Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria (6811 Views)

What No One Tells You About Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty: Part 3 / Elumelu Seeks More Int’l Support To Boost Entrepreneurship In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by magazineguy(m): 10:43am On May 28, 2018
Nigerians are very hardworking group of people especially the youths. A lot of them have worked very hard and their achievements have planted great sense of pride in our hearts. Names of those who have taken their crafts to great heights are too numerous to mention, they have excelled greatly in areas such as I.C.T, food processing, small scale manufacturing, fashion, science and technological innovations, arts and entertainment, media and journalism, sports etc. These successful youths are role models whose success can be emulated by others through effective promotion of entrepreneurship, a few ways to carry this out are:

Practical learning

Entrepreneurship knowledge should be properly developed and the teaching should employ a more practical approach to encouraging novelty and perfection in product or service development.

A more encouraging environment

An atmosphere that inspires entrepreneurship should be created with the support of schools, government and private organizations through mentoring and funding.

Increase networking

Platforms that encourage networking opportunities and exchange of ideas should be encouraged. Regular meet ups, summits and conferences by entrepreneurs will increase exchange of ideas leading to better business skills and enhance the overall economy of the nation.

Encourage collaborations

When collaboration between individuals, states are high, production will increase and when the collaboration is extended to other countries, export of the commodities or services will also increase, this will in turn better the balance of payment of the country.

Standard and quality control

Consumers satisfaction should be the ultimate goal, emphasis should be placed on standard in order to ensure sustainability of investments. A country where standard of production is not a priority easily loses ground in international trade.

Equip and update skill hubs

Hubs where vocational skills are taught should be equipped and updated with modern tools and competence in order to ensure that outputs conform with internationally accepted standard.

Source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/six-ways-grow-entrepreneurship-nigeria/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On May 28, 2018
k
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by opalu: 10:53am On May 28, 2018
Wonderful
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:53am On May 28, 2018
I love threads like this.
Good job OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by SoapQueen(f): 10:56am On May 28, 2018
7.Have the sense of an Igbo man.

7 Likes

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Millz404(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2018
Entrepreneurship is one of the hardest thing I've done all my entire life

4 Likes

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2018
What of money and funding? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by dlondonbadboy: 10:57am On May 28, 2018
Will Buhari allow our entrepreneurs thrive?
Is there light in Nigeria? Can entrepreneurs survive without electricity?

3 Likes

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by HOLYDICK(m): 11:07am On May 28, 2018
Family and friends must always pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by BlackHatNaija: 11:10am On May 28, 2018
Networking is very important. Most times human resources is better than money. It helps get things done without having to pay but in kind.
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by sexdoll: 11:11am On May 28, 2018
only one page?

lazy youths are truly the problem of this country. cry cry cry
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Crystalom3(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2018
Millz404:
Entrepreneurship is one of the hardest thing I've done all my entire life
true.

Especially when procrastination sets in.
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29am On May 28, 2018
I guess this economy is not encouraging at all, imagine they gave my company #70k bill of unused NEPA bill?

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by monkiwi: 11:39am On May 28, 2018
Growth we need
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 28, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Will Buhari allow our entrepreneurs thrive?
Is there light in Nigeria? Can entrepreneurs survive without electricity?

It's very frustrating!!!
Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 12:43pm On May 28, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
What of money and funding? undecided
the post is pointless without this!!!

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ammy60: 12:44pm On May 28, 2018
HOLYDICK:
Family and friends must always pay.
yes ,you are right.

(1) (Reply)

Meet 10 Nigerian Billionaires All From The Same Town Nnewi / Household And Office Furniture At Affordable Rates / Instantgold.ng Please Pay Me My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.