unveiled Unai Emery as the new coach to replace Arsene Wenger.

The Gunners announced the decision around 9:00am earlier today and unveiling set for 2pm UK time.

Emery has signed a four-year deal worth £6m per year which is £2m lower than what Arsene Wenger earned at the club.

The 46-year-old was sacked as PSG Boss after failing to reach the Champions League semi-final despite having players like Mbappe And Neymar in the squad.

The Spaniard has since changed this twitter handler description and account logo after Arsenal's announcement earlier today photo below.

Emery said:

"It's a great challenge. In my career every year, I grow up with a new challenge. For me, the challenge is a dream.

"I know the players and I think they are very important. All of the players I want will be here.I want to speak individually with all of the players face-to-face."

"Good afternoon - thanks for being here and thank you to the Kroenke family.

"We traveled to Atlanta to meet them and for me it was a very good conversation with him and his son.

"All the connection for this project are important. Thank you to the Chairman and the board.

"We met on Monday morning with them and I also feel that they have Arsenal in their heart.

"The conversation with the chairman is very important for me.

"Also thank you Ivan., Raul and Sven. The first meeting with Arsenal people was with those three who after three hours I think gave me a very good feeling for how we will work together and create a new future Arsenal."

Emery on Wenger

"Thank-you Arsene Wenger too: he has reverence from all coaches in the world. I learned with him all the things in football."

"My English is not the very best now and I want to make it easier to speak my thoughts to you and the supporters. To explain my ideas, ambitions. I'm very excited for this opportunity at a big club.

"A great city and a grand stadium and also great players for this work. Thank you."

Speaking to the media, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said:"I'm excited and delighted to announce the new head coach of the football club, Unai Emery. I would like to give you some background into the process. After the announcement that Arsene would be moving on, we formed a three-man panel.We had some clear criteria we were looking for in our section.

"The first was entertaining football, the second was a personality to fit Arsenal Football Club, and thirdly was a record for developing players. We looked through and analysed on the basis that every coach in the world would be interested in this position. We don't believe there is a more attractive position in world football.

"We created a long list of eight people. All eight were interested in the position. All eight took part in extensive interviews and none of them withdrew from the process. We were in a fortunate position to name our first choice.

"Our first interview was in April. our last was on the 10th may and we interviewed Unai in May. A formal recommendation to the boardwas supported by a 100-page dossier with a great degree of background information. All of the board members were energised and enthused by our decision."

Emery said: "We want to work and improve collectively. All the titles are important for us and we want to be candidates for all of them.

"I don’t promise we will win but I can promise we will work hard, together and with emotion."

Ivan Gazidis is speaking again now.

He said:

"I'm not looking backwards now we're opening a new chapter in the history book of Arsenal.

"We're doing it in a new way but I'm not critical of how things have been done.

"Our history under Arsene is fantastic and you'l never hear me being critical of him.

"Our first club motto was 'Forward' and it's time for us to look forward.

"This is a fantastic club. We'veseen that in the number and quality of people trying to get this position. I believe to the core of my soul this is a special club and if we get behind Unai there is no limit to what we achieve."

Source: http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/05/welcomeunai-arsenal-unveil-unai-emery.html

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2018

Re: #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by neutralmind: 2:44pm On May 23, 2018
Dawn of a new beginning....
Re: #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 2:49pm On May 23, 2018
The way small teams go take trash Arsenal for the first 6months ehn

The Coach go bust cry lipsrsealed
Re: #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by Teewhy2: 2:53pm On May 23, 2018
good one. he go fit command respect more than Arteta to bring players.
Re: #WelcomeUnai Arsenal Unveil Unai Emery As New Manager (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2018

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: Ozil, Kroos, Neuer And Other Germans Arrive Russia / U.S., Canada & Mexico To Host 2026 FIFA World Cup / Shortcut To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.