Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic (753 Views)

CCTV Captures Moment A Boy Stole A Phone From A Shop (pics/video) / Police Arrest Ogun Landlord Who Tied Up 11-year-old Twins Like Goats (pic) / Lady Confronts A Co-Passenger Who Harassed Her In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 9:44am On May 28, 2018
This is to draw the attention of Nigerians and the security agencies to the illegal things some landlords do in Lagos. I read a thread here on Nairaland where a lady cried out for help when her landlord took the law into his hands and broke into the lady's shop in Abule Egba and stole her money and goods from her shop. So landlords are now taking the law into their hands and doing illegal ejection using threats and breaking of apartments. This country can never develop if we keep supporting crime. I decided to immediately investigate her claims since the area is popular in Abule egba and I will give u the result of my investigation later.

Here is the link to the thread for those who didn't read it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4524479/pls-breaking-shop-stealing-property

What surprised me was that many people who commented were blaming the lady for not quitting the shop when the landlord started threatening her. As if it's so easy to leave a place you've been doing business and people know u for up to seven years or more. It surprises me that instead of Nigerians to strongly condemn such behavior by the landlord, they're indirectly encouraging it. So is it that the law is now dead in Nigeria? How can someone have the guts to do such a thing and people are now turning it into a tribal war and sentiments instead of tackling the main issues?

Look this can happen to anybody so we shouldn't blame the lady for not quitting the shop since last year. Do you know the reason why she couldn't leave the shop? That's not what she asked u to advice her, she said she needed to alert the people and the government that her life was in danger and she needed urgent protection since it seems the landlord was trying to compromise and bribe the police and refused to honor police invitation despite the gravity of his offense.

I'm also surprised dat even when some people turned it into tribal issues and suggested that she must be igbo and the landlord must be yoruba, she still came to the thread and told us that both herself and the landlord are yorubas but people still insulted her despite you know she needed help. You sit at the comfort of your home to type and insult others and don't know what people are going through. This can happen to anybody. It happened to that lady now, it can happen to you or your family or friends tomorrow. So you never can tell.

This is what i found out as i investigated. Her claims are very true even the stealing of her money and goods. That place is a very busy place and popular in abule egba. The lady has been there for many years. That woman they call iyalode is an illiterate woman who was jealous of her because she's educated. The iyalode is the landlord's late elder brother's wife and she behaves like a lord and a government unto herself on that street by going to many of the shops and stalls on that Santos avenue to always extort money and many things from them.

What led to the hatred is because this lady refused to give her a weavon she's selling in her shop which cost more than 10k for free. For God's sake how do you expect someone to give u under duress what she's selling to make a living just because u're the landlord's brother's wife. This is even when this lady used to make hair for the iyalode free that last year. She started hating her when she knew she cannot just come and take anything from d lady's shop as she used to do to some other shops.

That was how this woman ganged up wit the landlord against her and told her to quit so that they can give the shop to another person who would pay more than what she was paying. But instead of giving her quit notice they started spoiling her name and cut off her light last year. And u people are supporting this kind of behavior? This country is finished because people can no longer think objectively! So when they were tied of spoiling her name since she just ignored them, they now ganged up again and the landlord came himself with thugs to break her door and stole her money and goods. There are witnesses who saw him. Her shop is well stocked with costly cartons of weavons and attachments and hair creams so I wonder why people were saying she can't have such money in her shop. How much is 170k by the way that a person can't have it in his shop? Are Nigerians that poor?

When a person has a problem, try and help if u can but don't worsen the problem with ur words. The landlord has committed a serious crime as far as I'm concerned and must be dealt with according to the law. If it's in saner climes this landlord and that iyalode and those people who conspired against this lady should be in prison by now. Nigeria will remain backward if we keep supporting evil and if the police keep taking bribes to favour certain people.

What this landlord has done is it proper? Is it good to encourage this type of hooliganism and illegality? When will Nigeria get out of corruption when police will no longer collect bribes to influence a case? Pls share your thoughts let's lend our voices to issues that affect this country and affect all of us. So that we can gradually find solutions to these issues.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by madridguy(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2018
Ok
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 10:03am On May 28, 2018
We should never encourage illegality in this country. We are talking about change that we expect from government. I think the change starts from us.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Anigreat: 10:07am On May 28, 2018
shocked

The Landlord in question, should give his own side of his story, before i judge.

Beside, is she very sure that it was the landlord that breaks into her shop, or she based all this on assumption?
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 28, 2018
I think that for us to solve this problem, we must all talk about this menace. If people who do this type of thing are punished, others will learn and not do it.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 28, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

The Landlord in question, should give his own side of his story, before i judge.

Beside, is she very sure that it was the landlord that breaks into her shop, or she based all this on assumption?

Did u read my post above very well? It's stated there that there are witnesses who saw the landlord when he personally brought thugs to break her shop & stole her money & goods. Everybody confirmed it.

Pls let's not twist things when there are witnesses.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 9:23am On May 29, 2018
The problem is that since those who commit crimes in Nigeria are not punished, people continue to commit more crimes.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 18, 2018
We should not encourage crime in this country.
Re: My Investigation of the Landlord who harassed & stole a lady's money & goods(Pic by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

She has all the evidence to prove it.

(1) (Reply)

See How Yahoo Boy Ran ‘mad’ And Stabbed Himself To Death In Delta State / INCREDIBLE. Man Had Foot Amputated Then Served It To Friends For Dinner PHOTOS / Man Shares Story Of How He Was Sexually Abused As A Child That Made Him Turn Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.