Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 (5270 Views)

N-power Begins Deployment Of Applicants / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? / NDLEA Recruitment Test: A Must Read Update On Final Shortlist Of Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Ambi25: 6:30pm On May 28, 2018
The latest development in government organization recruitment age requirements which is now set between the age of 18 to 30 years which use to be at 35 years maximum requirements before and not anymore.

Applicants that are above the maximum age requirements for government job are now asking questions regarding their fate in securing government job. The latest development was the recent 2018 recruitment in the following government establishment:

* Nigeria prison service 2018 recruitment
* Federal fire service recruitment
* And now Federal road safety corps recruitment.

These government organization listed above has set the maximum application age requirements to 30 years. That means if you are above 30 years you are no longer eligible to apply for these government jobs.

If you look at it critically, applicants between the age bracket of 30 to 35 years are the majority seeking for job at the moment. Why the age discrepancy now? Question the government should answer!

We know that citizens can not be hired by government alone and are encouraged to tour the road of entrepreneurship but the fact still remain that not everyone can succeed as an entrepreneur. They will always need someone like a boss to guide them, that's why the labour market will not be empty anytime soon.

Let hear your opinion on this matter! Use the comment box below to tell us what you think.

Source: http://www.npowerdg.com/2018/05/new-fg-recruitment-age-requirement-what.html

1 Like

Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Cutehector(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2018
First of all, you ask yourself what is the retirement tenure for govt jobs, only then would you understand the reason why the age limit is pegged at 30.
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by lunacol(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2018
There is no specific legislation governing age discrimination in Nigeria, however, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 2011 (as amended) (the “Constitution”) has fundamental provisions which generally guarantees all citizens of Nigeria freedom from discrimination.

Section 42 of the Constitution specifically provides for the right to freedom from discrimination. The section provides that a citizen of Nigeria shall not be subjected to any disabilities or restriction, expressly or in application of any law or any executive or administrative action of the government just because he is such a person or be subjected to disabilities or restriction due to their place of origin, sex, religion or political opinions. In the same vein, section 42(1)(b) states that a citizen of Nigeria shall not be accorded any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria that are of other communities, ethnic groups or due to their place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion.

In addition, the Constitution contains guiding principles, some of which deal with discrimination. Section 17 (3) of Chapter II of the Constitution (Fundamental Objectives and Directives Principles of State Policy) provides that the state shall direct its policy towards ensuring the following;

Opportunity for securing adequate means of livelihood;
Just and humane conditions of work;
Health, safety and welfare of all persons in employment;
Equal pay for equal work without discrimination on any ground whatsoever; and
Prohibition of child and aged labour.
Unfortunately, the foregoing provisions of Section 17 of the Constitution are non-justiciable. This is because Section 6 (6) of the Constitution stipulates that the judicial powers vested in the court shall not extend to any issue or question as to whether any act or omission by any authority or person or as to whether the law or any judicial decisions is in conformity with the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy set out in Chapter II. It follows therefore that any action brought to enforce the provisions of Section 16, 17 and 20 of the Constitution will be void.

Thankfully, some of the directive principles, particularly (v), have been taken into consideration in the drafting of existing legislation such as the Labour Act 1971. The Labour Act is the primary legislation governing employment relations in Nigeria. The Act makes specific provisions for the protection of wages of all employees regardless of age, sex, religion or political beliefs. It also provides strict restrictions for recruitment of persons categorised as young persons i.e. persons below sixteen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by jaychubi: 7:05pm On May 28, 2018
Swear affidavit and use your football age, are you a learner

Even Buhari claiming 75 is over 85 yrs

Make I hear say person no apply bc of age

3 Likes

Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Ambi25: 7:09pm On May 28, 2018
jaychubi:

Some people have swear affidavit, change age tire to the extend that they can no longer change age again! Many will relate to this.
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by jaychubi: 7:12pm On May 28, 2018
Ambi25:

Some people have swear affidavit, change age tire to the extend that they can no longer change age again! Many will relate to this.

Well may be for those above 45 yrs, they can give up paid employment n focus on business or farming
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Me77: 7:37pm On May 28, 2018
Guys! if you know how to make use of the internet and know your SEO very well. I swear to God, you will reject any federal job given to you. Being employed is a waste of time if you really know your worth.
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by doncrvito(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2018
you genuine chance to get and recieve a visa to anycountry at discount rates.....my name is victor and i have someone who helps.his facebook name is bolajide
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Delightful8(f): 9:31pm On May 28, 2018
Me77:
Guys! if you know how to make use of the internet and know your SEO very well. I swear to God, you will reject any federal job given to you. Being employed is a waste of time if you really know your worth.
Hello!
I sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by kmaster007: 12:30am On May 29, 2018
I wonder ooooo..
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by hischosen: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
doncrvito:
you genuine chance to get and recieve a visa to anycountry at discount rates.....my name is victor and i have someone who helps.his facebook name is bolajide
I sent you a pm
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by hischosen: 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
Me77:
I sent you a pm
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by blessedchild247: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
Plz show me how to earn online
Re: New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 by Hassanmaye(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
jaychubi:

You can't do that now because NYSC certificate has age on it, how can we do

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff / Total Oil And Gas OND Recruitment / Graduate Recruitment In Lagos - Updated - 22nd-April-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.