Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone (18479 Views)

What Must I Do Before Selling My Iphone? / What To Do To Protect My Data Before Selling My Cell Phone / 5 Important Things You Need To Do Before Selling Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Revolva(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2018
Whether you are using an Android or iOS device, you may someday decide that you have enough of the phone and want to sell it to purchase a new one. There are actually quite a few steps you should take before you simply hand over your old phone to its new owner. these are some of the things.

Remove SIM/microSD cards

On some devices, contacts and call logs can be stored on your SIM or microSD cards, so it’s really important that you remove these before selling. Chances are, you won’t be willing to give up either of these when selling the device, so keeping them to yourself is a great way to ensure security.

Factory data reset

If you do not want anyone accessing some information or data on your phone, you can completely erase your data by performing factory data reset. The process only takes less than a minute.

Remove all accessories

When selling your device, it’s always important to remove the accessories and extras that originally came with it, unless you’ve clearly told the buyer you would include them. You make use of them if they are compatible with the new phone you are buying.

Backup your data
Since you are not handing over your phone with all your data, you have to back them up so that you can recover and download on your new device. You can backup your pictures, videos, and documents on Google drive or iCloud.

Clean it
This is a small step, but it is still important. Cleaning your device is a nice gesture; it makes the buyer feel like he’s getting his money’s worth. Wiping of the screen, removing any dust or build-up, and cleaning inside the ports is a great way to ensure your customer will be happy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by lovelove2323: 7:49am On May 25, 2018
wink
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by ujay4u(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
ok
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by gurunlocker: 7:49am On May 25, 2018
Lol.... Remove sim/micro SD card? Really?

I be wan sell am with the phone before?

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by oyetunder(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
smiley in other words, all the evils and secrets must be removed thru proper baptism.

6 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by banom(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
nice write up
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Riogeese(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
Affirmative
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Jacksy(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
Aii
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by youngds: 7:50am On May 25, 2018
Backup your contact with Google Contact, is very important

6 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Laredojohn(m): 7:50am On May 25, 2018
Cool
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:50am On May 25, 2018
trash
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by jeeqaa7(m): 7:50am On May 25, 2018
I go like buy the phone wey you take type this thing

4 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Abbey2sam(m): 7:51am On May 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by MOHE: 7:51am On May 25, 2018
Oh Lord! Provide jobs for Nigerian youths.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by seyiseyi11: 7:51am On May 25, 2018
Na wah oo
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by koolcat: 7:51am On May 25, 2018
IN OTHER DEVELOPMENT, infinix note3 for sale.!!!!
contact me via 07063400533.
location-LAGOS
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by overboard(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2018
Great. Please move "Backup you data" up the ladder.
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by IMASTEX: 7:54am On May 25, 2018
Okay
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by IMASTEX: 7:54am On May 25, 2018
Okay.
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by kolafolabi(m): 7:54am On May 25, 2018
Only a dummy will not do all what you listed..

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by slawomir: 7:56am On May 25, 2018
isoright
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Misterdhee1(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2018
By the way, used samsung s7 for sale. Contact on signature
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by tytunji29(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2018
gurunlocker:
Lol.... Remove sim/micro SD card? Really?

I be wan sell am with the phone before?
i tire oooo i need to see the moderator wo moved dis to frontpage
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by inoki247: 7:57am On May 25, 2018
sell ur simcard wit d phone u get a good price...

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Cutehector(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2018
Misterdhee1:
By the way, used samsung s7 for sale. Contact on signature
how much
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by bboy07(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2018
lol this guy funny sha, who no go remove sim before selling

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by debolayinka(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2018
There's nothing new here.

Hisses out......
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Misterdhee1(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2018
Cutehector:
how much
60k.
Re: Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone by Cutehector(m): 7:59am On May 25, 2018
Misterdhee1:

60k.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xiaomi Will Become Third Largest Smartphone Vendor Globally In 2021 / How To Roll Over Your Unused MTN Internet Data Subscrition / Why Does Tecno Produce Substandard Phones???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.