Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me (1456 Views)

Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead / Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
I am a part time student from the department of mathematics (statistics) of the University of Lagos, Akoka. It is now glaring to my eyes that my lecturer is trying all means to victimize me. The said lecturer, started her lectures very late and decided to rush classes after which she scheduled her exam at a date not convenient for the class. we met her as a class and she changed the date, unknowingly to me the date was later changed to the previous date and this was announced through the classrep to the class a day to the exam. after much explanation and begging from the class of my unintentional absence, she turned deaf ears and still gave them the exam. after getting the information that the exam was written in my absence, i called the lecturer, wrote to the head of department but did not get a positive answer. To my greatest surprise, the result was posted, only to realize that i was given zero (F) in the exam she intentionally made me miss. I was a 5 point candidate but right now, i dont see myself getting distinction anymore. Please advise me

1 Like

Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Affable0709(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2018
Thought you merely carried over? just wait to rewrite it next year dear. Nobody is really victimizing.. what level?
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 25, 2018
Thought you merely carried over?
just wait to rewrite it next year dear.
Nobody is really victimizing..
what level?
PGD
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by PlsBanMe: 9:18pm On May 25, 2018
Drop her name
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Jackossky(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2018
But what were you expecting to have when it is glaring you didn't partook in the exam for whatever reasons you have.
Seems like you are victimising yourself. You expect her to halt the exam because you were not in school.
She has a tenable defence, which is, she informed everyone prior the exam date which you were aware of.
Now, you ought to be beefing your class rep and not the lecturer.
Misplaced beefing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 4:35am On May 26, 2018
Now I understand why Buhari called you lazy Nigerian youth.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by braimeddy: 6:06am On May 26, 2018
If u were the only one that missed the exam, then don't blame the lecturer.

1 Like

Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by otokx(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2018
Part Time programs in Nigeria are messed up, the lecturers are paid handsomely but prefer to merge the part time students with the full time students thus killing 2 birds with one stone. Most times the issue of scheduling is always a problem between the students and the lecturers. Examination scheduling is normally done by the department/faculty and if that was properly done then you do not have a case. Most times even at regular programs students always complain with their examination scheduling. There is no clear case of victimization here.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by virud: 11:40am On May 26, 2018
An exam may not be rescheduled unless about 20 % or so of the intended students are affected.

That was why the exam was rescheduled initially. At this point, I seem not to see the alleged 'victimization' . You can't force your lecturers to reschedule exams simply because the timing is inconvenient for you.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 26, 2018
You guys dont seems to understand...the lecturer is selfish here, the exam date was suddenly changed because she had the intention to travel out of the country sooner than she thought... My phone was bad as at the day she changed the exam date and that was why my classmate couldnt reach me and secondly, she changed the date a day to the exam. Most of the students that wrote the exam failed the exam due to lack of preparation... She threatened the students of coming next year to write the exam, that was why they wrote the exam... one even claimed he got the information the morning of the exam... If i am unserious will i get up to 5 points?....
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 26, 2018
listen, it wasnt as if the HOD did not do anything...the course was shifted from 2nd semester to first semester considering the fact that the lecturer was very wrong. We are already done with the lecture of which i will write the exam in 3 weeks time. My complain is that she was not suppose to give me zero,
i expected her to write absent, since i was not present for the exam. So next time, you ask questions before concluding, because it is obvious you read but lack understanding
Jackossky:
But what were you expecting to have when it is glaring you didn't partook in the exam for whatever reasons you have.
Seems like you are victimising yourself. You expect her to halt the exam because you were not in school.
She has a tenable defence, which is, she informed everyone prior the exam date which you were aware of.
Now, you ought to be beefing your class rep and not the lecturer.
Misplaced beefing
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 26, 2018
i never said the timing was inconvinient for me, i said it was inconvinient for tge class and that was why we met her for a reschedule of which she agreed on by giving us her date. But the date was suddenly changed a day to her previous date of which most students were not ready for the exam. But my case was different because my phone was bad and there was no way the date would have been communicated to me. Listen,
assuming i got the info an hour to the exam, even without reading i would have gotten an A. Giving me F and her last class i attended last 2 weeks confimed the fact that she is trying hard to victimize me
virud:
An exam may not be rescheduled unless about 20 % or so of the intended students are affected.

