Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website (2759 Views)

Find Out The Problems That Can Increase The Risk Of The Higher Bounce Rate / How Codemint Reduced Bounce Rate By 50% In Six Weeks. / 7 Tips To Help You Build A Successful And Trending Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by 24hoursreporter: 5:24pm On May 25, 2018
Bounce Rate is one of the factors Google uses to rank your website for Search engine. When the bounce rate of your blog is good, it speaks about the quality of your website. As a result, Google will always give special consideration to your website during Search Engine ranking. However, this article will enlighten you on how to reduce bounce rate on your blog.

When you have a low bounce rate, your website will definitely rank high on Google search result page. Also, when the bounce rate is high, your google ranking will definitely drop. And a high bounce rate is an indication that ranking is the least of your problem.

So, the tips we will be sharing here will help you reduce bounce rate on your blog and keep your visitors for a long time. Oh! Let me explain the meaning of bounce rate before i proceed

What is a Bounce Rate?
Bounce Rate is the number of visitors who view only one page on your website and leave. When your bounce rate is high, it is an indication that your homepage is boring and you need to fix it. It is the single page session divided by all page sessions of your website.

Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate

#1 Make Navigation easy on your blog

This is one of the easiest ways to reduce bounce rate on your blog. Your homepage should be designed in a way that will enable visitors navigate to other websites.

Ordinarily, your website should have two navigation bars – Above the header bars and side bar. Above the header bar provides links to all other pages on your website. This bar makes people to spend more time on your website as they will always want to navigate to other session.

Also, the sidebar is located at the top right corner of most website. With this, you can easily find relevant posts on your blog’s archives.

#2 Make Every Page Relevant

This is another area people get it wrong. When you make all the pages of your blog relevant, the bounce rate will definitely reduce. So,ensure that every single page of your blog is useful, interesting and well laid out.

Remember, your blog visitors can be in any of the pages at any time depending on what search result show them. Making every page relevant will reduce bounce rate on your blog.

#3 Easy Design

Avoid cluttered designs on your blog. When your website is simple, your visitors can easily find what they seek on it. Also, try and put navigation bar in every page of your website.

#4 Write Engaging Contents

Engaging contents will make visitors spend more time on your blog, thus reducing the bounce rate. Ensure that your contents are very unique and engaging. They should be write ups that will seduce your visitors to read further.

In writing an engaging content, emphasis should be on your introduction. This is due to the fact that a good introduction sustains readership.

#5 Embed Related Videos From YouTube

After writing a quality article for your blog, try to embed videos related to the topic from YouTube. This will make your visitors to spend more time on that session as they will be watching the video after reading the content. If you are consistent about this, it will definitely reduce bounce rate on your blog.

#6 Interlink Related Articles

Interlinking related articles is another good way to reduce bounce rate on your blog. Ordinarily, the more time visitors spend on your website, the better the bounce rate. So, Interlinking related articles is one of the ways of keeping visitors on your website for a long time.

When you interlink articles, people visiting your website can easily check other contents, thereby spending more time on your website. This will ostensibly reduce bounce rate on.

#7 Regular Updates

A good way to reduce bounce rate is to update your website regularly. So, try to post at least one article on your blog a day. With this, people who visit your blog by mistake can stay a little longer navigating through other articles.

Generally, it is very easy to reduce the bounce rate on your blog. Its all about improving the users’ experience on your website. People tend to spend more time on your website when the user experience is awesome.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/05/25/7-tips-how-reduce-bounce-rate-your-website/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 25, 2018
That's exactly what we've done and attained a bounce rate of 3.55% overall. grin
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by SolutionMee: 7:19am On May 26, 2018
cry

Truth

But sometimes, an immediate bounce is a sure sign of a bot

This is more technically threatening

If you know you know
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by kelvine(m): 7:19am On May 26, 2018
Thanks for the information.
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by Brownshugar69: 7:19am On May 26, 2018
I thought they want to bounce Buhari out of Aso rock. #shomoagemini
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by ViaFast: 7:22am On May 26, 2018
cool
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by Wasky101: 7:24am On May 26, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by Optmus(m): 7:24am On May 26, 2018
G
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by Uniqueteco(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2018
Thank God for This sensible post
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by SoNature(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2018
If there is no #4, I would say that this OP doesn't know what he's saying. Content is truly king
Big names like NYTIMES, Economists, etc. ask people to pay for reading news on their website.

I think nytimes has some of the best writers in the world

After reading one news, you want to read another
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:51am On May 26, 2018
Thanks OP

At www.brainnewsradio.com have been able to practice all your listed points above on it. My bounce rate is awesome, same with my search engine ranking.
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by ednut1(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2018
Bt u hv a 43% bounce rate according to alexa angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by 24hoursreporter: 9:03am On May 26, 2018
kelvine:
Thanks for the information.

You welcome Bro!
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by moneyadulttube: 10:08am On May 26, 2018
With the kind of websites on my signature you won't experience bounce rates.

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by akeentech(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2018
Wasky101:
Ok
Only bloggers comment on such

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by biggy26: 11:24am On May 26, 2018
I had that slight experience with my blog. But never experienced it here: www.poontoe.com it's always amazing!
Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by zeanslim(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2018
check how I maintained a low bounce rate on www.trendytechbuzz.com

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2018
Thanks for such a nice post wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website by 24hoursreporter: 3:28pm On May 26, 2018
SolutionMee:
cry

Truth

But sometimes, an immediate bounce is a sure sign of a bot

This is more technically threatening

If you know you know

True, you are very correct.

(1) (Reply)

Naijaloaded And NL Full Codes,scripts And Template / Professional Online Forum For You For Just N5500 / Learn How To Design A Bulk Sms Website For As Low As N5,500.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.