Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) - Fashion/Clothing Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion/Clothing Market / Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) (14564 Views)

Who Sells Sun Shades Around Here / Hi Nairalanders, Pls Who Sells Retin A In Nigeria And Neutrogena Sunscreen. / Who Sells Originai Neutrogena Products In Lagos Or Ijebu Ode??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2010
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by ubiaa5(f): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
fhemmy no time to post pix but the positively radiant moisturising lotion[body] and the oil tatase is talking about is everywhere aveeno products are sold.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 2:38am On Jun 09, 2010
chaircover:

Ah Femi I think that is a cultural thing o! People don't like disclosing prices. They are probably secretly hoping that if they don't tell me, I will charge less grin

Anyways the offer is still open, if they tell me the price I will consider if it is worth stocking. I ship every month so they are likely to get it by the middle of next month . . . .that's if the price is right wink

I never knew it was a cultural thing.
Even for my car buz, i buy, and i price based on what is profitable to me.
Though, we are more into Pre-Order.
Why not buy like 10 units and try the market with that?
You need to pay me for consultancy oh . . . . . . cool
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 2:39am On Jun 09, 2010
ubiaa5:

fhemmy no time to post pix but the positively radiant moisturising lotion[body] and the oil tatase is talking about is everywhere aveeno products are sold.

Which of the stores, maybe i could put some in the trunk of the cars shipped . . . . . . cool
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by ubiaa5(f): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Which of the stores, maybe i could put some in the trunk of the cars shipped . . . . . . cool
walmart,wallgreens,target,cvs also check the beauty session of ur local grocery store.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
chaircover:

You know Naija's generally like to price. They think that they can get things cheaper. Example Last week one lady in a sentence priced a N70k gown to 30K just like that.

I also notice that people don't display prices of the things that they sell. You have to walk up and ask them directly.

On the events thread I was asking how much those chaffing dishes cost to rent in Lagos. Only one guy responded asking me to privately YIM him angry
meanwhile these things are as common as muck in Lagos and in the events section you get all the caterers advertising but not one person was willing to give me a price of an item that they all use to serve food angry

My sister, i honestly cant be bothered with wahala of filling the trunk of the cars with stuff.
So all the rides so far has been empty upon shipping to Nigeria and the transit time for the rides are only 21 days.
I am just not really interested in the petty stuff, cos a sales that will give me like 20$$ is not really worth the wahala, cos the 20$$ will probably be used to bribe some yeye officer in Nigeria cos i have something in the trunk.
However, i wont mind to look into that idea and see what i can come up with.
Like most of my other stuff like Laptops and technological items are all shipped via Airline Cargo
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
ubiaa5:

walmart,wallgreens,target,cvs also check the beauty session of your local grocery store.

Will do and when i see anything, i will let you know, if i dont, you owe me fufu and ogbono.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by ubiaa5(f): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^ no wahala,will even throw in some gala tongue
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by ubiaa5(f): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
chaircover link=topic=452562.m ;Dsg6190179#msg6190179 date=1276192434:

ahhhhhh Ubiaa that was just nasty and way below the belt grin cheesy grin

Femi will be salivating now and drooling lala at the thought of gala cheesy
lol,that was my intention,wanted to put him back in the gala long throat mode. grin
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 1:30am On Jun 11, 2010
ubiaa5:

^^^ no wahala,will even throw in some gala tongue

Kai, now i know my enemies . . . . . I think it is time for me to run away from this thread . . . . . cry
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2010
chaircover:

ahhhhhh Ubiaa that was just nasty and way below the belt grin cheesy grin

Femi will be salivating now and drooling lala at the thought of gala cheesy

See how mean she is to me . . . . . God go judge oh
ubiaa5:

lol,that was my intention,wanted to put him back in the gala long throat mode. grin

Kaiiiiiiiii . . . . Mean
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Tatase(f): 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2010
chaircover:

How much do you people buy this product in Nigeria & how popular is it? Just checking to see if it is worthwhile sourcing this and stocking it
Fhemmmy:

Is it not funny that people want the product and yet they are not telling you how much they sell in Nigeria?
I will advice you to just found out the cost and you come and tell them how much you are willing to sell after doing your calculations, and if it is well, you buy if the potential is there.
How is the Chair Jare? keep covering it oh

chaircover:

You know Naija's generally like to price. They think that they can get things cheaper. Example Last week one lady in a sentence priced a N70k gown to 30K just like that.

I also notice that people don't display prices of the things that they sell. You have to walk up and ask them directly.

On the events thread I was asking how much those chaffing dishes cost to rent in Lagos. Only one guy responded asking me to privately YIM him  angry
meanwhile these things are as common as muck in Lagos and in the events section you get all the caterers advertising but not one person was willing to give me a price of an item that they all use to serve food  angry

Personally, I have no problems telling you the price in other shops, its not like it's a secret. In the end though, it's up to you to price things based on the amount of profit you're comfortable with after considering your costs.

