Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome (623 Views)

Nancy Isime Replies Blessing With Evidence After Being Accused Of Doing Surgery / Actress, Ronke Odusanya Breaks Silence After Being Accused Of Extortion / Falz Explains Why He Hates Paying For Sex After Being Accused Of Slut Shaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome by edward1984(m): 8:48pm On May 24, 2018
Morgan Freeman has apologized after being accused of widespread sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior, saying that he never intended to make 'anyone feel disrespected or uncomfortable'.

In a statement on Thursday morning, the 80-year-old told DailyMail.com: 'Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy.

'I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.'

It came after a damning piece was published by CNN detailing allegations of misconduct by eight different women.

As a result of the allegations, Freeman was dropped as the voice of Vancouver Public Transport.

'In light of information we’ve learned this morning of allegations regarding actor Morgan Freeman, TransLink has decided to pause his voice announcements as part of a VISA ad campaign on our transit system,'the organization said.

The allegations include claims including those of a young production assistant who alleges Freeman, 80, tried to lift up her skirt repeatedly in 2015.

Only one woman who claims to have been mistreated by him was named. She is Chloe Melas, the CNN reporter who wrote the article who claims Freeman called her 'ripe' and told her: 'Boy I want to be there' as she interviewed him while six months pregnant in 2017.

Other women said he behaved like a 'creepy uncle' at Revelations Entertainment, his production company, and that his unwanted glances and treatment of them forced them to stop wearing skirts or dresses in the office.

She said: '[He] kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear.

'Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say.'

The woman was in her early 20s and Freeman was 78 at the time.

Another, who was described as a senior member of production staff who worked with him on Now You See Me in 2012, claimed it was common knowledge that he 'harassed' females on set.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5767743/amp/Morgan-Freeman-accused-harassment-inappropriate-behavior-EIGHT-women.html

Re: Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome by emeijeh(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2018
Olympus has fallen
London has fallen

Freeman has fallen.

3 Likes

Re: Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 24, 2018
Back in the days this was seen as a playful old man but in today's world you can loose your job , endorsements and partnerships over stuff like this

Anyway it's all progress I guess , women ought to be respected that's a fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morgan Freeman APOLOGIZES After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Eight Wome by edward1984(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:
Back in the days this was seen as a playful old man but in today's world you can loose your job , endorsements and partnerships over stuff like this

Anyway it's all progress I guess , women ought to be respected that's a fact

You right

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Has Officially Asked Nina To Be His Girlfriend – Fans Allege / DAVIDO AND CASSPERNYOVEST Fans Fight Dirty On Instagram 4 Bet(photos) / Yemi Alade 'johnny' Hits 90 Million Youtube Views And Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.