Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec (2152 Views)

You Miss Someones Calls And Refused To Call Back Yet You Pray For Destiny Helper / Airtel Night Plan Now 25 Naira For 250mb / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 6:23am On May 28, 2018
It's no longer news that Nigerians will pay more for calls and data subscriptions. The data plans we already have are damn expensive and the network providers in Nigeria, including MTN, 9mobile, Airtel and Glo have set to increase calls and data subscriptions.

According to the telecommunications companies (MTN, 9mobile, Airtel & Glo) "250MB will goes for N1000 (Monthly plan) 30days. While calls will be charged at 1naira/sec" 10MB data plan will now goes for N100 1 day plan, 200MB will goes for N200 weekly plan (7days) It's already in the law as more data plans will be increasing soon all the data cost increment are all stated down in the book of law including call rates charges.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sets to implement the Section 44 of the Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015, to all banks for the collection of 0.005% levy on all electronic transactions into a National Cyber Security Fund.

The Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015, stated that;
"There shall be paid and credited into the Fund established under subsection (1) of this section and domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria levy of 0.005 per cent of all electronic transactions in the businesses specified in the second schedule of this Act."

This charge also affects business like the GSM service providers and all telecom companies, including MTN, 9mobile, Airtel and Glo e.t.c Banks and other financial institutions and Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE).

Mr. Olusola Teniola, the President of the Association of the Telecommunications companies of Nigeria (ATCON), said "There is no choice but the only way to survive with the new levy is to pass the cost to the subscribers" and he added that "Nigerians should be ready to pay more for calls and data subscriptions."

The Calls per second will be high...the RATE of charges

Just ordinary "Hello" will slash out an unexpected money from your account.

"1naira/sec".

It's already in the law. Teniola also added that with the additional burden, the operators might also consider downsizing their staffs strength to stay afloat.

Hello Nigerians, are you ready to pay more for calls and data subscriptions?

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by xedyl(m): 6:35am On May 28, 2018
You people will sha not kill us.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by malificent(f): 6:45am On May 28, 2018
When I'm still complaining about the way my data finishes Even before its due date. Haba nau! These people should fear God small..

10mb for 100naira shocked
250mb for 1k

They should not try it o angry angry angry Nigerians will swear for them shaa..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Tallesty1(m): 7:18am On May 28, 2018
Born free, Taxed to death

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Sunkyphil(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2018
Stingy networks
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2018
malificent:
When I'm still complaining about the way my data finishes Even before its due date. Haba nau! These people should fear God small..

10mb for 100naira shocked
250mb for 1k

They should not try it o angry angry angry Nigerians will swear for them shaa..

Let the American Technicians upgrade all Android phones versions that will consume like Nokia Asha 200 so that anyone who upgrade his or her phone the 250mb for 1k 30days will last grin grin The new phones they will be working on let them set the data consumption size for the sake of Nigerians grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:03am On May 28, 2018
250mb for 1month? When glo 2gb can't even last a week mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:
250mb for 1month? When glo 2gb can't even last a week mtcheew

grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by opeano(m): 8:55am On May 28, 2018
Nigerians actually need to learn how to make money through the internet. There was this project a friend discussed with me about supposedly Lazy Nigerian youths. He said, what if we get paid for every posts we make on social media, what if Nigerian youths share the retail profits with shop owners for every new customers they link to those shops. I asked him how possible. He said a lot and I keyed into the project. Today, Not only am I making a lot of money daily. I make a lot monthly too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2018
opeano:
Nigerians actually need to learn how to make money through the internet. There was this project a friend discussed with me about supposedly Lazy Nigerian youths. He said, what if we get paid for every posts we make on social media, what if Nigerian youths share the retail profits with shop owners for every new customers they link to those shops. I asked him how possible. He said a lot and I keyed into the project. Today, Not only am I making a lot of money daily. I make a lot monthly too.

