Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection (471 Views)

How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection by 24hoursreporter: 1:34pm On May 27, 2018
Without an iota of doubt, HIV infection is one of the most dreaded diseases around the world. Irrespective of how people see it, HIV is a deadly disease. And it has sent many people around the world their early grave. However, I will be sharing some tips on how to reduce the risk of HIV infection.

While abstinence still remain the best way to prevent HIV transmission, there are still other ways of reducing the risk of this virus. So, below are some of the tips on how to reduce the risk of HIV infection.

Tips On How To Reduce The Risk of HIV Infection
#1 Total Abstinence

The best way to reduce the risk of HIV infection is total abstinence from sex. In other words, if you aren’t married don’t indulge in any Premarital sexual relationship. With this, you can lower the risk of HIV infection.

#2 Be Faithful To Your Partner
Being faithful to your partner is another good way to reduce the risk of HIV infection. If you are married, try to be faithful with your partner.

There are many married couples out there suffering from HIV infection due to the promiscuity of most partners.

#3 Regular Check up
Try to carryout regular check up to ascertain your HIV status regularly. Experts are of the opinion that you go for HIV test at least once in three months. With this, early detection can be identified and measures can be taken to curb it for further spreading.

#4 Correct Use of Condom
Try to use condom anytime you are having sex with someone other than your partner. Using condom is not enough, but use it correctly. Correct use of Condom is definitely one of the best tips on how to reduce the risk of HIV infection.

#5 Use of Unsterilized Sharp objects
Oh! You think sexual intercourse is the only way you can get HIV infection? This is not true, there are other ways you can get HIV.

One of them is the use of Unsterilized sharp objects. Try to sterilize any sharp object you are using. If possible don’t your own personal sharp objects like needles, clippers and others.

These are the top 5 tips on how to reduce the risk of HIV infection. Try and practice them, prevention is better than cure. No matter what people preach about HIV infection, it is better to be on the safer side.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/05/27/tips-how-reduce-the-risk-hiv-infection/

cc -Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection by ibori1(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2018
grin

y going for check up every 3months?,wen u av already gone for test at 3months mark and u r negative

ops, get ur fact ryt
Re: Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection by ibori1(m): 1:58pm On May 27, 2018
grin

y going for check up every 3months?,wen u av already gone for test at 3months mark and u r negative

ops, get ur fact ryt.
Re: Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection by 24hoursreporter: 2:02pm On May 27, 2018
ibori1:
grin

ops, get ur fact ryt.

Smile, it is a fact bro. You have to carry out your test every 3 months. I only write what I am certain of bro.
Re: Tips On How To Reduce The Risk Of HIV Infection by ibori1(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Smile, it is a fact bro. You have to carry out your test every 3 months. I only write what I am certain of bro.

even wen ur not expose to it

y d window period

if I may ask wat is d window period duration

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Causes Of Infertility In Women You've Never Heard Of [a Must Read For All] / Is This Anxiety Or Heart Problems / Shrink An Enlarged Prostate With Stage-a Herbal Tea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.