I think ultimately a lot of things in Nigeria are overpriced (like if not, how can a 70K dress sell for 30K- I really don't know anything about retail, but doesn't it get to a point where if the price is not overinflated to begin with, it's just not worthwhile to sell below a certain price because you'd be making a huge loss?? I dunno sha. I'm terrible at pricing and I'm sure I must get cheated all the time so I wish sellers would just be fair and reasonable with the price. I mostly shop at shops where (I assume) there's no real opportunity to price so I either have the money and am willing to spend it, or I find a cheaper alternative.

But in reference to the unanswered price question, I finally, after work today, got a chance to check out some Aveeno product prices for you at a HealthPlus pharmacy. Here they are:

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream- N3250
Aveeno Daily Firming Moisturizing Lotion- N3250
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer (face)- N3250
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer (face)- N3250
Aveeno Cream (100ml)- N2170 (that's the one you're selling for N1500 at your shop, so you're priced wayyyy better).

Note: Knowing about how much Aveeno stuff costs abroad, the only prices I thought were even a bit fair were the 2 face moisturizers; I probably still would have to be really into Aveeno to spend that much though. Hope this helps.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2010
Tatase:

Personally, I have no problems telling you the price in other shops, its not like it's a secret. In the end though, it's up to you to price things based on the amount of profit you're comfortable with after considering your costs.

I think ultimately a lot of things in Nigeria are overpriced (like if not, how can a 70K dress sell for 30K- I really don't know anything about retail, but doesn't it get to a point where if the price is not overinflated to begin with, it's just not worthwhile to sell below a certain price because you'd be making a huge loss?? I dunno sha. I'm terrible at pricing and I'm sure I must get cheated all the time so I wish sellers would just be fair and reasonable with the price. I mostly shop at shops where (I assume) there's no real opportunity to price so I either have the money and am willing to spend it, or I find a cheaper alternative.

But in reference to the unanswered price question, I finally, after work today, got a chance to check out some Aveeno product prices for you at a HealthPlus pharmacy. Here they are:

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream- N3250
Aveeno Daily Firming Moisturizing Lotion- N3250
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer (face)- N3250
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer (face)- N3250
Aveeno Cream (100ml)- N2170 (that's the one you're selling for N1500 at your shop, so you're priced wayyyy better).

Note: Knowing about how much Aveeno stuff costs abroad, the only prices I thought were even a bit fair were the 2 face moisturizers; I probably still would have to be really into Aveeno to spend that much though. Hope this helps.

[b]
You have a done a great deal of work to give these prices.
Now lemme tell you why prices in Nigeria is high compared to other places.
1. We have useless government that just wanna milk and milk and yet do nothing with the money.
2. Cost of Transporting those goods aint cheap at all.

1. Imagine you buy something for 8$ in America and have to cost you like another 10$ to ship and to clear at the port, now that is 8$ and we have Naira that is as good as tissue papers, so do that math and see how much it would be.
I am very much into cars, so lemme use that as a scenario:
Imagine i wanna sell a 2010 Toyota Corolla to A and selling 2010 Camry to Mr. B
I will buy the Corolla for like 1000$$ lesser than the Camry, however, the clearing of both in Nigeria is over 1M Naira.
Now tell me how could the yeye govt be collecting 1M Naira on one car and yet we have a port that still uses paper and no technology there?
At the end of the day, people will complain that we charge too much for cars, but when you think of the shipping and clearing, what is left for the exporters like myself is not much.

So talk to the Nigeria govt and let us find a way to export what Nigerians need and make it affordable, cos we cant produce all these things anyways.[/b]
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Tatase(f): 1:17am On Jun 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[b]
You have a done a great deal of work to give these prices.
Now lemme tell you why prices in Nigeria is high compared to other places.
1. We have useless government that just wanna milk and milk and yet do nothing with the money.
2. Cost of Transporting those goods aint cheap at all.

1. Imagine you buy something for 8$ in America and have to cost you like another 10$ to ship and to clear at the port, now that is 8$ and we have Naira that is as good as tissue papers, so do that math and see how much it would be.
I am very much into cars, so lemme use that as a scenario:
Imagine i wanna sell a 2010 Toyota Corolla to A and selling 2010 Camry to Mr. B
I will buy the Corolla for like 1000$$ lesser than the Camry, however, the clearing of both in Nigeria is over 1M Naira.
Now tell me how could the yeye govt be collecting 1M Naira on one car and yet we have a port that still uses paper and no technology there?
At the end of the day, people will complain that we charge too much for cars, but when you think of the shipping and clearing, what is left for the exporters like myself is not much.

