Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season (824 Views)

Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) / Moment Neymar Danced Into The CL Final With His Own Speaker, Only To Lose (Video / Klopp: Messi Said He Wants To Win Bring Back The CL - That Sounds Like A Threat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season by Emekus92(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2018
Liverpool players ought to be very proud of what they achieved in the Champions League, regardless of how last night panned out.
No one expected them to reach the final yet that's exactly what they did by smashing their group, beating Manchester City in the quarter-finals and then AS Roma in the semi-finals.
Jurgen Klopp's men were phenomenal from the beginning to the end and they were very unlucky to lose in Kiev.

From Mohamed Salah's game-ending injury to Loris Karius having his worst game for Liverpool, nothing went right for the Premier League side.
Klopp summed up the general feeling amongst Liverpool players and fans by saying they put absolutely everything into the game but got no reward.

"We all feel really, really bad and the way home will not be the best," he said. "We have to accept it now. We wanted everything and got nothing.
"We tried everything to win it, that's why I won't change anything in my preparations. I did the best I could, it was not good enough. I have to accept that."

KLOPP: WE GOT NOTHING
It's going to be a tough few days for everyone involved with Liverpool but fans have been given even more reason to be frustrated today.

UEFA have announced the 'Squad of the Season' and even though three Liverpool players made the cut, there's one noticeable absentee: James Milner.

Kevin de Bruyne and James Rodriguez somehow made the team ahead of the Englishman, who recorded a record-breaking nine assists in the competition this season.

Here's the team in full: Keylor Navas, Alisson; Joshua Kimmich, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Giorgio Chiellini, Virgil van Dijk, Raphael Varane
Kevin de Bruyne, Casemiro, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez; Edin Dzeko, Roberto Firmino, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah

So where the hell is Milner? He
was incredible for Liverpool throughout the Champions League and Kopites believe he deserved to be in the 'Squad of the Season'.

Can't blame them for being annoyed. Sadio Mane didn't make the team either, which is also quite surprising considering he scored 10 goals.

He probably should have been selected over Lionel Messi considering the Argentine only scored six goals and failed to even reach the semi-finals with Barcelona.

Re: Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season by Goldmaxx(f): 9:32pm On May 27, 2018
l
Re: Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season by obonujoker(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2018
Messi was. put for Mane
Re: Liverpool Fans Can't Believe One Player Hasn't Made The CL Squad Of The Season by Chiefheywhy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
Emekus92:
Liverpool players ought to be very proud of what they achieved in the Champions League, regardless of how last night panned out.
No one expected them to reach the final yet that's exactly what they did by smashing their group, beating Manchester City in the quarter-finals and then AS Roma in the semi-finals.
Jurgen Klopp's men were phenomenal from the beginning to the end and they were very unlucky to lose in Kiev.

From Mohamed Salah's game-ending injury to Loris Karius having his worst game for Liverpool, nothing went right for the Premier League side.
Klopp summed up the general feeling amongst Liverpool players and fans by saying they put absolutely everything into the game but got no reward.

"We all feel really, really bad and the way home will not be the best," he said. "We have to accept it now. We wanted everything and got nothing.
"We tried everything to win it, that's why I won't change anything in my preparations. I did the best I could, it was not good enough. I have to accept that."

KLOPP: WE GOT NOTHING
It's going to be a tough few days for everyone involved with Liverpool but fans have been given even more reason to be frustrated today.

UEFA have announced the 'Squad of the Season' and even though three Liverpool players made the cut, there's one noticeable absentee: James Milner.

Kevin de Bruyne and James Rodriguez somehow made the team ahead of the Englishman, who recorded a record-breaking nine assists in the competition this season.

Here's the team in full: Keylor Navas, Alisson; Joshua Kimmich, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Giorgio Chiellini, Virgil van Dijk, Raphael Varane
Kevin de Bruyne, Casemiro, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez; Edin Dzeko, Roberto Firmino, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah

So where the hell is Milner? He
was incredible for Liverpool throughout the Champions League and Kopites believe he deserved to be in the 'Squad of the Season'.

Can't blame them for being annoyed. Sadio Mane didn't make the team either, which is also quite surprising considering he scored 10 goals.

He probably should have been selected over Lionel Messi considering the Argentine only scored six goals and failed to even reach the semi-finals with Barcelona.
Make I put am here

GT
O. A initials

(1) (Reply)

David Beckham Trending Over A Shocking Freestyle Ball Play / Nigeria Not Ready For World Cup’ – Twitter Slams Uninspiring Eagles After Czech / Happening Today ...nigeria Vs Argentina (facts You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.