Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? (1214 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 27, 2018
Children are blessings from God after marriage yes true but that is a layman understanding because modernised prostitues today under he guised of "slay mamas" have children without marriage but the married ones looks out for it.

So what's the main essence of having children as most people disagrees with it and prefare to live childless.

Happy children day to Lalasticlala amarabae
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by braine(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2018
Having children is part of having a good marriage.

Prostitutes aka slay mamas having bastards should not be compared with married people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by donstan18: 9:38am On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Children are blessings from God after marriage yes true but that is a layman understanding because modernised prostitues today under he guised of "slay mamas" have children without marriage but the married ones looks out for it.

So what's the main essence of having children as most people disagrees with it and prefare to live childless.

@Embolden.

That's not a layman understanding, but a baby mama's understanding.

Only a bitter woman who got pregnant out of wedlock will say that children aren't blessing. Only them.

A married woman can't say such.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by eph12(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:

I don't understand the highlighted
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by UDUJ(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:

It is your personal choice whether you want to have one or not. Having a child, just because everyone has it, doesn't work. It is not just a new addition in your life. With a baby, comes a whole new set of responsibilities.[/b] Life would definitely not be the same anymore. Outings and expenditures would have to be worked around your baby. That's not all. [b]At every stage, there is a new set of challenges. When your child is a toddler you may have to run behind her/him to ensure safety, while later on their academic performances and personality development activities will keep you engaged. Basically, the child should be your prime focus.

If you ask my personal opinion, I would say why not. Why not explore the parent in you. After all, living to the full is also about exploring every aspect of life. From being a child to a sibling to a parent, you should live it all. So whenever you feel you are ready, you must have a child.

Let’s use this analogy:

Imagine you live in a nice, comfortable house. It has everything you need, is large enough and you have no desire to move elsewhere. You love your house and wouldn't mind spending the rest of your life at the same address.
There's one room in the house that's always locked. You've never used it and you don't foresee the need to use it. So you keep it locked forever.

You don't know what's behind that door. Your house is perfect just the way it is. You don't feel the need to open that door ever. You live happily in your house, blissfully unaware of what's in that locked room.

Let's say one day you do decide to open that door. You're uncertain - is this the right decision? Will it make my perfect house imperfect? What greets you behind that door blows your mind away. Is this for real? You lived in this house all these years with this perfect room that you never explored. You love the room. It seems the room loves you too.

You love spending each moment at home in that room you never explored, the room you never knew existed. You experience new feelings with an intensity that's beyond what you've ever felt before. That room becomes the most important room in the house.

The experience of having a child is somewhat similar. If you don't have one, you have no idea what you're missing. No one can “explain” the feeling of being a parent. You know it only when you have a child. Since you don't know what you're missing, you won't miss it.

But if you have a child, a whole new world opens up to you. You're so glad you opened that door. Once opened it can never be undone. Once you've experienced what it's like to have a child, you'll realize no other love can compare.

My 2 cents wink

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:00am On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Children are blessings

CHILDREN ARE TINY LITTLE PLEBS OF DISCOMFORT, FRUSTRATION, AND REGRETS. undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by mistyebby(f): 1:29pm On May 27, 2018
UDUJ:

It is your personal choice whether you want to have one or not. Having a child, just because everyone has it, doesn't work. It is not just a new addition in your life. With a baby, comes a whole new set of responsibilities.[/b] Life would definitely not be the same anymore. Outings and expenditures would have to be worked around your baby. That's not all. [b]At every stage, there is a new set of challenges. When your child is a toddler you may have to run behind her/him to ensure safety, while later on their academic performances and personality development activities will keep you engaged. Basically, the child should be your prime focus.

If you ask my personal opinion, I would say why not. Why not explore the parent in you. After all, living to the full is also about exploring every aspect of life. From being a child to a sibling to a parent, you should live it all. So whenever you feel you are ready, you must have a child.

Let’s use this analogy:

Imagine you live in a nice, comfortable house. It has everything you need, is large enough and you have no desire to move elsewhere. You love your house and wouldn't mind spending the rest of your life at the same address.
There's one room in the house that's always locked. You've never used it and you don't foresee the need to use it. So you keep it locked forever.

You don't know what's behind that door. Your house is perfect just the way it is. You don't feel the need to open that door ever. You live happily in your house, blissfully unaware of what's in that locked room.

Let's say one day you do decide to open that door. You're uncertain - is this the right decision? Will it make my perfect house imperfect? What greets you behind that door blows your mind away. Is this for real? You lived in this house all these years with this perfect room that you never explored. You love the room. It seems the room loves you too.

You love spending each moment at home in that room you never explored, the room you never knew existed. You experience new feelings with an intensity that's beyond what you've ever felt before. That room becomes the most important room in the house.

The experience of having a child is somewhat similar. If you don't have one, you have no idea what you're missing. No one can “explain” the feeling of being a parent. You know it only when you have a child. Since you don't know what you're missing, you won't miss it.

