Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up (15571 Views)

SP Benjamin Hundeyin Advises Ladies Who Send Nudes To Their Lovers / Fraudster Who Lures Ladies To Hotels For Sex, Robbery Arrested In Katsina (Photo / Woman Raped And Shot By Armed Robbers Narrates Her Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by correctbae: 6:55pm On May 25, 2018
Domestic Violence is so rampant in the society now. Many are dying in silence trying to protect their relationship, many have Voiced out and walk away from such relationships. @astrog1rll who is a victim of domestic violence in her relationship has decided to share her story six months after her awful experience with her ex boyfriend of 3years. She had tried covering up but she felt hurt the more, she lied to her mum she fell down the stairs but now she feels her silence is enough. 

She tweets :

TW: Domestic Violence 

It’s taken so much strength for me to even type this all out. These photos are from January, today I finally decided to call the police on my abuser. 

I didn’t post this for sympathy. I posted this bc I feel like I’ve been silencing my voice for someone who doesn’t love me. Abuse isn’t love.This for anybody whose felt so weak inside & tried to remain tough convincing themselves they could never be that girl.

In 6 months I’ve only confided in 1 person. It eats at me almost everyday, this man is somebody that is admired by the people around us & ive gotten to see all of his demons. Im tired of it, I’m tired of appearin stronger than I’ve actually been. Speak up. Dont suffer in silence.

My chin was one inch from being so busted I had to get stitches. I walked around with a huge bandage for weeks not telling anyone what happened. Told my mom I fell going up some stairs. Why because I knew I wasn’t going to leave him alone. I felt bad. I thought it could be fixed.

I edited photos where my scar couldn’t be seen. I couldn’t accept that this was my reality. That. I fell in love with someone like that. I permanently have a scar there now. 

The hardest part about leaving is accepting that this is even your reality. I convinced myself it was just a ‘hurdle’. We were together 3 years this all happened 6 months ago. YOU DONT DELIBERATLY PICK ABUSERS. ITS NOT YOUR FAULT.

Another thing I wanna say is you can’t give someone a pass just bc they do a lot of things for you. That was a man I could call in any situation he’d be there no doubt. Rob, kill, & steal for me but what does that mean if you STILL not safe,at the hands of them?

There’s not one specific abuser. The guy that wants to take you around the world can hit you. The one that wants to show you off can hit you. The ones that vent to you can hit you. They not all walking around like ‘come here bitch!’ all day.

https://correctbae.ng/2018/05/25/abuse-isnt-love-speak-up-dont-suffer-in-silence-domestic-violence-survivor-shares-her-experience/

1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Lazyreporta(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2018
Dominique

Come and see this kind of news oo embarassed
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by hezy4real01(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
You sef too de find trouble
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Edimogb: 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
is this one news?
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by iamprofralph: 7:17pm On May 25, 2018
No wonder feminism is on the rise, the way men behave especially when it has to do with domestic violence is so pathetic, uncalled for.......

#saynotodomesticviolence

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Katier00(f): 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
Don't just physical abuse but emotional, verbal, spiritual, and financial abuse. Always speak up, this include men too cos they go through that too

8 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Badtman(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2018
iamprofralph:
No wonder feminism is on the rise, the way men behave especially when it has to do with domestic violence is so pathetic, uncalled for.......

#saynotodomesticviolence

Bro the way some ladies also behave can let devil use men , some wont cheat but they will have group of male friends calling , chating with em , some are arrogant while the remaining are insultive but no matter the situation NO to Domestic Violence

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by IamPlato(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2018

How Many Times Will This Hit homeFront
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by remedies4a(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2018
Wickedness in the highest order. Thank God you got out alive. All that glitters is not gold. If you talk now dem go say you are broke and not a real man. Whats the point of having all the supposed goodies then try to cover the stitches?
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by ednut1(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2018
After all said and done. She would go back to the guy
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by kachi105(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2018
God help ur ppl oo domestic violence taking lives...
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by marttol: 7:36pm On May 25, 2018
tongue

karma is a bitch

The spirit of the guys you turned down is haunting you deal with it, shey big he must be rich, handsome, bearded them gang and god fearing, deal with it and stop crying foul here.
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2018
iamprofralph:

#saynotodomesticviolence

That picture speaks about only one aspect of domestic violence.

There are different forms of spousal abuse. You can't be condemning one (Physical abuse) all the time and expect domestic violence to be eradicated.

The keyword is respect. There are people who abuse their partners financially. They may not hit their wives/husbands, but they are also guilty of one form of domestic violence known as economic abuse.

There are people who punish their wives/husbands by denying them sex. This abuse is called emotional abuse.

There are some who nag their wives/husbands and use insulting words to pass across their grievances. This is called verbal abuse.

There are some who belittle their wives/husbands. This is called psychological abuse.