So how can one get started?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by bayaar(m): 9:16am On May 28, 2018
At least we would be engaged in anoda aspect. We won't see silly updates again.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by benzion72(m): 9:34am On May 28, 2018
IDONTBELIVEIT except there is a link to the source

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Ufranklin92(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2018
There father grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by toofit007: 10:19am On May 28, 2018
NaijaTechnician:
It's no longer news that Nigerians will pay more for calls and data subscriptions. The data plans we already have are damn expensive and the network providers in Nigeria, including MTN, 9mobile, Airtel and Glo have set to increase calls and data subscriptions.

According to the telecommunications companies (MTN, 9mobile, Airtel & Glo) "250MB will goes for N1000 (Monthly plan) 30days. While calls will be charged at 1naira/sec" 10MB data plan will now goes for N100 1 day plan, 200MB will goes for N200 weekly plan (7days) It's already in the law as more data plans will be increasing soon all the data cost increment are all stated down in the book of law including call rates charges.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sets to implement the Section 44 of the Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015, to all banks for the collection of 0.005% levy on all electronic transactions into a National Cyber Security Fund.

The Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015, stated that;
"There shall be paid and credited into the Fund established under subsection (1) of this section and domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria levy of 0.005 per cent of all electronic transactions in the businesses specified in the second schedule of this Act."

This charge also affects business like the GSM service providers and all telecom companies, including MTN, 9mobile, Airtel and Glo e.t.c Banks and other financial institutions and Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE).

Mr. Olusola Teniola, the President of the Association of the Telecommunications companies of Nigeria (ATCON), said "There is no choice but the only way to survive with the new levy is to pass the cost to the subscribers" and he added that "Nigerians should be ready to pay more for calls and data subscriptions."

The Calls per second will be high...the RATE of charges

Just ordinary "Hello" will slash out an unexpected money from your account.

"1naira/sec".

It's already in the law. Teniola also added that with the additional burden, the operators might also consider downsizing their staffs strength to stay afloat.

Hello Nigerians, are you ready to pay more for calls and data subscriptions?

cc; lalasticlala
the fear of BIAFRA, IPOB and nnamdi Kanu. This can not stop BIAFRANS from uploading videos of crime against humanity committed by Nigeria government.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by jimbson: 10:44am On May 28, 2018
No wahala
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 28, 2018
angry

These proposed values is nothing but an extortion of the highest order by useless telecom networks, how does a paltry pay of about 0.00005 x billions equate to consumers bearing the brunt?
Even if they are to remit to the fund annually an amount closed to N10milion, is not a justifiable reasons to propose such an exorbitant values. They are and the government are all thieves
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2018
PHC1stBorn:
angry

These proposed values is nothing but an extortion of the highest order by useless telecom networks, how does a paltry pay of about 0.00005 x billions equate to consumers bearing the brunt?
Even if they are to remit to the fund annually an amount closed to N10milion, is not a justifiable reasons to propose such an exorbitant values. They are and the government are all thieves

Due to the tax levied on them by CBN that's what is resulting to all these. If CBN Governor changes his mind about the levy stoff then the data and call increment will not hold.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by sheggsliveth: 4:33pm On May 28, 2018
if it can last for a month its better than 1.5gb that won't last a week
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Kmartt(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2018
opeano:

Please, how can I partake in this oooo. I have digital marketing experience alredy, even certification
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Delightful8(f): 9:36pm On May 28, 2018
opeano:
I sent you a PM.
Do kindly check. Thanks
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by EarthXmetahuman: 10:07pm On May 28, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Let the American Technicians upgrade all Android phones versions that will consume like Nokia Asha 200 so that anyone who upgrade his or her phone the 250mb for 1k 30days will last grin grin The new phones they will be working on let them set the data consumption size for the sake of Nigerians grin
so American technicians should be going backward to please some backward, shithole 3rd countries in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by NaijaTechnician(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
so American technicians should be going backwards to satisfy some backward 3rd countries in Africa?

That's naija for you
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by Nobody: 8:04am On May 29, 2018
PHC1stBorn:
angry

Multiple taxation is too rampant in the Telecom sector. Who bears the final burden is the consumer. So the government should be careful when make and implementing tax policies
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec by eyostines(m): 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
opeano:
can you share more light on how it works? thanks

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 5 Oreo Beta / Which Is Best Samsung A51 And A52? / Fast Charge Technology On Smartphones Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.