But if you have a child, a whole new world opens up to you. You're so glad you opened that door. Once opened it can never be undone. Once you've experienced what it's like to have a child, you'll realize no other love can compare.

My 2 cents wink

UDUJ...I hope you are human. Too much wisdom. wink...Perfect analogy..well said.

Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by ImaIma1(f): 5:27pm On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:

Are you working with what most people think when it comes to having children? Are the opinions of this "most people" going to form the basis for your decision to have children or not?
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Amarabae(f): 5:37pm On May 27, 2018
Lilisticlili:

The decision to have a baby must be made when one is physically,emotionally etc ready.
Yes children are blessings.
They bring something unique into your life,
Mere looking at a child that comes out from your body as a woman is a wow feeling.
Children are unique.
Whether the child was born in marriage or before marriage,
For me, it doesn't matter,
I don't go about judging people's decision and choice.
Have a nice week dear
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by UDUJ(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2018
mistyebby:

Thanks dear. I hope you're doing good!
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Rubbiish(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2018
UDUJ:

Sir is that u @dp?
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by UDUJ(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir is that u @dp?

Yes, why?
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by mistyebby(f): 7:18pm On May 27, 2018
UDUJ:

I'm doing great, thank you. smiley
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Rubbiish(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2018
UDUJ:

Yes, why?
U really look like those America hip hop artist...like 50 cent, Lloyd banks & d likes...i am sure u are a hip hop fan...
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by UDUJ(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2018
Rubbiish:

U really look like those America hip hop artist...like 50 cent, Lloyd banks & d likes...i am sure u are a hip hop fan...

grin Yeah I get that a lot bro
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by MrCork: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2018
Amarabae:

The decision to have a baby must be made when one is physically,emotionally etc ready.
Yes children are blessings.
They bring something unique into your life,
Mere looking at a child that comes out from your body as a woman is a wow feeling.
Children are unique.
Whether the child was born in marriage or before marriage,
For me, it doesn't matter,
I don't go about judging people's decision and choice.
Have a nice week dear

^^^ kaiiii. .see booooobsi. .sweery can I drink u? cheesy
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by ClimberG: 1:50am On Jul 02, 2018
donstan18:

@Embolden.

That's not a layman understanding, but a baby mama's understanding.

Only a bitter woman who got pregnant out of wedlock will say that children aren't blessing. Only them.

A married woman can't say such.

I don't know why some people feel single mothers are suffering, many single mothers are actually happy they are single when they see what married women go through on daily basis. The financially stable ones prefer to even remain single.

Infact there are a lot of aka 'married women' who are silently living like single mothers in their marital homes, lets be honest here. They basically take care of the kids alone and do the house chores plus school runs alone. Ontop of that, they now have to deal with a master that dictates and gives orders on how the home should be run. And you have to sacrifice your body for sex whether you like it or not cos its your marital obligation.

In naija, married mums and single mums are almost the same abegii. Naija women can cover up a lot ehhhh to protect their marriage, and its understandable. Only a few will open up and tell you the truth.
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by revolt(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2018
ClimberG:

I don't know why some people feel single mothers are suffering, many single mothers are actually happy they are single when they see what married women go through on daily basis. The financially stable ones prefer to even remain single.

Infact there are a lot of aka 'married women' who are silently living like single mothers in their marital homes, lets be honest here. They basically take care of the kids alone and do the house chores plus school runs alone. Ontop of that, they now have to deal with a master that dictates and gives orders on how the home should be run. And you have to sacrifice your body for sex whether you like it or not cos its your marital obligation.

In naija, married mums and single mums are almost the same abegii. Naija women can cover up a lot ehhhh to protect their marriage, and its understandable. Only a few will open up and tell you the truth.
is tht how ur mum n dad were or u ate..became fat, got dumped for a slim chic , you joined FIN, became a useless feminist?!!!!
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by ClimberG: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2018
revolt:
is tht how ur mum n dad were or u ate..became fat, got dumped for a slim chic , you joined FIN, became a useless feminist?!!!!

For the record, im a slim beautiful mistress/and single mother chopping the cash of a rich married man. And yes i am proud to say that i am mistress. You can go and hug a transformer if you like.
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by revolt(m): 9:24am On Jul 03, 2018
ClimberG:

For the record, im a slim beautiful mistress/and single mother chopping the cash of a rich married man. And yes i am proud to say that i am mistress. You can go and hug a transformer if you like.
ohh.. single mother(scoffs).....whatever rocks your boat baby is fine by me. Hioe the dude is the dad.
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

CHILDREN ARE TINY LITTLE PLEBS OF DISCOMFORT, FRUSTRATION, AND REGRETS. undecided

You were once a tiny little pleb of discomfort, frustration and someone out there regrets having you.
Re: Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
UDUJ:

Let’s use this analogy:

My 2 cents wink

Nice analogy, you are a father right?

(1) (Reply)

Can A Bastard Inherit? / The Unjust Feeling Of Entitlement From Family And Friends / Eating In The Dream, Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.