Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (21201 Views)

My Landlord And I / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Atk1nson(m): 4:54am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:
This post must not be moved to tje front page. This woman is a liar. No money was inside your shop. Stop lying. This is what u tenants say when landlord forcefully evicts you

The Landlord shouldn't have forcefully removed the doors to her shop and left here trade items unsecured. He is wholly responsible for anything that happened when that place became unsecured even when he was not responsible for the theft

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by roqrules04(m): 4:54am On May 26, 2018
It will be better to share this on Instablog
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by NoToPile: 5:01am On May 26, 2018
greggng:

We are just deceiving ourselves by saying we are one Nigeria. Tribalism is not helping this nation. The day we realise that bad people are found in every tribe, that will be the beginning of a new Nigeria. Let me give you an example. I have a 3bedroom flat which I gave a Yoruba friend who act as my agent to rent out. One day I visited a bar to enjoy my usual catfish pepper soup and I over heard some men discussing the attitude of the agent. According to them he refused to rent the house to any igbo person except a Yoruba person. No concrete reason was given except hatred. I listened to all their discussion and I confronted him to convince me why an igbo man cannot rent my house.....nothing concrete except hatred. So I got angry and decided to handle the matter myself . I went ahead to rent the house to an igbo man and he had lived their now for 6years without any issues. The point I am making is that no tribe is better than the other....and we 've bad people in every tribe. As far as shop renting and business is concern igbo people remains the best . That is why the survive in their businesses. Must shop rented by y orubas they cannot continue payment after one year. I have evidence of all the shops around me they 've left after just a year. They feel comfortable increasing it as they like when other tribes are occupying it. To narrow it down to the subject matter, the landlord has no right to break into your shop. There are due processes that must be followed to finally quit a tenant irrespective of his tribe. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. The woman has every right to claim anything inasmuch as she has evidence that her shop was broken. Now that she has reported the matter to the police, they should get that landlord arrested immediately .she should get a good lawyer . That man must learn a hard lesson .

No vex bro

Tribalism is bad in all honesty but experience is what makes people say they won't rent out to this or that tribe, it has nothing to do with hatred.

When something seems to be common with a particular set of people that's how we have sterotypes.

Some of the complaints I have gathered range from

1. Not paying subsequent rent when the first rent is due and not leaving the property.
2. Subleting
3. Not taking care of the house it's mostly a wreck by the time they leave
4. Every small matter is straight to police station, no dialogue and you know nobody fancies court case.

But then anyone from any tribe can still do all these.

@topic she should have left since, when an issue is getting to jazz/ charms level e get as e be besides Landlord tenant wahala is quite difficult to intefere.

Every brutal landlord you see out there was taught by a tenant so I personally don't blame landlords.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 5:45am On May 26, 2018
Swargu:

He has investigated na, it's a lie. How would someone leave 170k inside her shop, that tactic is stale now.
What's your problem?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by babytolu28(f): 5:53am On May 26, 2018
From your story, u look like a trouble maker madam. Why on earth will you keep 170k in your shop? Also, u claimed to have goods worth over 800k, that’s a fat lie. You have been having issues with your landlord for over a year, and you still want to remain in that shop. Leave Amode and police commissioner out of this. My advise, don’t mortgage your life, get a shop elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05am On May 26, 2018
Drop your mobile number for better clarifications.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Ikpongiton: 6:13am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:
If we investigate well now, she may be the one at fault, its very hard to side tenants, let's hear the side of the landlord angry
shylock landlord spotted .
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Ikpongiton: 6:17am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:
This post must not be moved to tje front page. This woman is a liar. No money was inside your shop. Stop lying. This is what u tenants say when landlord forcefully evicts you
this one sound like real yakuda
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 6:36am On May 26, 2018
greggng:

We are just deceiving ourselves by saying we are one Nigeria. Tribalism is not helping this nation. The day we realise that bad people are found in every tribe, that will be the beginning of a new Nigeria. Let me give you an example. I have a 3bedroom flat which I gave a Yoruba friend who act as my agent to rent out. One day I visited a bar to enjoy my usual catfish pepper soup and I over heard some men discussing the attitude of the agent. According to them he refused to rent the house to any igbo person except a Yoruba person. No concrete reason was given except hatred. I listened to all their discussion and I confronted him to convince me why an igbo man cannot rent my house.....nothing concrete except hatred. So I got angry and decided to handle the matter myself . I went ahead to rent the house to an igbo man and he had lived their now for 6years without any issues. The point I am making is that no tribe is better than the other....and we 've bad people in every tribe. As far as shop renting and business is concern igbo people remains the best . That is why the survive in their businesses. Must shop rented by y orubas they cannot continue payment after one year. I have evidence of all the shops around me they 've left after just a year. They feel comfortable increasing it as they like when other tribes are occupying it. To narrow it down to the subject matter, the landlord has no right to break into your shop. There are due processes that must be followed to finally quit a tenant irrespective of his tribe. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. The woman has every right to claim anything inasmuch as she has evidence that her shop was broken. Now that she has reported the matter to the police, they should get that landlord arrested immediately .she should get a good lawyer . That man must learn a hard lesson .

