Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt (940 Views)

Yimeeka – Smooth Criminal Ft. Pheelz Mp3 | Audio / How Michael Jackson Did The Famous "Forward Lean" In Smooth Criminal Video / How MJ Was Able To Tilt 45 Degrees In Smooth Criminal- Scientists Reveal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by obonujoker(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2018
A team of neurological surgeons have figured out howMichael Jackonachieved the gravity-defying, 45-degree forward tilt he performed live in front of thousands of screaming fans.

It turns out this "mind-boggling" dance move, first seen in the 1987"Smooth Criminal"video, was actually a clever illusion that entailed a great deal of core strength, alongside secret hooks and heels.

Fans were amazed and perplexed after seeing Jackson repeat the feat live on-stage, and completely fooled, although spinal experts can now describe, in detail, how it was biomechanically possible.

Writing in theJournal of Neurosurgery: Spine, the three neurosurgeons said: "Several fans, including the authors, have triedto copy this move and failed, often injuring themselves in their endeavours.

""You can bend a maximum of 25 or 30 degrees forward before you fall on your face," lead author Dr. Manjul Tripathi tellsCNN, "I tried to do it, and I fell."

A patent registered under Jackson's name reveals how the trick was achieved.

The 'King of Pop' had designed a special shoe with a triangular slot in the heel which hooked onto a metallic peg that emerged from the stage floor at just the right moment.This allowed him to lean forward at an impossible angle without collapsing in an undignified heap.

The authors stressed that despite the illusion, Jackson's physical abilities were nonetheless impressive.

"Even with specially designed footwear and the support of the hitch member, the move is incredibly hard to pull off," they wrote,"requiring athletic core strength from strengthened spinal muscles and lower-limb anti-gravity muscles."

"Trick or not, new forms of dancing inspired by MJ have begun to challenge our understanding of the modes and mechanisms of spinal injury.

"Ever since MJ entertained us with his fabulous moves, throughout the world dancers have tried to jump higher, stretch farther, and turn faster than ever before."

http://www.konbini.com/ng/entertainment/scientists-just-figured-out-how-michael-jackson-did-that-45-degree-smooth-criminal-tilt/

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala

The legend deserves a front page...

1 Share

Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by obonujoker(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2018
I remember when we were told that it was a demon that taught MJ how to dance... lol.... grin

Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by smartxyz(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2018
Wow
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by obonujoker(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2018
The Legend....

Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by spinna: 2:43pm On May 26, 2018
See a man diligent in His business. That went so far as to patent a mechanism towards creating a dance routine. Sleep well Baba Michael
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by Jokerman(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2018
At secondary school then, I and my friends normally try this move, buh dem no born us well to do am....

Michael will forever be a Legend....
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by pussygotlips: 2:47pm On May 26, 2018
fame but no money
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by Jokerman(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2018
obonujoker:
I remember when we were told that it was a demon that taught MJ how to dance... lol.... grin

Lol.... you was a deeper lifer ni abi na chosen mopol you be??
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by Jokerman(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2018
pussygotlips:
fame but no money
No wetin
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by obonujoker(m): 2:51pm On May 26, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol.... you was a deeper lifer ni abi na chosen mopol you be??

Lol.... none.... you??
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by pussygotlips: 3:01pm On May 26, 2018
Jokerman:

No wetin
I get money pass mj, he only get fame,sing pass me.
Shikena
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by decatalyst(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
pussygotlips:

I get money pass mj, he only get fame,sing pass me.

Shikena

Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by pussygotlips: 3:22pm On May 26, 2018
[quote author=decatalyst post=67900517][/quote]

Not bragging, but if you have the resource, investigate and trace obj 16 billion power project.
Re: Scientists Just Figured Out How Michael Jackson Did That 'smooth Criminal' Tilt by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Yeah .... I knew this before then I confirmed it when I watched one of his live performances and I saw that the dancers including Michael Jackson left the centre stage to the right side of the stage, the light went off and came on. Alas! They are all on the 45degrees lean. Just then I noticed one of the dancers when he wanted to continue dancing his shoe glued to the floor and he could not move properly though the mad dancer blended almost immediately with the choreography. That was when I knew something was crazily fishy grin
Those guys are good actually. They are world dancers

☣ ☠

(1) (Reply)

Tunde And Wunmi Obe Celebrate 30 Years Of Friendship And 20th Wedding Anniversar / Meet SS1 Student Who Constructs A Moving Car [photos] / Live Stream Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2018 (AMVCA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.