Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Quickly And Safely Remove USB Drives With Hot Keys - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Quickly And Safely Remove USB Drives With Hot Keys (1044 Views)

Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. / Between HDD And SSD Hard Drives Which Is Better / How To Remove Paint Virus From Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quickly And Safely Remove USB Drives With Hot Keys by kudaisi(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2018
Here is a project I just started, written in C# and WPF. Just thought to mention it here for those that might be interested in contributing or using.

SRU is a Windows Utility software that allows users to assign hotkeys (e.g Ctrl + Alt + Z) for use in safely removing USB drives. It was inspired by the majority of people I see around clicking on Ctrl + Alt when attempting to remove USB. I sincerely don't know where the got idea came from as it doesn't work. This is me trying to help.

FYI as for now it's in a Beta state, the only thing you can do with the project is to Press Ctrl + Alt + Z to eject a connected USB drive and there's a functionless notification Icon (I'm only trying to put the bits and pieces together). Also, I haven't implemented any form of test as most of the current functions mostly relates to the Win32 native api. I'm currently really busy at work. Hopefully over the weekend I'll add more features. Can't wait to get started with the UI, I love them clean, classy and simple. So you can watch the project if you want to get updates on the progress.

https://github.com/yemikudaisi/safely-remove-usb

1 Like

Re: Quickly And Safely Remove USB Drives With Hot Keys by kudaisi(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2018
So as regards this project, made a relative amount of progress today. Finally had time to put some GUIs in-place (hoping to get feedbacks here, note that the UI is independent of the Windows OS version) and wired them up. Here are some pictures of the work in progress to put you in perspective.

The options menu only shows when you double click on the app notification icon at the task bar. While the toast notifications are activated by hotkeys.

In fact, I've already started using the app on my system. It's pretty nifty to have a windows hotkey eject flash drives for you. May be I'll include a alpha release soon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Programmers Needed In Ilorin / How Would You Like An App That Controls Your Home Devices? / Meet Basil Okpara, The 9-year-old Nigerian Programmer Who's Built Over 30 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.