By the way, there is no issue of tribalism here because I'm yoruba and the Landlord and all those who conspired against me are yoruba too.

Just because I refused to be extorted by the Iyalode as she used to illegally extort money & goods from other shops & stalls, she hated me & conspired against me by spoiling my name without just cause.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by kullozone(m): 6:56am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:

Thank you my sister, an hair dresser like this woman locked our shop for almost a year without paying and she refused to come pack her things.

Stop judging with sentiment and emotions. I have tenants as well and I know their wahala, but you should wait to hear the other side of the story, (just like the person you quoted said) before concluding.

No matter what happened, breaking her shop without taking legal steps to evict her is a crime thoughsmiley

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by MrBigiman: 6:57am On May 26, 2018
U cash on the Lagos states loopsided tenancy rule. I know tenant who remain in properties 1 year after, even when they are supposed to evacuate. They keep claiming they have no money yet etc. You must be Igbo, go to court everyday and see the number of Igbos humiliating Landlords, who went through sweat and blood to acquire properties.

If ur properties and monies where really moved, which is hard to believe, then my condolences. You should have used that amount to rent a property instead of holding on to someones house.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 7:06am On May 26, 2018
MrBigiman:
U cash on the Lagos states loopsided tenancy rule. I know tenant who remain in properties 1 year after, even when they are supposed to evacuate. They keep claiming they have no money yet etc. You must be Igbo, go to court everyday and see the number of Igbos humiliating Landlords, who went through sweat and blood to acquire properties.

If ur properties and monies where really moved, which is hard to believe, then my condolences. You should have used that amount to rent a property instead of holding on to someones house.

I'm yoruba & the Landlord is yoruba too. I wonder why people are turning it into a tribal issue & twisting the issues.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by adetayoonas(m): 7:11am On May 26, 2018
The tenant in question is telling big lies
In this jet age
How can u keep 170k in a shop
When did u turn your shop to a bank
When he was breaking d shop
Nobody called u in the vicinity for u to come and monitor your property
This is very wrong
Judges don't believe tenants with this kind of story again cos that's their normal way of telling lies
Tenants should leave when landlords reject their money

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by UfuomaUN(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Madam

You sure you have evidence to prove 170k was inside your shop? Where did that money come from? Did you withdraw it from a bank or ATM? The judge will ask you this questions in court.
If you are igbo, I will NEVER support you laye laye cause your people are experts in cheating landlords in Lagos. You commit unimaginable atrocities with somebody else's property. Show us your last receipt? A landlord will never dare to treat you the way you described if you are a paying tenant and your payment is up to date. Landlords respect tenants who respect themselves

I don't trust your story, sorry.

This is why I hate nairaland! You can't even analyse without bringing an ethnic undertone. Nigeria has no hope...

I'm tired

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 7:17am On May 26, 2018
front5line:

I am mystified ! I tot Igbo owned 110% of Lagos.

Where is that picture of Lagos landlord n Igbo tenant ?

Abeg no killi me with lafta.

cc Immhotep lzaa hope you IYANMIRIN are following proceedings here?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 7:26am On May 26, 2018
Imole477:

Planning to get another shop before this incident happened.

Get another shop. Your safety and the safety of your child is paramount. I wish you the very best.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 7:27am On May 26, 2018
MrBigiman:

Bros, as a landlord in Lagos, I find myself dealing with this horrible people all the time. I have warmed my agent to keep my houses and shops empty rather than put an igbo there. I havw been in the business for 10 years and have rented to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. The igbos are just terrible. ....terrible people both male and female. I should be on my way to retirement now but I have to stay in work just so I can afford to keep my properties empty if need be. Igbo tenants are bad news and you must be ready to break the law and rough handle them.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 7:29am On May 26, 2018
UfuomaUN:

This is why I hate nairaland! You can't even analyse without bringing an ethnic undertone. Nigeria has no hope...