So talk to the Nigeria govt and let us find a way to export what Nigerians need and make it affordable, cos we cant produce all these things anyways.[/b]

No I totally get the challenges from a seller's point of view, with costs and making enough profit to make the business worthwhile but also look at it from a consumer's point of view, it gets to a point where the prices don't make sense anymore like compared to what you're getting from a product, so you're pretty willing to give someone you know who's travelling the money to buy you a bottle or two of your desired product and save yourself the hassle or look for an alternate cheaper product. And let's be honest, many sellers are QUITE exploitative with prices in order to make huge profits (200-500% of the cost), and they get away with it because there are people who will pay. And that's fine, and it is what it is, because ultimately, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything, but we're all suffering the same "Nigerian condition" and I don't have more of a voice with the government than you do. Believe me, I want your export to be affordable to you so that hopefully that affordability trickles down to me.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 2:55am On Jun 12, 2010
Tatase:

No I totally get the challenges from a seller's point of view, with costs and making enough profit to make the business worthwhile but also look at it from a consumer's point of view, it gets to a point where the prices don't make sense anymore like compared to what you're getting from a product, so you're pretty willing to give someone you know who's travelling the money to buy you a bottle or two of your desired product and save yourself the hassle or look for an alternate cheaper product. And let's be honest, many sellers are QUITE exploitative with prices in order to make huge profits (200-500% of the cost), and they get away with it because there are people who will pay. And that's fine, and it is what it is, because ultimately, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything, but we're all suffering the same "Nigerian condition" and I don't have more of a voice with the government than you do. Believe me, I want your export to be affordable to you so that hopefully that affordability trickles down to me.

I do understand where you are coming from.
But what would happen after the 2 bottles that a family or a friend brought back for you is done? tongue
I know some sellers charges outrageously and thus the reason we started the car business and exportation of Laptops, cos we wanna be able to make this things affordable to people, however, the buyers too needs to be reasonable
I have a dude pricing a 2007 Toyota Camry at 1.7M Naira . . . . Was that not an insult?
If the buyers could be reasonable, i am sure most sellers will be reasonable as well.

I think it is time that our culture get off the wagon of pricing till thy kingdom come, when i give a price, i have already done my homework and i dont expect the buyer to wanna knock off thousands, if we are like 5000 Naira apart, then, i might help, but not some insulting pricing.

Lol cool
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
chaircover:

@ Tatase Thanks you have done a great job.

It saddens me too to see how expensive some things can be in Nigeria however if the truth were to be told, at the end of the day it is not the seller who is picking up a large profit.

For example I have chosen not to go for cheaper Far Eastern less quality products, so I spend time personally sourcing and selecting the products (we all know that time costs money), Most of these products already have VAT slapped on them, they are shipped and have to be cleared by customs. Sometimes things are damaged or lost in transit. My last consignment was left in the rain and I had to greatly reduce some prices to even lower than cost price as well as throw away some stock as a result of this.

Don't forget that nearly everyone in Nigeria expects some kind of hand out/bribe from just for doing their jobs sometimes.

As a shop owner we pay rates, tax, security, staff costs, advertising, repairs & maintenance, as well as fuel costs to keep the gen running so customers can come in and have light to even see what they are buying. We pay for water, refuse disposal and other expenses.

People sometimes look at the cost of an item in £ or $ and think that they should pay the same equivalent cost in Naira but it doesn't work that way.

My Aveeno and all the other products that I sell is cheaper because I made a decision a long time ago to charge little and have a higher turnover.

I am in a position to take this step because I live in the UK and have access to where I can buy things wholesale without leaving my house.

I don't have to pay hotel costs as a traveller coming to the UK for a 2 week business trip. I also don't have to buy something at a particular price and have the luxury of waiting until the item is reduced. In that respect my over heads are slightly lower but the downside for me is that I visit Nigeria often sometimes twice a month to see to the running of the shop and I pay a fortune on Air fares.

The only way round this in my opinion is for the government to invest further in the manufacturing sector so that we can begin to produce quality items within Nigeria then there will be no need for all these imports and then you will find that the prices will drop.

In the meantime who wants to be embarrassed at a party dancing on the dance floor and she shoe suddenly snaps because they have bought a made in Nigeria product? Sad but the truth.

That is the buzz statement.
However, maybe we need to reduce the party jare . . . . Nigerians too like to party . . . . but if they will serve gala, then, that is aiight, no gala, let all parties be cancelled.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Glenda05: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2011
Aveeno skin care products are suitable for all skin types. The testing of their products, quality is the prize they have already received, and some of these are the best Pad Positively Radiant Beauty Award Allure their Aveeno daily cleaning, Best Body Moisturizer Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion, oily skin Clenser the Best of Aveeno Clear Skin Clean the pads daily and Best Body closer to their Aveeno Daily firming moisturizer.

Aveeno coupon | printable Aveeno coupon
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by demmykay: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pls where can I get d original aveeno products in abuja?
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
demmykay:
Pls where can I get d original aveeno products in abuja?

I was about to ask the same thing.
Re: Who Sells Aveeno(positively Radiant) by manmidtexy(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2016
uwany:
plz who knows were i can buy aveeno products especially positively radiant lotion for the body,because i hear its scarce

If you are deeply serious about buying. Let me know quantity and asking ASAP if it will be favourable fpr both of us to business. I procure standard genuine products from USA with evidences.

Dont make any upfront payment, dont fall into hands of scammers that wants to help u buy from abroad, if it lands, you come to a public place to pickup.

biodun@manmid.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Corporate Maternity Wears In Lagos? / You Can Make More Sales Online / Where Can I Buy Indian Saris In Lagos Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.