Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Check Engine Light Question For Expert - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Check Engine Light Question For Expert (549 Views)

Abuja| Car check engine light scanner, GPS enabled. Price: N5000 / Get a Check engine / Transmission car scanner. You need it for the D-day. / Call For Expert Solution On All Auto Problems: !08065333223 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Light Question For Expert by oaustin(m): 9:25am On May 27, 2010
Hello,
My Check Engine started showing when a care was brought from Cutonu!
Somedays ago, a technician reset the light to confirm if it was true indication of fault or not. But after a reset, the light never came up again

Does this means that there was actually no fault?
Re: Check Engine Light Question For Expert by arsenal4va(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2010
Re: Check Engine Light Question For Expert by oaustin(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2010
He used the same tool he used in scanning thru the system to reset the CEL
I have driveren the Car for about 1 day (maybe about 30miles but not sure)
Re: Check Engine Light Question For Expert by ESEL: 3:55pm On May 27, 2010
The Check Engine Light comes up whenever the ECU detects a malfunction in any of the Car system. The light then triggers to alert the Driver. However, the fault can not be detected until a Diagnostic Machine is plugged to the OBD port and the code is read for interpretation by an Automobile Expert. It could be a minor problem though. One thing to note is that the light could come up for over a thousand reason.

Once the error is corrected and code cleared, the light will be permanently off till the ECU detects another error in the system.
Please avoid reseting the light without getting the problem corrected as this could mislead a Driver/Car Owner
Re: Check Engine Light Question For Expert by ESEL: 3:58pm On May 27, 2010
FOR YOUR MOBILE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE ON YOUR CARS, CALL 08035496482 or 08055673680. We will Diagnose your Car and get back your Car in good shape anywhere (Mobile Service).

Never Neglect Lights such as; CHECK ENGINE, ABS, SRS AIRBAG, MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, TRAC ON and the rest.

We are trained for all these.

Re: Check Engine Light Question For Expert by oaustin(m): 12:18pm On May 28, 2010
Thanks Man!
As discussed, I will make out time to come and see your workshop.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Car That Would Go For Around A 100,000 / Need Help Wit A Good Honda Mechanic / AUTHENTIC DUTY........DUTIABLE CARS...............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.