Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles (546 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Working With Criminals To Extort Money From My Company / Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Man Who Dressed Like A Lady To Extort Money From Guys, Caught & Stripped(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles by ajanma2(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2018
I am chimelum ajanma,a Nigerian Journalist who has got a great passion for research..
So on my usual routine movement to different States in Nigeria to know the happenings around the environs,I stormed Okene in Kogi state.. Kogi is a calm and peaceful place to live in although it isn't much developed.. but I witnessed some heartbreaking activities right on the express road even with the Vigilante group being present,perhaps I heard its their daily stuffs...
Some groups of masquerades ranging almost 20 in numbers closed the road and began extorting money from vehicles right on the Express road,from road side passerby and some went further entering peoples houses irrespective of vigilante being present.Mind you,its compulsory to give them money because if you don't,they would block your passage,u still resist?then you will get flogged..I spent almost all my money settling them individually..
Am not against any Tradition but community leaders must know the character of people they allow to wear masquerades in the name of culture. A masquerade has no right to mount road block on any road where motorists, cyclists and other road users ply on daily basis..Over the years, the masquerades have remained thorns in the flesh of residents and visitors, who are always forced to part with some money or get the beating of their lives, even as women are being raped...“The security agents should treat these criminals who hide under the guise of masquerade to harass and harm law-abiding citizens...

Re: Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 28, 2018
Re: Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles by ajanma2(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2018
More photos..
Cc lalasticala,mynd44

Re: Masqurades Block Express Road In Okene,kogi State To Extort Money From Vehicles by Pat081: 6:47pm On May 28, 2018
Is dat road block in ur village?let police block dia own u go knw

(1) (Reply)

Fight Between A Soldier And Lagos State Environmental Sanitation Corps / Man Wrongly Detained For 25 Yrs Gets $10m Reward. Photos / SARS Officers Involved In The Ojota Chinese Town Saga Have Been Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.