Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How I Worked With Over 20 Companies Before I Turned 21, You Can Too - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Worked With Over 20 Companies Before I Turned 21, You Can Too (599 Views)

20 Companies In Nigerian That Pay Their Workers Well / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / Who Has Served Or Worked With FAME Foundation Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Worked With Over 20 Companies Before I Turned 21, You Can Too by ugofwesh: 4:01pm On May 26, 2018
This is not a piece where I just want to show off or brag of my little successful corporate career at an early age but It is just me sharing secret tips on how to get any organization to be begging you to work with them.
Sounds good right!
It’s a secret I have used over and over again both for unpaid and paid opportunities. You might want to explore it too.
I have worked with the following companies / organizations directly or indirectly: KPMG, Unilever, Andela, Enactus, Young Africa Leadership Initiative, Ringier Africa (The Owns of PulseTV), Hexavia, Tony Elumelu Foundation, UBA, Q21 Solutions, Lanre Olusola Academy, FUTO Business Club, Socialander, Sterling Bank Plc, The Autism Support Circle Initiative — TASCI, United Nation, Junior Achievement Nigeria, Global Shaper PH, Zolts limited, The Maintenance Institute Africa, Tech Hub Africa, Africa Sales Academy, Agrovation, Project Yahaya and many more!
My Linkedin profile here: >>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/victorbella/
Disclaimer: These secrets works for me. Doesn’t mean it will work 100% for you. Please note that time, situation, background and even location might differ but I am assuring you that with these secrets you should be close to your desired job opportunity.

Therefore, here are 10 secrets I am giving you, “the ASSURANCE, this will eventually get you your desired job/internship opportunity.
Are you ready? Let’s go.
1. Know Their sweetspot
2. Make their life easy
3. Show them, don’t tell
4. Count your lucky STARS
5. “WE” Instead of “I”
6. Body Language
7. Value before Value
8. I am not Hungry and Begging
9. I stand with YOU
10. Thank You and Follow up.

[b]1. Know Their Sweetspot:
[/b]It’s my biggest secret before I even submit any application, I will under study them to find every single details about them. I will even go as far as asking people that work there about the organisation corporate culture, work environment and condition.
How well do you know them?
However, these are pointers to question you need to ask.
– What is their corporate culture? — This will help you know how you will fit in.
– What is the company history? — If you know where they are coming from you can know where they are going.
– What are the employees’ background? — This will not only help you bench mark yourself with them but help you understand the people you will work with better.
– What are their values, mission and vision — This is more like their sweet button if you can use it.
People these days apply for job opportunity without relevant experience to it. A good application takes a day or more to complete. Think about whether the job really is a good fit for you.

2. Make Their Life Easy:
[/b]From how you sent your application to how you structure your resume, the employer will know if you will be the employee that will give them extra work. Nobody wants a liability but asset. From how you structure your email and resume, a good resume should be relevant, very specific and simplified to them.
Many people do make this mistake, which is very wrong. They would dust the resume that they use 5 year ago to apply for an engineering job and use same to apply for human resource manager or even a bank opportunities.
Don’t get me wrong you might have the skills for them to employ you but you have to make your resume fit into the industry. For engineering opportunity, they are on the look out for technical skills unlike bank opportunities are looking for analytical skills. The different is clear.

[b]3. Show them, don’t tell them:

I love this, with them you can be be seen as been proud or boastful. Let me use myself as example, rather than saying I have great leadership skills, I will say I discovered that there was no entrepreneurial community that made me to start a student business club and within 1 year we have over 1000 members, still counting and we have helped a lot of them with funding opportunity even the $5000 Tony Elumelu Foundation grant. We are currently setting structure and process in place to make sure that we connect more student entrepreneurs to funding opportunity. I now have a team of 10 students that work with me on this project.
So which sounds better?
I have great leadership skills or the one above? Obviously for you to have done all this you must have a great leadership skills.
So let your ACTION do the TALKING

[b]4. Count Your lucky STARS:
[/b]However, the secret of describing the Situation (S), Task (T), your Actions (A) and the Result (R) which altogether makes a STAR — is definitely good practice in application forms, and particularly in interviews. Just don’t spend too long on the situation and task, as I’m most interested in what you actually did.
Be careful while using this secret, just as I said above don’t waste time talking about Situation (S) and Task (T) it is important you talk about them a bit because it will give them understanding what lead to your Actions (A) and the Result (R).
Read the Complete Article here http://nyscsocial.com/2018/05/26/2111/

(1) (Reply)

Orchad Architects & Builders in Owerri, Imo State / Get An Edge In Construction Industry By Attending This FREE AUTOCAD Training. / Pls Is This Real? And How Much Do They Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.