I'm tired

Truth is bitter, I know.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by MrBigiman: 7:30am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Bros, as a landlord in Lagos, I find myself dealing with this horrible people all the time. I have warmed my agent to keep my houses and shops empty rather than put an igbo there. I havw been in the business for 10 years and have rented to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. The igbos are just terrible. ....terrible people both male and female. I should be on my way to retirement but I have to stay in work just so I can't afford to keep my properties empty if need be. Igbo tenants are bad news and you must be ready to break the law and rough handle them.

Hearing this from a second witness makes me feel I am correct without bias. I wonder why a tribe would be so cruel and heartless. Some even do loud fellowships and prayers in houses they refused to pay the rent.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Smooyis(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2018
Under whatever guise, the Landlord has no right to break into any one's apartment. This is most unfair. You cannot take the law into your hands and expect the law to be on your side. The landlord is in deep trouble if a good lawyer is hired shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 7:36am On May 26, 2018
greggng:

Police arrest who? I have decided that me and my boys are going to rough handle and bundle out any nonsense IGBO tenant who mess with me. I am done with due process with IGBO tenants. The people have very bad reputation.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 7:39am On May 26, 2018
Smooyis:
Under whatever guise, the Landlord has no right to break into any one's apartment. This is most unfair. You cannot take the law into your hands and expect the law to be on your side. The landlord is in deep trouble if a good lawyer is hired shocked shocked shocked

Na lie, can she even afford a good lawyer? How many of these defaulting stubborn tenants can hire a good lawyer?
The landlord too will equally get a good lawyer. The moment she claimed she had 170k in the shop I knew she is a big liar.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2018
UfuomaUN:

I'm tired

Don't be tired, in your own little area of authority, rise above the ethnic undertones and operate with wisdom and in accordance with the rule of law.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by UfuomaUN(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Truth is bitter, I know.
If this is what you call truth, you're lost

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 8:34am On May 26, 2018
Smh
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On May 26, 2018
[my dear, just find your way out of that negative environment,as for those doubting her, pray u dont experience such, on feb this year, our landlord was notified about the demolition of his building, for the road construction at Oshodi.( we were using the downfloor for Office) this man collected his settlement without informing us, telling us they wont Touch the building, on the d-day machines just landed, that was when he told us to find our way o, that was when we discovered the man have removed most of his properties. Its by God's grace we managed to move our things that same day.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by overall90: 9:24am On May 26, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Can you get a shop within a month? In Lagos of all places?

you didn't notice that trouble have been brewing even before the quit notice.
so she should spend the time and resources she would have used to source for another shop in pursuing this case.
so after she has won the case,what happens?they will just shake hands and everything will return to normal.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by sammirano: 9:27am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:
If we investigate well now, she may be the one at fault, its very hard to side tenants, let's hear the side of the landlord angry

True, let's hear what you did.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by ireke(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2018
Imole477:

I'm yoruba & the Landlord is yoruba too. I wonder why people are turning it into a tribal issue & twisting the issues.

It's sad that some people have tribalized this matter.

In my opinion, You actually weakened your case when you did not describe or mention the details of what caused the initial confrontation in your first post. I am not a lawyer or a judge but that is usually a pointer to someone trying to play the victims card. I won't mention other weak points in your story so that I don't sound rude.

Having said the above, I will advice you to
1. take the matter to the office of the public defender at Alausa (www.opdlagos.org). While you are seeking public opinion, you can also ensure you are taking legal actions to make the landlord and his team answer for their actions.
2. Work with a lawyer to get your story straight and cover the loopholes. Focus on ensuring you have a water tight story and forget the need to get the other party in trouble and you will be surprised at how well things will turn out.

All the best.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by kullozone(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Bros, as a landlord in Lagos, I find myself dealing with this horrible people all the time. I have warmed my agent to keep my houses and shops empty rather than put an igbo there. I havw been in the business for 10 years and have rented to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. The igbos are just terrible. ....terrible people both male and female. I should be on my way to retirement now but I have to stay in work just so I can afford to keep my properties empty if need be. Igbo tenants are bad news and you must be ready to break the law and rough handle them.

But Igbo tenants rarely have issues with house rent na! Some of my tenants are Igbos and they pay on time, without me having to ask them for my money.
I have two Igbo tenants in thesame compound where I stay and they've both been here for four years, peacefully. Even When the pumping machine got spoilt, I told them we'd split the bill for repairs but one of them insisted on taking care of it alone.

Any time wey them travel sef, them dey always buy enough things come for me.

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by LZAA: 9:42am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:

cc Immhotep lzaa hope you IYANMIRIN are following proceedings here?
Of course
Afonjas are just being their natural selves
Jealousy dy do them
Cc iceberg3 pointzerom DaBullIT

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.