That was why the exam was rescheduled initially. At this point, I seem not to see the alleged 'victimization' . You can't force your lecturers to reschedule exams simply because the timing is inconvenient for you.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 26, 2018
I bet people like you read courses like social work,
linguistic,...if you come to my departmen, you will spend all your years carrying over course, because you lack common sense. Go learn a trade
InsideNyash:
Now I understand why Buhari called you lazy Nigerian youth.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 26, 2018
i was not the only, we are 2,but the other person is not bothered
braimeddy:
If u were the only one that missed the exam, then don't blame the lecturer.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 26, 2018
PGD
Affable0709:
what level?
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 26, 2018
PGD and im not carrying it over cause the HOD shifted the course from second semester to first semester,
i will be writing the exam in 3 weeks time. i dont have any carryover, that was why i expected her to write absent instead of F
Affable0709:
what level?

1 Like

Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by virud: 10:11pm On May 26, 2018
forever24:
i never said the timing was inconvinient for me, i said it was inconvinient for tge class and that was why we met her for a reschedule of which she agreed on by giving us her date. But the date was suddenly changed a day to her previous date of which most students were not ready for the exam. But my case was different because my phone was bad and there was no way the date would have been communicated to me. Listen,
assuming i got the info an hour to the exam, even without reading i would have gotten an A. Giving me F and her last class i attended last 2 weeks confimed the fact that she is trying hard to victimize me

Your phone was bad, was it her fault?
You assumed that the rescheduling was meant to haunt you (careless at best) but information managed to get to your classmates still?

If you want to seek redress , you should have your facts right. Going to your school authority with some scrupulous sentimental speculations (as you've narrated here) will definitely destroy whatever chance you think you've got.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
this was the same thing i took to the school management and they rescheduled the course to be for this semester...pls stop talking like the missed exam was my fault, that has been resolved a long time ago... the problem is the f she gave me instead of writing absent...
virud:

You assumed that the rescheduling was meant to haunt you (careless at best) but information managed to get to your classmates still?

If you want to seek redress , you should have your facts right. Going to your school authority with some scrupulous sentimental speculations (as you've narrated here) will definitely destroy whatever chance you think you've got.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by virud: 11:29pm On May 26, 2018
forever24:
this was the same thing i took to the school management and they rescheduled the course to be for this semester...pls stop talking like the missed exam was my fault, that has been resolved a long time ago... the problem is the f she gave me instead of writing absent...
Alright then.
BTW, every school has its rules and regulations, it's modus operandi, it's grading system. In some schools though, absenteeism in any exam is automatically converted to a fail.
Find out what works in your school and push ahead.
Good luck.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by braimeddy: 11:49pm On May 26, 2018
I don't think the senate or whatever will listen to your plea since those that miss the exam are not much. There's nothing u can do about it. The more u linger, the more u re being noticed and it's not good. Just be patient and write the carry over next year.
forever24:
i was not the only, we are 2,but the other person is not bothered
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Jackossky(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2018
forever24:
listen, it wasnt as if the HOD did not do anything...the course was shifted from 2nd semester to first semester considering the fact that the lecturer was very wrong. We are already done with the lecture of which i will write the exam in 3 weeks time. My complain is that she was not suppose to give me zero,
i expected her to write absent, since i was not present for the exam. So next time, you ask questions before concluding, because it is obvious you read but lack understanding

So says someone whose intelligence could not comprehend the importance of keeping abreast of academic info.
Your fault, not mine.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:09am On May 27, 2018
thanks alot, will do that
virud:

Alright then.
BTW, every school has its rules and regulations, it's modus operandi, it's grading system. In some schools though, absenteeism in any exam is automatically converted to a fail.
Find out what works in your school and push ahead.
Good luck.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:12am On May 27, 2018
The case of the missed exam had been rectified already, i shall write the exam in 3 weeks time so it is not a carryover course passay...My problem is that she gave me zero for the exam i didnot write instead of absent...
braimeddy:
I don't think the senate or whatever will listen to your plea since those that miss the exam are not much. There's nothing u can do about it. The more u linger, the more u re being noticed and it's not good. Just be patient and write the carry over next year.
Re: My Lecturer Is Victimizing Me by Nobody: 9:17am On May 27, 2018
was she suppose to change the exam date in less than 24 hours to the exam? I am a post graduate tudent please, a part time student...you really sound like an undergraduate that dont know his right...
virud:

(1) (Reply)

See What Is Happening To NTI PGDE 2017 Set Result. / Nans Calls For Immediate Suspension Of Lecturer In Ace, Ondo For Assault / Tai Solarin University Of Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.