Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup (1409 Views)

BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt / Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra / World Cup 2010: Nigeria's John Mikel Obi Ruled Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2010
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by snowdrops(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2010
most sad for the ghanian team
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by azeeza(f): 8:43am On May 28, 2010
first it was Essien then mikel now ballack.what's happening to chelsea midfielder.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by snowdrops(m): 9:37am On May 28, 2010
is mikel ruled out of the world cup?
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by NET1(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2010
Mikel?

Please let nutting happen to my MI-MI o.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by ayo84(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2010
OMG,now that's not funny,
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by naso2(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2010
I think GFA gets all the blame for this, they always want to risk a player's career in the name of  loyalty to national call. Essien spent seven months nursing an injury in the penultimate season. An injury he sustained while on national duty. Everyone saw it as an arm of fate then.

Last season after sustaining an injury before the nations cup,everyone expected the GFA to pipe low and at least allow him recover fully, but no, they rushed him to the ANC and made him play a high tempo match against CIV and the rest is history now. I am not saying , honouring national call is bad, but as a career person, and for GFA as a responsible organisation , the players career should be considered in tines like this. I hope they learn this painful  lesson rightly.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by blankees(m): 12:19pm On May 28, 2010
Wats happening to all the Micheals in Chelsea, Micheal Essien, Mikel Obi and Micheal Ballack. Two are out of the WC, i hop Mikel wnt be out too.
I really feel for Essien, was looking forward to seeing his display in the WC, but unfortunately hez out. I hp it doesnt affect the Ghanaian team. sad
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Youngichou(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2010
Yes nemesis is catching up with him at last for what he did to his father
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Youngichou(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2010
Yes nemesis is catching up with him at last for what he did to his father @ blankees chelsea midfielders plays rubbish thats what happening to then
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Youngichou(m): 12:29pm On May 28, 2010
Yes nemesis is catching up with him at last for what he did to his father @ blankees chelsea midfielders plays rubbish thats what happening to then
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Sirpc(m): 12:45pm On May 28, 2010
Eh ya! What a sad news. Any the ghananian team still have capable players for his replacement.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by delegiwa(m): 2:25pm On May 28, 2010
He should simply go and beg his father.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by snowdrops(m): 2:35pm On May 28, 2010
Others believe that Essien's misfortune is karmic payback for the way he treats his estranged 77-year-old father, James.

James Essien, who lives in a mud house in rural Ghana and is in poor health, told Ghana's Daily Guide earlier this month that he has not seen his son for 15 years and attempts to contact him have been met with silence.

Despite the poor relationship, James Essien said he was devastated by his son's misfortune.

"I am disappointed that he (Essien) will not take part in the World Cup, I was so sad when I heard it," told Citi Eyewitness News.

"I have not eaten since I heard that he will not be with the team in South Africa."

But some Ghanians are unconvinced by the father's expression of sympathy.

Belief in witchcraft is still widespread in Ghana - and many other African nations. More than a few fans said they thought the old man had used juju to ensure his son would not play in the World Cup.

FROM IOL.CO.ZA
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by naso2(m): 2:59pm On May 28, 2010
snowdrops:

Others believe that Essien's misfortune is karmic payback for the way he treats his estranged 77-year-old father, James.

James Essien, who lives in a mud house in rural Ghana and is in poor health, told Ghana's Daily Guide earlier this month that he has not seen his son for 15 years and attempts to contact him have been met with silence.

Despite the poor relationship, James Essien said he was devastated by his son's misfortune.

"I am disappointed that he (Essien) will not take part in the World Cup, I was so sad when I heard it," told Citi Eyewitness News.

"I have not eaten since I heard that he will not be with the team in South Africa."

But some Ghanians are unconvinced by the father's expression of sympathy.

Belief in witchcraft is still widespread in Ghana - and many other African nations. More than a few fans said they thought the old man had used juju to ensure his son would not play in the World Cup.

FROM IOL.CO.ZA

There is also this theory of the girl he jilted after traditional marriage and a whole lot of people are wishing him the very worst. I dont know how true this one is any way.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by snowdrops(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2010
Michael Essien is suing a woman who claims to be his wife. Dela Ackumey, an ex-girlfriend of Essien’s, alleges that the Chelsea man had performed customary marriage rites while they were together. At first I thought this might be a euphemism. It’s not but the truth is equally entertaining.

The allegations against Essien are that he rolled up at the house of Ackumey’s parents with a couple of bottles of Schnapps and some Ghanaian currency, and the couple were given advice on their relationship. This, according to my brief research, is the essence of the customary marriage rites. Seriously.

Essien disputes this and is seeking a restraining order to prevent the woman from ‘holding herself as his wife’. Ackumey says she has video evidence to prove that the customary rites took place, while Essien claims that the rites do not amount to marriage in Ackumey’s Anlo tribe. Confusing or what?

Understandably, his current partner is not too pleased about this ‘wife’. Anyway, the biggest impact from a Chelsea point-of-view is that Essien has insisted on appearing at an Accra Fast Track High Court in person. Presumably he is hoping this will take place over the summer.

UPDATE: Some sources are now claiming that Ackumey brought the case before the court to seek a divorce settlement. Who knows? Who cares? What we know for sure is that Essien is involved in a court case that boils down to whether handing Schnapps to someone’s parents constitutes marriage!

FROM OFFTHEPOST.INFO
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by hbrednic: 3:30pm On May 28, 2010
Essien go and beg your father sharp sharp,
money no be everything tongue
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by wazobiang: 4:03pm On May 28, 2010
what a miss for africa,
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by bkbabe97: 5:59pm On May 28, 2010
Soooo. . . . .  in Africa, say, I decide to go watch the game on a weekend with my gal's fam and I take some liquor and money for pizza ova there, they'll assume that me and they daughter got married? Wow! What we learn in life. Remind me never to go to an African chics crib with dough or Henny!
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Sonofpeace(m): 10:13pm On May 28, 2010
bk/babe97:

Soooo. . . . .  in Africa, say, I decide to go watch the game on a weekend with my gal's fam and I take some liquor and money for pizza ova there, they'll assume that me and they daughter got married? Wow! What we learn in life. Remind me never to go to an African chics crib with dough or Henny!
What are you? Who are You? You sound pathetic and confused always!!
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by Echidime(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2010
I hope the desperate girl also has a VIDEO TAPE where both of them were naked making love,not just traditional wedding video.
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by jokingmary(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2010
Not good at all. cry
Re: Essien Ruled Out Of World Cup by otokx(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2010
Too bad for him.

(1) (Reply)

Suárez's "goalkeeping" Steals Ghana's Semi-final Ticket! FIFA Needs Rules Change / Mike Adenuga Buys Brand New 2013 Range Rover &toyota Camry For Stephen Keshi / Goal.com Underrates Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.