So, it is not until you raise your hands against a woman/man that you are guilty of domestic violence.

Shutting your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend out of the house because you want to punish them is a form of domestic violence.

Refusing to respect your spouse's opinions is another form of domestic violence.

Walking out on your spouse is another form of domestic violence.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Godhead4(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2018
Why are there few comments everywhere
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by xcolanto(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2018
Women can like to over dramatise things. Just that small cut on her jaw and she is acting like they slit her troat.

So much drama slay queen these days just to castigate the male folks and have the locked up. Am sure she was tunting, huffing and puffing in the argument that lead to the altercation, so she got served. Suck it up woman!

Metchewww!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2018
marttol:

tongue

karma is a bitch

The spirit of the guys you turned down is haunting you deal with it, shey big he must be rich, handsome, bearded them gang and god fearing, deal with it and stop crying foul here.
This is crap, the acclaim guys she turned down her innocent abi?

Karma is a crap.
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by BlackHatNaija: 8:12pm On May 25, 2018
Many don't live to tell the story. I always say it, once he displays an animalistic threats, don't walk away, run away!
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by tradepunter: 8:30pm On May 25, 2018
We conduct background checks and professional advice on how to handle various forms of risk to life and property, be it business or personal relationship.

Please ladies and gentlemen don't hesitate to reach us because our team of
experienced professionals have what it takes to ensure your safety and welfare.

For security reason it's best you contact via the nairaland mailing system and we would get back to you.
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by jashar(f): 8:36pm On May 25, 2018
Who's coming with rope to tie up some people here?

Some comments are really disturbing....
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 25, 2018
Provoke him to anger, watch him loose his temper, let him hit/maim you then take selfies.

Yeah.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 25, 2018
I know yall would blame the Guy. What i know is that women are as capable of violence as men are. What we have nowadays are women who arent women but caricature of d female species. domestic violence is not men's problems alone, but also the women. What caused the beating she no go talk d@ one. Women are not clamouring for gender equality but special priviledges.

Anyways , na ulna sabi. Am peacefully sipping my glass full of henney.
#MGTOW_4_life.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by iamprofralph: 12:01am On May 26, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

That picture speaks about only one aspect of domestic violence.

There are different forms of spousal abuse. You can't be condemning one (Physical abuse) all the time and expect domestic violence to be eradicated.

The keyword is respect. There are people who abuse their partners financially. They may not hit their wives/husbands, but they are also guilty of one form of domestic violence known as economic abuse.

There are people who punish their wives/husbands by denying them sex. This abuse is called emotional abuse.

There are some who nag their wives/husbands and use insulting words to pass across their grievances. This is called verbal abuse.

There are some who belittle their wives/husbands. This is called psychological abuse.

So, it is not until you raise your hands against a woman/man that you are guilty of domestic violence.

Shutting your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend out of the house because you want to punish them is a form of domestic violence.

Refusing to respect your spouse's opinions is another form of domestic violence.

Walking out on your spouse is another form of domestic violence.

In other words, there are types of abuse
1. Domestic
2. Emotional
3. Financial
4. Sexual
5. Ignoring
6. Verbal
Etc
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by iamprofralph: 12:04am On May 26, 2018
Badtman:

Bro the way some ladies also behave can let devil use men , some wont cheat but they will have group of male friends calling , chating with em , some are arrogant while the remaining are insultive but no matter the situation NO to Domestic Violence

You absolutely right but beating does not change the ladies actions. So many times you let something's go looking the other side after so much talk anyway
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:12am On May 26, 2018
iamprofralph:

In other words, there are types of abuse
1. Domestic

2. Emotional
3. Financial
4. Sexual
5. Ignoring
6. Verbal
Etc

"Domestic" relates to the running of a home or to family relations. (Wiki entry on "Domestic" ).

Domestic violence therefore means violence within the home or concerning family relations. Another term for domestic violence is spousal abuse.

The forms it takes are:

1. Physical

2. Verbal

3. Emotional

4. Economic

5. Psychological
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Experience, Advises Ladies To Speak Up by iamprofralph: 8:37am On May 26, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

"Domestic" relates to the running of a home or to family relations. (Wiki entry on "Domestic" ).

Domestic violence therefore means violence within the home or concerning family relations. Another term for domestic violence is spousal abuse.

The forms it takes are:

1. Physical

2. Verbal

3. Emotional

4. Economic

5. Psychological

Psychological abuse covers all forms of abuse (economic, verbal, emotional, physical etc)

(1) (Reply)

Okwudilli "Dilly" Umenyiora Was A Yahoo Boy And Fraudster / DHQ: We Bombed Terrorists In Nasarawa Not Innocent Herdsmen / Smuggling: Customs In Ogun Seize 944 Cartons Of Poultry Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.