Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (15524 Views)

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? / Let Learn Java Together / Come Here To Learn Java In Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

nice!

we could use a nairaland thread too, maybe the mods could be graceful enough to help us pin it.

so all beginners on nairaland could just walk in and learn something new, drop their issues, projects and others.

we have pros here too that can help when the going gets tough and we need a pat on the back. And help profer solutions and at worse clues when we get stuck.

All under the watchful eyes of seun and his crew.

We could use the both bro, what do you think? grin

D mods cant push ur thread containing a whatsapp group link in d front page cos i think its against their rules
Putting a whatsapp group link sef aint allowed(i guess)
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

D mods cant push ur thread containing a whatsapp group link in d front page cos i think its against their rules
Putting a whatsapp group link sef aint allowed(i guess)

i meant pinning the thread to the top of the programming section...
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sainttobs(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

Thanks buh i think whatsapp is better for some dat wanna conserve mb.
But den again we fit do both.

Personally I have uninstalled whatsapp & facebook messenger from my phone, it's a bit distracting.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sainttobs(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

nice!

we could use a nairaland thread too, maybe the mods could be graceful enough to help us pin it.

so all beginners on nairaland could just walk in and learn something new, drop their issues, projects and others.

we have pros here too that can help when the going gets tough and we need a pat on the back. And help profer solutions and at worse clues when we get stuck.

All under the watchful eyes of seun and his crew.

We could use the both bro, what do you think? grin

Another reason I prefer slack is that it's good for new programmers to get used to it as that's what most companies use to work.if you want to work remotely for a company you must be familiar with Slack. On slack, it's also easier to share your code with proper indentation.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by Epeak: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
SEO Services, Website Development, Digital Marketing, SEO Optimization and Web Design at affordable prices! We are a leading SEO Company and SEO Consultant in Africa. We have provided services across several African countries and the US. Our other products include Playstore Apps and Power Solutions
Visit http://www.e-peaksystems.com/
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by Ayodele951(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

How long have you been learning?

Close to two months now.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2018
sainttobs:

Another reason I prefer slack is that it's good for new programmers to get used to it as that's what most companies use to work.if you want to work remotely for a company you must be familiar with Slack. On slack, it's also easier to share your code with proper indentation.

Nice!

let's try both, as long as we're getting results.

Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2018
Ayodele951:

Close to two months now.

you've got the drivegrin
that's great.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by Ayodele951(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

you've got the drivegrin

that's great.

Yes. Wish would have started sooner.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ayodele951:

Yes. Wish would have started sooner.

Its still not too late
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by CodeTemplar: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

i meant pinning the thread to the top of the programming section...
You got the Info's you news so why front page?
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by Ayodele951(m): 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
sainttobs:

First thing you need to is set up JAvaFX on your IDE. You can check some online resources if you are stuck or you can ask me. After that you will need to download Scenebuilder here https://gluonhq.com/products/scene-builder/ I'll share links to my code on github later.

I think am stuck trying to import Scene builder into my NetBeans. Please will need your help. If possible if i can get your WhatsApp digit.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sainttobs(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2018
Ayodele951:

I think am stuck trying to import Scene builder into my NetBeans. Please will need your help. If possible if i can get your WhatsApp digit.
Sorry for the late reply. I don't usually use WhatsApp, but this is my number 07053842846. I use eclipse but check this video for how to set up Scene Builder on Netbeans. Just follow the steps there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rwcw6Kl8Ys
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sainttobs(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2018
Hey guys, you can check this little project of mine hosted on GitHub. It's a web app used to plot any location on the map and get the weather of the location. it also uses Speech Synthesis i.e it will speak out the weather(This works on Chrome, I've not tested with other browsers). This is the link to test it https://sainttobs.github.io/My-Weather-App/

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by Ayodele951(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
sainttobs:

Sorry for the late reply. I don't usually use WhatsApp, but this is my number 07053842846. I use eclipse but check this video for how to set up Scene Builder on Netbeans. Just follow the steps there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rwcw6Kl8Ys

Thanks very much. Sir.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sparkle6(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
Java is my first programming language and its very good and efficient for building app.
Then i learnt cpp and python small, and am off to web development mastered html and css in 4 weeks.
i made a few apps in javafx. javafx is 100 times simpler than swing.
jmonkey engine for your 3d games.
mobile 3d engine for high end mobile applications for java phones and consoles.
and the best part, you only need to grasp the basics of java and implement it in all java framework. Apache, glassfish server, pda and mp3 devolopment, andriod programming, java tv, java smartcard for atm card etc, and everything u need.
but try to learn python, it is being implemented in almost every language. wx python, jython etc
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
sainttobs:
Hey guys, you can check this little project of mine hosted on GitHub. It's a web app used to plot any location on the map and get the weather of the location. it also uses Speech Synthesis i.e it will speak out the weather(This works on Chrome, I've not tested with other browsers). This is the link to test it https://sainttobs.github.io/My-Weather-App/
bro can u invite me on a workspace, how can we connect since u dont do whatsapp
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
yo op, how we gonna go bout what we planned??
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by sainttobs(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2018
GreatAchiever1:
bro can u invite me on a workspace, how can we connect since u dont do whatsapp
u can contact me on my mail sainttobs@gmail.com. Concerning the workspace do we create a slack workspace?
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Yea sure @saintnobs lets create a new workspace. Would still contact u when im less busy
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
GreatAchiever1:
yo op, how we gonna go bout what we planned??

Sorry, i was away for a while.

what do we do now?
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by GreatAchiever1: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
ClassicMcGee:
Sorry, i was away for a while.
what do we do now?
connected to u but still no replies from u bro
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
Long time
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by dammieight(m): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
ClassicMcGee:
Long time

Hope you achieved your plan. smiley
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by ClassicMcGee(m): 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
dammieight:

Hope you achieved your plan. smiley

I'm a full-stack JavaScript developer now.

I dropped Java, sorry �.
Re: Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? by dammieight(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
ClassicMcGee:

I'm a full-stack JavaScript developer now.

I dropped Java, sorry �.

Okay, good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript / Function Points (FP) Vs Lines Of Code (LOC) / Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.