Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Silence Is Better Off Than A Thousand Words - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silence Is Better Off Than A Thousand Words (623 Views)

This Suffering Is Too Much, I'm Better Off Dead. / Editorial : Our Silence Is Not Cowardice By Prince Henry / Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Silence Is Better Off Than A Thousand Words by Tidamsel: 10:57pm On May 25, 2018
There's an old saying; "Speech is silver, Silence is gold". Sometimes silence is a really good answer and sometimes silence is the most important thing we can hear. I want you to know that silence isn't empty but it's full of answers.

Words may sting, but silence is what breaks the heart. Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart.( Mother Theresa).

In relationships distants ones to be precise; Distance doesn't separate people, silence does. That's why communication is one of the vital keys in a relationship be it far or near.

In the heat of an unnecessary argument when someone is not ready to accept your opinion it's advisable you keep silent else you'll be wasting your time and energy because it's of no worth. Nevertheless there are instances you shouldn't be silent about, like in a situation where you have to defend yourself. " When the whole world is silent even one voice becomes powerful" These simply means that despite silence being a powerful weapon there are some matters you should voice out and not keep silent about. Just like I stated earlier in a case of defence. There's a quote that says; our life's begins to end the day we become silent about things that matters.

In conclusion I will end with an interesting quote I love so much it says; "Meaningful silence is always better than Meaningless words".

(1) (Reply)

2step – “hold Something” / In Case You Missed / Sancoj Helps Its Users To Create A Meaningful And Purposeful Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.